A Magical Evening Indeed (2)
1.1k 1 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shoutout to DarkOuroboros!

Read 60 advance chapters and support the novel @

Patre on.com/Fanharem

***

According to the customs of Xie Xan and Hu Lana's village, a wedding must be performed on the night of the full moon. In the world of spirit maters that wished to hold their destiny in a chokehold, this was surely an outdated custom but full moon by itself was considered quite a pretty background, and indeed, the full moon of this world hit differently due to the lack of pollution. The night sky looked enchanting with one full orb and under the moon, on top of the northern entrance was set a scape of flowers and enchanting vines of Blue Silver Emperors with silver flowers blooming from them as they hung on the perimeters.

Truly, Ah Yin stretched the boundaries of what could be grass, flower, or a vine since she herself was a tree.

"Wow... this looks so pretty," Jun'er exhaled as her pitch-black pupils were attracted to the decor of the roof.

"Do you think we'll ever get married?" Ja Sun compressed his voice and inquired of Ah Yin while his stare made her slither her arm around his, hugging him. She, too, wore flower-printed robes but the robes matched the color of her hair with a brilliant silver head bracelet gleaming from time to time.

It was pretty simple. The women had to wear flower-printed robes and the men had to wear something with fur. The team consciously picked the palette that they were already comfortable with or matched their aesthetics but Bibi Dong's bun pin and Ah Yin's even more prominent head jewelry attracted glances from other women in the team.

"Do you want to get married?" Ah Yin, too, smiled at Yuehua as she caught the Phoenix staring at her head bracelet while compressing her voice.

"Is that a proposal? Gosh, I don't know what to say! This is all so sudden. I feel so overwhelmed!" Ja Sun chuckled and Ah Yin rolled her eyes but her expression froze as Qian Daoliu and Bibi Dong walked over.

"Let's get married when one of us reaches Titled Douluo... I know I want to reach that rank more than ever." Ja Sun simply concluded while Ah Yin couldn't focus on what her master was saying. Probably something perfunctory since he had taught them a great deal yesterday including the fact that the ordinary rule she was taught after becoming a human that rank 60 and above can never be outed a spirit beast is false for she couldn't fool her master's senses.

Ah Yin recovered quickly but not quick enough for the oddity to have been observed by Bibi Dong.

Ja Sun and Qian Daoliu, meanwhile, tacitly kept their silence of the breakthrough last night. Ja Sun was now intimately aware of the level Qian Daoliu was currently at... and given the right conditions, Ja Sun felt he could exchange a few blows with his master but his body would give out in the process.

"You're looking good, Master. You should test my gift tonight. There will be many spirit masters during the banquet. Maybe I can learn something, too." Ja Sun grinned, making Qian Daoliu snort, "Don't be chummy, boy. I'm keeping that creation of yours for safekeeping. When the day comes where you find your children a regretful accident, something that all parents would feel one day in their lives, I will return that back to you.

That brings me to the next topic... when are you two having a child?" Qian Daoliu didn't keep his voice soft and others instantly dropped all topics of conversation and gathered around with interest as if little children waiting for their grandfather to sing a captivating tale. Qian Daoliu then shifted his gaze from Ah Yin to Bibi Dong and added, "Or you two? Personally, I would want Xunji to have already married someone but as you can see, the thought of marriage and responsibility drove my son to become a false god and silently hide away.

Thus, I can only pin my hopes for cradling someone close to a grandchild on the three of you."

"Well, Ah Yin said she doesn't want any but Bibi Dong is ready for anything right after marriage, right?" Ja Sun looked at Bibi Dong who felt the stares of her teammate condense on her. She had tried to follow Lana's advice from last night and tried to be confident but Qian Daoliu's shameless hopes and Ja Sun's shameless reply pinned her on the spot.

"I... I"

Bibi Dong gulped. It wasn't even embarrassment that rooted her but the thought of having a child instantly obstructed her 'path.' If Ja Sun had to categorize Bibi Dong in his previous world then it would be career-driven.

Bibi Dong had not even thought of this aspect of life for herself until after she became the Supreme Pontiff and then achieved a greater glory to her name.

"Grandmaster, how can you be so cold to Yue'er? Isn't he already like your grandson?" A crafty woman's indignant tone disrupted Qian Daoliu's need to have his disciples fluster a little, which he now realized, was too much to ask while Bibi Dong let out a silent sigh of relief and proceeded to pinch the flesh on Ja Sun's wrist with absolute menace. This made Ah yin shake her head. After all, she was profoundly aware that pain was something that made Ja Sun more passionate and that is why she did not mind scratching his back bloody at times.

Everyone turned their attention to the entrance of the rooftop to see the couple walking. Xie Xan was clad in a crimson fur-ended suit with a side chest plate strapped on top of him. Hu Lana wore red robes with the pattern of white lotus. While Hu Lana hugged Xie Xan's arm, the man himself cradled his son in his embrace with a dignified expression. It was almost a heroic one!

"Hu Lana, could you at least let this old man joke and have fun? Why would I have been present in that bloody ordeal if I didn't consider Little Yue a fortune for the two of you?" Qian Daoliu smiled walking up to the couple and holding up the sleeping baby dead tired from pooping all day.

"Come on, now. You need to get things done before the Moon starts to wane, right? Did you prepare your sins?" Qian Daoliu's inquiry caused Hu Lana's and Xie Xan's expressions to turn strange.

"Grandmaster, you're aware of our village's customs?" Xie Xan inquired. They were naturally happy that a figure as grand as Qian Daoliu would officiate their wedding but they felt that they would need to tell him the proper method before anything else, something they had already prepared.

"You don't get to live as long as me without a healthy sense of exploration. Of course, the concept of sinning oneself for the passion of the other is the common lore of the northerners," Qian Daoliu smiled while he stroked Xie Yue's head. However, Ja Sun could see more. After last night's breakthrough, although he felt suppressed as if he had hit an insurmountable wall, his eyes and mind had been opened.

This truly proved the fact, the stronger someone is, the greater they are capable of understanding.

At this moment, as Qian Daoliu stroked Xie Yue's head, his palm would extend a natural force of vitality that couldn't be observed by others as it made Xie Yue more comfortable in Qian Daoliu's arms and less prone to spontaneously crying should he wake up.

Understanding that Qian Daoliu was well-versed with their culture, the couple dropped the inquiries and Qian Daoliu began to make final arrangements for the wedding while keeping Xie Yue in his arms.

The small rooftop that was surrounded by flowers and vines of Blue Silver Emperor now had a crystal sink in the middle with water so clear and serene that it reflected the surface of the full moon. Standing opposite to each other around the crystal sink were Hu Lana and Xie Xan. Meanwhile, the group now silently watched the marriage with unknown thoughts.

They all sat on the ground over their knees since it was carpeted by grass— A major structural flaw that Bibi Dong will have Ah Yin remove immediately after the marriage.

'You have to make the best use of my marriage,' Bibi Dong recalled Hu Lana's words as she sneaked a glance towards Ja Sun who seemed engrossed by the traditional marriage. Ah Yin wasn't any different. The two loved to experience new things as much as possible, something she had grown to admire about and detest at the same time because that is one of the reasons she felt unable to truly be 'intimate' with them as a group.

'And three weeks later... it's Brother Hao's engagement...' Yuehua looked slightly dull but still kept the usual smile on her face. Liu Erlong, on the other hand, plotted her revenge against Ja Sun, the only way she knows how to reveal her affection and appreciation for always being 'cared for' by Ja Sun.

Oscar was sweating currently as a sultry, needful voice continued to arouse his senses, and the wand of power down there that was already sucked dry off its essence last night.

"Mmmgh~ If nobody was here we could have done so much! Say, how about we ditch the banquet after the marriage and sneak up here?" Jun'er wasn't bashful at all tonight. She was already engaged and now seeing her 'senior' complete one part of her journey successfully, Jun'er wanted more.

Two sets of glances landed on her. One, of course, Oscar. The other was a confused Ja Sun.

'Why the hell is Jun'er soliciting me?' Ja Sun frowned but then he seemed to have heard Oscar's reply which sounded somber. As if he was preparing to meet his maker.

"You better warm that butt for me because this granddaddy is gonna choke on tofus and choke with—"

Ja Sun's eyes turned dull as his mind tingled.

'I can... sneak up on compressed voice? The fuck?! Just what is the level of invasion of privacy I can commit? Better yet, how much invasion did that old perverted master of mine did?' Ja Sun glanced at Qian Daoliu who took a deep breath and began.

"They say passion is a Sin. Gods believe in virtue that is not dependent on another being."

His voice was incomparably charismatic at this point as a golden aura slowly seeped out of his body, filling the surroundings, and making others feel at ease beyond compare.

'Is that the law of comfort? Realm of Self, then Harmony to truly make peace with oneself, and then understanding the law that one understands about oneself. Master said that it doesn't have any major change on reality but is only a new form of comprehension... I felt that it was useless at the time but it is similar to my killing intent. A completely conceptual aspect of life being able to affect the world in the most subtle manner... even he doesn't know more about Laws than he stated, if his words are to believed.'

Ja Sun closed his eyes, enjoying the sense of comfort. Strangely enough, Ah Yin and Bibi Dong, and others had the same reaction. His shoulders became the resting point for the two as they rested their heads on him. Oscar was the same as Jun'er's mating calls were silenced and a comforting mewl escaped her lips as she leaned onto Oscar.

Though comforted, seeing the strange situation, Yuehua's and Erlong's expressions became bleak itself.

"But humans have shown time and again to sin for passion. Be it love, ambition, or prosperity. Sin is not to be rejected, but accepted. Today, two people have sinned. They love each other, and they shall do anything for one another. Souls that should pass on in the afterlife and return to the maker now commit the sin of giving their souls to one another." Qian Daoliu whispered. There was a slightly relieved smile on his face as he looked at Xie Xan, "Do you commit yourself to your beloved? For all she was, is, and may become?"

"There is no greater sin than a filial one, Lana, that's what I always thought. But seeing that I have yet another sin to commit to finally be with you... yes, I commit my being to you."

Xie Xan smiled as Hu Lana shivered. Her eyes felt warm and soon she started to see double of her soon-to-be husband.

Qian Daoliu then looked at Hu Lana with a kind smile, not the least bit enchanted by the charm the radiant woman in love exuded that seemed to be threatening his own law of comfort, "Hu Lana, do you commit yourself to your beloved for all he was, is, and may become?"

*Sniff*

Hu Lana sniveled, hurriedly rubbing the back of her wrist against her eyes to wipe away her tears.

"This is the final sin I want you to ever commit... I just want you to live happily. With me. With Yue'er," Hu Lana smiled as her tears still flowed, "And I want to be the one to sin for you. Yes, everything I am, have, and will ever have is yours. It's meant to be yours alone. This is my sin."

Qian Daoliu nodded and continued while gently stroking Xie Yue's head, "With the Celestial Body of the Moon Goddess as the witness brought down to the land, I commit the sin of announcing you two her man and his woman."

Xie Xan and Hu Lana didn't take long to step into the wide crystal sink to trample over the reflection of the moon as they embraced each other tightly, kissing without a moment's delay.

"Dude... are you crying?"

Liu Erlong's gasp suddenly froze everyone's expression as they looked towards Ja Sun who looked confused for the most part.

"Who's crying?" He looked around before touching his face. He was a little stunned as he muttered, "Well, damn. Consider me a romantic then."

57