The Shift in Power (2)
711 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Spirit City was decorated to welcome individuals all across the continent. It was a special occasion, after all. An authority of power was finally being set on the throne of Spirit City once again.

Finally, three years had passed since Qian Xunji's disappearance and the silent battle for his position had come to an end. While the world thought that one of the publicly known Titled Douluo elders would take the throne, the announcement of the successor had taken the continent by a storm and her accomplishments could only be surpassed by a few, two of who had shared her bed itself. Of course, the last part was something known only to the beings closest to her... ones who she called her family, ones she would count on with blind trust even if the world might wish her to do otherwise.

After all, 'she' admired 'him.' He who didn't bend by the world but bent the world according to his whims.

The Spirit City held three locations of note.

The Spirit Academy, the Dean of which is a Titled Douluo.

The Supreme Pontiff's Palace, that also hid the Elder's Hall from the public eye.

And the Douluo Palace, a final resting location of almost all the humanely historical known Titled Douluos and the location where most Rank 90+ spirit masters would gain their titles.

Today, the major institutions of the Spirit City had closed off to allow the Spirit Masters to enjoy the festivities. It needs to be remembered that while the two Empires indeed hold a great army of hundreds and thousands of trained and disciplined men, the Spirit City was exclusive to Spirit Masters.

It's a holy land to all the spirit masters. As long as someone is a spirit master with a Martial Soul that can be cultivated, they can enter and prosper within the Spirit City. As such, even the owner of the cheapest stall was a spirit master. Even a high-class 'escort' to hire was a spirit master. Even the best chef was a spirit master.

Varied, colorful sights were presented all around the pristine spirit city. Mercenaries, spies, and other external spirit masters entered with various intentions but nobody could deny the boisterous charm Spirit City held.

Despite the holy and disciplined aura of the various Spirit Temples built within the two Empires, the Spirit City had a wild charm. Spirit masters are often more desiring than normal humans. To progress, a spirit master takes a great deal of risk and thus, they also indulge themselves with the greatest possible pleasures of life. And as such, the carnival within the Spirit City was a sight to behold.

The entourage of the two Emperors was welcomed with open arms. Their families were engrossed by the sight in front of them. The other six of the top seven clans soon entered the Spirit City, too.

At this moment, the most dangerous and the safest location for the humans of the continent was none other than the Spirit City!

---

The Pontiff's hall within the Supreme Pontiff's Palace was filled with guests of the highest caliber. While the city outside was still filled with pleasure, the individuals here had other thoughts. Instead of indulging, they wished to see this even take place personally.

Aside from the main throne above a flight of stairs decorated with gold and jewels as the sunroof directly gave the throne a natural spotlight in the dim hall, the other spots and chairs were already filled. Well, seats were only provided for the two Emperors, sect heads, and the myriad Titled Douluo level elders present. Everyone else had to stand in their presence.

Even their own family members weren't an exception to this rule be they noble or talented.

Yes, there were many Titled Douluos. Yet, the two Emperors and those who were more privy to the Spirit City knew that a group of this City's mightiest strength wasn't present.

The world outside didn't know of the Elder's Hall.

They didn't know of the existence of mighty Titled Douluos who ranked above 96!

They didn't know of the men who could level cities with their bare minimum.

Dai Laohu and Xue Ye— the Lord Emperors of the Star Luo and Heaven Dou Empires had their gazes locked with one another.

Over these past years, in observation of Spirit City's gradual and increasing strength, many differences were set aside between the two Emperors. They had corresponded with one another secretly and had made secret terms of negotiations. Of course, these terms were still being discussed. But that's just politics.

Until Spirit City actually becomes a threat, the two Empires' Ambassadors would continue to play in this dance but the two Emperors were already aware of one another's intentions.

Yet, the sudden appearance of a fourth party... the being who had claimed the Star Dou Great Forest had greatly hindered the growth of the continent as a whole.

On the other hand, the remaining six/clan heads of the top seven sects took their positions with great seriousness.

Especially the barely surviving Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon Clan. Although they were still mighty compared to others, the current head of the clan, Yu Xiaogang's elder brother— Yu Shantian had survived many assassination attempts and they barely hung on as one of the top seven clans.

Meanwhile, the leader of the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Clan had officially succeeded. Ning Fengzhi sat with a peaceful smile on his dignified face. Beside him sat both of the clan's Titled Douluo elders— Sword Douluo Chen Xin and Bone Douluo Gu Rong. His fiancee stood a little behind him with the clan's forces.

In reality, Ning Fengzhi's father had been sick for a long time and the boy was prepared for taking over at any given time. The appointment of the next Supreme Pontiff was just as good of a location to silently announce this change as any.

Meanwhile, the Tang Family had a calm exterior.

They, alongside the White Tiger Imperial Clan, had pulled a shameless move of engaging Tang Yuehua to Ja Sun. This by itself showed how murky the political grounds were since the White Tiger Imperial Clan was not only ready to suppress the Heaven Dou Empire with Spirit City and the Clear Sky Clan but they were also ready to suppress Spirit Hall with the Heaven Dou Empire.

Yu Xiaogang had a terrible expression at the moment and his team wasn't any different. There was a soft layer of murmuring around the hall as they discussed how the future of the continent could be shaped.

Other Titled Douluos such as the Fire Bird Douluo who had subordinated herself to Bibi Dong masochistically, Ghost Douluo, and Chrysanthemum Douluo had peaceful expressions, too.

*Thck*

A large sound shook the Pontiff's Hall as the inner gates of the palace were opened up. The soft murmuring died down as rows upon rows of holy guards walked out in their extremely regal and dignified armors. The sound of their unified footsteps was satisfying. Each one of them was at least above the rank of 60 as they began to position themselves around the flight of stairs and knelt on one knee the next second after taking their position, creating a domino-like effect.

Then, four Platinum Bishops in red habit walked out. Each of them a Spirit Sage if not a Spirit Douluo. They walked and stood atop the second last flight of stairs right beneath the Throne of the Pontiff.

And then it came.

A massive pressure blew from those open doors. For a second, everyone including Tang Hao who had been tempered in the Slaughter City seemed to face a purplish devil that carved their very souls with a sharp knife and then devoured their hearts, leaving them breathless, pale, and worst of all... intimidated.

*Tok*

*Tok*

*Tok*

A series of languid footsteps emerged from the strike of heels against the pristine stoned floor of the palace.

She walked out.

Holding a rose-golden scepter, wearing a remarkably beautiful dress that accentuated her curves and a crown-like jeweled hat reminiscent of a Pope's headwear. Her bubblegum-blonde hair curled down to thick luscious locks, her pale but sensual features taking everyone's breath away for a different reason.

Her 'family' followed after her. Each one of them wore dresses and suits that raised their unique charm but even Hu Lana couldn't overcome the dignity that Bibi Dong represented with her oozing sexuality.

They walked in silence. Short smiles on their faces.

And as Bibi Dong stood in front of the throne, her team stood behind it without an ounce of hesitation. They knew fully well that gaining a throne would never change the relationship they had with one another.

Yet, the distinct lack of one individual who had possibly slapped the entire continent with his actions made many frown. It wasn't enough to raise objections, of course.

Turning on her heels, Bibi Dong viewed the grand hall in its entirety. Her gaze took in the sight of everyone present. Even the weakest within the hall was at least a Spirit King!

Her pillowy lips made way to a smirk. Her dazzling pink pupils now glittered with amusement. She had done many things to reach this position. She had used her strength to literally make Fire Bird Douluo lick her shoe. She had threatened the increasingly rampant Ghost and Chrysanthemum Douluo with her potential and accomplishments, and she used these three Douluos as a means to bring others in order.

Of course, the said order was quite chaotic, but she was getting there. She was close to a perfect rule, but gaining the throne is enough for now.

Although she felt complicated about her master and his intentions towards her, he hadn't raised a pathetic mess. No. Emotions had their time to shine but right now, she was Bibi Dong, the Supreme Pontiff. She would sort out her troubles with Qian Xunji when shove comes to the pass but right now...

She only had the Spirit Hall's and Spirit City's best interests in her heart because her own interests were aligned with the growth of HER power!

For a moment, she looked back over her shoulder and smiled at her team. Ah Yin had gotten stronger but others weren't weak. In Ja Sun's absence, all of them had gotten stronger in their own way. Of course, now that she knew of Spirit Soul, Bibi Dong wouldn't let anyone absorb a spirit ring past rank 70.

Ja Sun had said that he might have a way to increase the age of regular spirit rings, and she knew he certainly had a way to do that or he wouldn't have spoken as such, but Bibi Dong felt that her team members' last three spirit rings should come from a 100000-year-old spirit soul. Of course, Hu Lana already had one but she can just have another Spirit soul later.

It was all about finding the compatible spirit soul.

Seeing their encouraging smiles and expressions, Bibi Dong nodded. She looked at the crowd once again and uttered, "I had prepared these Bishops to appoint me the next Supreme Pontiff," her voice spread as her scepter touched the ground with a sonorous chime.

"But I digress. I don't need pleasantries. Everyone here is someone an ordinary man could only hope to look up to.

I am Bibi Dong, the disciple of the previous Supreme Pontiff— Qian Xunji. I hereby declare myself as his successor. I hereby claim to put all of his teachings to great use and lead the holy city for Spirit Masters to even higher spiritual realms!

I, Bibi Dong, pronounce myself the next Supreme Pontiff."

As she said so, spirit rings began to emerge around her.

Yellow, Yellow, Purple, Purple, Black, Black...

Yet, the very next second, the expressions of many individuals changed.

The hall was saturated with a heavy crimson as Bibi Dong revealed her seventh spirit ring to be a crimson spirit ring.

Her smile turned wider.

"And I encourage anyone not satisfied by me to speak up now."

If there were a few individuals who wanted to cause trouble, their voices were stuck in their throats as Bibi Dong revealed her rank 83 cultivation by revealing her eighty spirit ring...

Seeing another fearsome Crimson Spirit Ring above the seventh one left many breathless.

Not only because of the spirit ring but its implications.

If Bibi Dong had two 100000-year-old spirit rings, then it meant she had at least one 100000-year-old spirit bone. While avarice filled the mind of the weak... the strong finally saw Bibi Dong as their equal.

In fact, others didn't know that Bibi Dong had gained two arm spirit bones from a single Death Spider Emperor and even if they did... they wouldn't be able to do anything. After all, her bone spirit skill is a special summoning type spirit skill that only raised her threat with added allies.

Yu Xiaogang's expression was frozen stiff alongside many others who weren't satisfied with Bibi Dong being chosen. Many of the Titled Douluo elders knew that she had one crimson spirit ring but seeing her reveal two of them shook them to their core.

Willingly or unwillingly, the hall kept its silence and Bibi Dong was aware that the true Elders from the Elder's Hall, someone whom she had no control over, were watching from the shadows. This made her smile even more brilliant as she added, "I don't need anyone to appoint me the Supreme Pontiff.

I know I am the Supreme Pontiff."

She struck her scepter again when the quivering bishops proclaimed loudly, "We greet the Supreme Pontiff!"

They bowed deeply and in turn, all the Holy Knights roared—

"WE ALL GREET THE SUPREME PONTIFF!"

Their voice, like a high tide, caused many to stand. As the Elders of the Spirit Hall stood up, others, all but except the Emperors stood in tow.

After all, Emperors represented the Political Peak of the continent. They couldn't be bowing down to the Supreme Pontiff and none other Titled Douluo did either. But they stood regardless of their positions and strength to show respect to the young and luscious Supreme Pontiff.

Smiling pointedly, Bibi Dong finally sat on her throne while setting the scepter aside as she viewed everyone with disregard.

"I am fortunate to have so many well-wishers. Now, please enjoy the festivities as I and other leaders discuss the troubles affecting the spirit masters of the continent and come up with mutually beneficial solutions."

Bibi Dong leaned back and closed her eyes as the visitors began to leave the hall slowly but gradually.

Still, she had already begun to play around.

Bibi Dong hadn't given any list in private for whoever should be staying. She was testing who here in this wall considered himself worthy of being a leader and then, of course, she would mark them as a predator she was and then slowly but gradually devour them to fill herself up... until HE returns to fill the void that only someone with a more dominant hand can accomplish.

She'd been enjoying herself as a leader, but it would be nice to know that when she returns, she would have someone to show her around the ropes alongside her 'sister'. After all, without him, Ah Yin would find herself cultivating day in and day out with only occasionally joining other girls to relax, and even then, she kept a well-respected distance between herself and Bibi Dong until Ja Sun returned.

Although they might argue that such distances weren't needed with how intimate they'd been... but if they were, to be honest, it was only because of their attraction to Ja Sun and not each other. They were beautiful and interesting. There wasn't any awkwardness between them and that is why the two could also be patient with one another.

Bibi Dong unknowingly crossed her legs and leaned her head to one side with her eyes narrowed in a deeply pondering state.

Her team hadn't moved from behind her. Standing even for an entire day wouldn't tire them out or diminish their value.

Xie Xan and Hu Lana were, however, a bit worried. They'd let Qian Daoliu nanny their son... but their worry lay in the old Grandmaster hooking their son up with his weird taste in centipedes...

Not much they can do at the moment.

Similarly, the forces of the two empires and the remaining six clans alongside the elders of the Spirit Hall stayed alongside...

As Bibi Dong cast a glance at Yu Xiaogang, she smiled. She was pleasantly surprised the lamb would present himself to her.

Bibi Dong wasn't the least bit afraid of his master and she had always said to herself internally a day would come when she would make him eat his arrogant words.

Sure, Ja Sun had been arrogant, too. In fact, her entire team, including herself, were arrogant to some extent... but would arrogant sons of bitches like them would let someone as measly as Yu Xiaogang put airs in front of them?

"Right," her gaze lingered on everyone present and she hummed, "Let's begin with the changes I intend to bring to some positions now that I am being allowed to lead Spirit City."

While she presented a democratic front, others knew well enough that her rule was more dangerous than politically ambitious tyrants and now everyone had to tread carefully.

***

A/N: My google keep is acting up slightly so if there are any errors, do notify me.

***

Shoutout to Edward O'neil, King, Ronin Katarn, Jonas Engell, and Fahad Alzahem!!

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

43