The Banquet of Madness (4)
999 0 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large table was set up by joining many smaller ones. Jugs and mugs were filled with a dark green drink.

A drinking contest.

Everyone sat down but everyone was deeply aware of their position and where to sit. Those who weren't so aware of their surroundings were asked by various waiters and hosting sect members, leading them to sit further away from the center. Of course, this was a competition for the younger generation which meant that individuals that were already Titled Douluo or above the age of 60 were not allowed to participate.

With how mainstream cultivation is, 60 years is simply the more compromising cut-off for a generation.

In the center, on one side sat Tang Hao and Dai Mu. To Dai Mu's side was Zhu Ning and then Taiyin. Next to Tang Hao was Tang Xiao. Being pregnant, Zhu Ning had no plan on drinking but she was more than willing to accompany her family.

In front of Tang Hao sat the winners of the continental competition. Ja Sun sat in the middle with Bibi Dong to his right and Tang Yuehua to his left. Next to Tang Yuehua was Ning Fengzhi's fiance and to Bibi Dong's side was Ning Fengzhi himself as they discussed a few things in a soft voice, not particularly interested in the competition.

Everyone aside from a few who weren't competing gazed at the contents in their mugs. Waiters and waitresses already ready with refill behind each of them.

"I can assure you that it will get you drunk eventually," Tang Xiao cracked a grin, causing a few men to chuckle.

Ja Sun played with his mug, slowly swirling the greenish alcohol within while pondering something. Usually, he would simply let his physical core break up everything he consumes into pure internal strength that helps refine his physique. But he wanted to get drunk. Still, with the quality of his physique, even if his physical core isn't active, getting drunk is a hurdle on its own that is why this particular mission was so strange.

[Objective: Get drunk and then privately find an empty room to pump your fist in.

Mission Rank: A

Mission Rewards: Devil's Sin Recipe

Time Limit: 3 hours.]

This meant that it is hard for him to get drunk even in three hours should he pause his more supernatural features.

And even then, the reward containing some recipe was hardly enticing. Well, not as much as getting drunk itself.

"Let me start the round!" Tang Hao grinned, picking up the jug and draining the content with one giant gulp. Everyone gazed in his direction with great expectations, especially Dugu Bo and Dugu Xin since this product, if successful in attracting enough attention, would be added to one of the trading items of the sect and allowed Dugu Bo to build a foundation for his son. He was already an external elder of the sect, might as well make use of it.

Once finished, Tang Hao smacked the mug on the table, his cheeks slightly puffed out as he squinted his eyes in pleasure. Gulping loudly, he exhaled, "Fuck! That's insanely good!"

"49 is the number to beat," Tang Xiao smiled as he referred to his father's words and drank, too. Following this, everyone began drinking. Instead of speaking or bringing up past confrontation through many sparring events, the spirit masters enjoyed the change in pace for once. Even Bibi Dong was a bit surprised after she took a sip while Yuehua refrained from drinking further after one jug.

Ja Sun, on the other hand, gulped the contents as if he breathed the stuff. The alcohol was made from poison, he realized. He could easily figure out the contents because of his constant encounter with various strains of poison and venom which he had used to refine his body. This made it harder for Ja Sun to taste the alcohol as anything else than a fruit juice.

The situation also caught the eyes of many old masters who chatted and bragged about their younger generation amongst themselves.

Ja Sun's speed was simply astounding.

"My, my, Miss Bibi must have some troubles how quickly Ka-ul can complete his objectives," Dai Mu snickered with a tone laced with venom. Of course, the woman forgot she was talking to the personification of venom whose squirts were so poisonous that Ja Sun could digest them to slightly refine his body, making so that actual sexual intimacy with Bibi Dong was nothing short of cultivation of body itself.

"Princess, it is as the wise men say," Bibi Dong smiled, "Quantity matters."

Ja Sun almost choked. 'At least correct her for me being a quick shot when you're one yourself!'

Of course, Bibi Dong wouldn't just take Ja Sun's side given how roguishly he had handled Yuehua and Bibi Dong— unceremoniously one might add. He had gotten his fun. It was time for consequences.

Dai Mu playfully scoffed. Though weaker than Bibi Dong, her status currently was almost equal to the supposed successor of the Spirit Hall.

The surrounding individuals, however, were more than happy to see this argument evolve further into an ugly insult match but that didn't happen now that Dai Mu realized she wouldn't be able to get a rise out of Bibi Dong.

"Say, Princess, how about we try and get drunk? Let our partners fight off any pervert who might want to take advantage." Bibi Dong, however, continued. Venting is the name of the game and if she cannot vent on Ja Sun, then Dai Mu will be her unfortunate victim.

"Ugh..." Dai Mu's gaze darted. She glanced at her sister-in-law and her brother who dodged her gaze. She was the one to poke a spider's web, why would they step in? Not many know about the true terror of the Death Spider Emperor but being an ancient clan, the White Tigers knew a few things.

"Haha! A couple's competition then!" Tang Hao laughed. He could and would be drinking for Dai Mu's side, too.

"Sure," Ja Sun shrugged and matched Bibi Dong's gaze. He was distinctively aware that the 'poison' with which the alcohol was brewed was being mixed into the pool of poison in Bibi Dong's body. This made him think of something strange.

'Will... licking Bibi Dong get me drunk? Hmm... hehe, an interesting experiment that I must conduct!'

Shivering, Bibi Dong glared at Ja Sun before snorting and downing a jug entirely, making Dai Mu shocked.

"Now, now, Princess Mu. Don't make a girl promises only to disappoint," Bibi Dong narrowed her eyes.

"Let participate in it, Fengzhi," Lin Min, Ning Fengzhi's Fiancee smiled, a bit excited since she had never been the one to pull from competitions. Ning Fengzhi merely shrugged in agreement, unable to bring any good arguments on how getting drunk as a skunk was not a great idea but then he remembered two things. First, it simply wasn't worth it to argue with his loved one because she will most definitely tear him into a new one by the end of the night. Second, it wasn't worth it to argue with the Sword Douluo's loved one because, again, she will and the Sword Douluo together will tear him into a new one by the end of the night.

The completion began. Many hinging their rivalries to their tolerance to alcohol and those who couldn't soon began to liven up the banquet with jokes as dirty as Ja Sun's year-long unwashed underpants and boisterous laughter. What else could have one expected? They're drunk. That's their only job now.

The table began to start being a bit scattered. There were still a few who simply took a few sips and enjoyed the atmosphere instead of getting drunk and Ning Fengzhi was one of them. Dai Mu and Zhu Ning were the same, too including Tang Yuehua.

Yu Shandian lost his battle at 29th mug but others continued.

Bibi Dong's speed was almost as swift as Ja Sun while only Tang Hao, Tang Xiao, and Dai Taiyin could compete with them.

Tang Hao drank each mug with leisure, not at all rushing. Tang Xiao was the same. Even Bibi Dong and Ja Sun would smile and continue to make small talks all the while so the sight was quite amicable at glance.

The true terror was brought by Dai Taiyin.

He gave no reply. He didn't talk. He simply drank.

His expression only changing physically when he parts his lips to drain the contents but other than that, he continued to gaze at Ja Sun with an eerie calmness.

Ja Sun would have been freaked out a bit if he hadn't had his mental breakthrough but now he could feel the divine energy constantly roiling within Dai Taiyin. The sweet delicacy within the Crown Prince felt aggressive to Ja Sun as it would seemingly roar in dignified defiance!

What do you know?

Streams of Energy could actually roar!

"Brother Ka-ul, maybe you should make bed with Crown Prince. He certainly seems more interested in you," Tang Yuehua compressed her voice, eagerly taking shots at Ja Sun to get back for his impudent actions of holding her by the waist and hands at times, too.

But this is what Ja Sun needed to confirm that the Divine Energy within Taiyin was augmenting his senses since he caught what Yuehua remarked secretively as indicated by the almost impossible to notice glance in her direction. Ja Sun only caught this because his attention was wholly focused on Taiyin.

Similarly, Taiyin, who was focused on Ja Sun froze for a moment and then again drank. His gaze towards Ja Sun was now a bit different. A bit respectful.

'He knows that I know that he has Divine Energy and he also caught onto me sensing his divine opportunity so he also knows that I have gained divine aspect in my path... so, essentially, we know that we know about each other... A very confusing statement that I never thought to have concluded...'

Ja Sun and Taiyin broke into smiles out of a sudden and raised their jugs in each other's direction.

"To the next step." Taiyin's voice resounded within Ja Sun.

"To breakthroughs," Ja Sun toasted back in a similar manner.

Ja Sun didn't know the extent of knowledge Taiyin had attained but he was sure that unlike him, who gained his personal breakthrough using external means, Taiyin's augmentation was purely external and the strength still wasn't his own personally.

"Hmm, It's getting harder to keep up, hehe," Taiyin chuckled, standing up and Zhu Ning followed as the couple retreated from the banquet after Taiyin had 10 more shots.

The Crown Prince felt Ja Sun's predatory stare on him only for a short moment but it instantly made him more cautious. The more he had grown, the more he realized that Ja Sun couldn't be messed with easily. Ironically, it is by constantly butting heads with Ja Sun that the youth had concluded this in the first place.

Ja Sun's mind didn't linger on Taiyin for long. Divine or not, he has always targetted the White Tiger Clan for his personal benefits and that will continue regardless of how much he wrings them dry.

Right now, he only had one objective— To get drunk!

"Bring me a barrel!" Ja Sun scowled at the poor waiter who hurried to his words. Seeing him up the ante, Tang Hao instantly demanded a barrel, too. However, Tang Xiao wasn't that rowdy and simply laughed, keeping to jugs.

Two large barrels filled with alcohol were called out, making Dugu Bo and Dugu Xin beam with delight. The project was a success and the future trade of alcohol will get better since its potency was confirmed by this point.

*Thud*

*Thud*

Ja Sun and Tang Hao stood up. The latter of them felt a bit lightheaded but he still managed a grin, "The last to empty the barrel—"

"Will lick the floor. Get on with it," Ja Sun scoffed and pulled out the cork from the opening, picking the barrel simultaneously as Tang Hao and aimed the contents to his mouth.

*Glug*

*Glug*

Everyone stopped for this rare instance. Many viewed this with interest. Especially Dai Mu and Bibi Dong since they had a lot at stake— their ego.

Bibi Dong was sure that the better man— her's— would win this finale that will put an end to this contest but she knows all too well that a chance of failure still exists.

Yuehua, too, gazed at her brother and Ja Sun with anticipation in her eyes. No matter who wins, the quicker this ends, the better, because even with only three jugs, Yuehua was feeling lightheaded as her face was heated up completely.

*Sputter*

Unable to continue with the constant swallowing, Tang Hao finally gasped and choked, letting go of the barrel as it fell over him, splintering apart as if meeting with a block of iron with remaining alcohol drenching him and splashing out.

"Ah!" Dai Mu gasped but Tang Hao hurriedly waved his hand, "Don't disturb him... this is amazing," Tang Hao whispered hurriedly as every gaze in the banquet fell on Ja Sun who continued to peacefully gulp down the contents for minutes to come.

Guess he was a better swallower.

Wait— that's not right!

"Huff!" Ja Sun finally huffed, placing the empty barrel on the table with a slightly frivolous smile. A bit tipsy, from the looks of it as he blurted out, "I gotta pee."

"Hehe, don't we all!" Tang Hao chuckled, sitting in defeat but with a bright grin nonetheless as the alcohol on his body began to slowly dry up magically while his body bulged for a while.

---

"Hey, don't be so pouty," Bibi Dong scoffed. The return was only for two passengers. Tang Yuehua took a well-deserved break for the weekend to stay with her family after the banquet. It had finally come to an end. As the winner, Ja Sun had not only gotten a few thousand gold coins but as Tang Xiao stated, he did get a major boon!

A chance of having the First Elder of the clan hunt a spirit beast for them.

Sadly, Ja Sun realized that he could slap this first elder to death even when he only had one arm...

But his reward was something else completely—

"Pouty? I ahm nah poutey!" He slurred, intentionally remaining drunk still as he leaned over to Bibi Dong's side, kissing her neck as the carriage continued to move.

"Could we finally conclude our gains and the countermeasures we need to take after Tang Peng's move?" Bibi Dong groaned, her gaze lit with annoyance.

"Hum, hum, work, work! Sweettyyyyy~!" Ja Sun cooed, "Give me mah sweet sugar!"

"Only if we discuss things first," Bibi Dong scoffed. Ja Sun leaned back, humming loudly, "You don't love me anymore?" He finally inquired with his eyes widened in 'fear.'

Her lips twitched at his antics.

"Stop spouting bullshit," she sighed.

"So you lovveee me? Come on, if you say it, I'll stop. Promiseee!" Ja Sun grinned as the carriage shuddered, causing him to take the chance and sneakily fall onto Bibi Dong's bosom.

"Fine... I love—"

"Heh, I knew it. Liu Erlong's are bigger—" Ja Sun blurted out.

---

"Are you well?" Bibi Dong inquired while Ja Sun nodded calmly, the red mark on his cheek not stinging one bit.

"So, as sober as you are, tell me. Whose are bigger?" Bibi Dong frowned.

"Your butt is bigger," Ja Sun nodded calmly and then frowned, "What's with these odd questions? Shouldn't we discuss about the benefits and countermeasures to take after Tang Peng's stunt?"

He looked innocent but gazing into his shrewd eyes, Bibi Dong couldn't help but sigh in defeat.

"Truly... one day I should just poison you."

"And after being drunk for a while, I'll still return to be your hot mess," Ja Sun grinned, causing her to finally scoff with a bit of satisfaction sneaking into her eyes.

***

A/N: I had planned an R18 scene at the end of the banquet only to realize it was wholly necessary as Bibi Dong would be more eager to discuss benefits after everything dies down. So that's that. Next will be a series of chaps that finally propel many from the team to take their seventh spirit rings! Let's gooo!

***

Shoutout to Roderick Diaz! UnlimitedLikes!

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patre on.com/Fanharem

53