Departure
423 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The news of Ah Yin's pregnancy had caused a varied reaction in the group as a whole. Bibi Dong, who know of this already didn't mind it. She didn't want to have a child at this delicate moment in the outside world but that didn't mean she was averse to the idea of a child altogether. On the other hand, Jun'er and Hu Lana were the most jubilant as they began to fuss about how she and Yin could wear matching pregnancy pants in their last trimester.

But while Violet, Xiao Wu, and Xiao Bei congratulated happily, there were a lot of individuals in the group who felt a lot more complicated but didn't need to be named... because it was quite obvious to Bibi's eyes at first glance which made her shake her head internally. Maybe it was the natural things of order, his crazy and usually bald charisma... or the fact that he also presented a sense of peak male partner in certain areas alongside the issue that 'they' had spent a considerable amount of time with him that they had quite open feelings for him. Sincere ones, too.

Again, Bibi Dong didn't even need to point them out. But deep down, she had a slight worry that if things remain the same, it would be easy for their team's situation to worsen. Even now, Bibi Dong was invested in her own team. The addition of dozens of 100000-year-old beasts was quite a pleasant surprise but each member of her team had great potential and with their natural teamwork, they can bring out their strengths even better. If this is negatively affected due to... suppressed feelings, she would feel regretful.

And now that she had married him, Bibi Dong had a sense of security. She didn't question his loyalty just as he wouldn't question her competence and efficiency so... if possible, Bibi Dong naturally wanted Ja Sun to act quickly and 'tame' their loyalties fully.

Her thoughtful look fell on Erlong and Yuehua. Oh, there were much more than just the two... but Ja Yin was Ah Yin's problem. Xiao Wu and Xiao Bei were simply delightful. Zi Ji... on the other hand, was a troublesome specimen. With what Bibi Dong had gathered, Zi Ji was quite like Firebird Douluo that she had tamed. Firebird followed those who could dominate her utterly while Zi Ji instinctively followed the strongest... not physically, that Bibi Dong realized from Bi Ji.

Zi Ji admired the mentality of the strong. Ja Sun was a brutal beast in everything but his birth origin and had Di Tian not gotten so tame after his defeat, Zi Ji's allegiance wouldn't have shifted so easily.

Violet was interesting in her own right but Bibi Dong was aware that the Lamia practically revered Ja Sun in more ways than one.

She still didn't count Bi Ji in the list of 'troublesome' beings. Bi Ji happened to be an efficient subordinate but she was also usually calm and collected. Her very nature made sure that she didn't give away any obvious signal but maybe it was fate's cruel trick... that Bibi Dong hoped Bi Ji could grow more intimate with them. She was one of the better beings to exist in the spectrum of beasts and humans. Her healing skills were perverse and her reputation with beasts could be considered more solid than Ja Sun itself!

---

While schemes wrought in the mind of cultured women, cultured men were humble and honest. They simply partied hard!

They took turns throwing each other in the pool once they realized that there would be two new babies arriving and Xie Yue was fated to learn swimming today for he was tossed in no small number of times.

Soon, the group simply rested on the lounges with a satisfied expression.

"You know, since my kid is going to be the eldest, he's going to be the one who your kids look up to," Xie Xan warmly ruffled his son's hair who slept soon enough after a fun and tiring day.

"Aren't you older than me but still way worse?" Ja Sun mused while touching his chin.

"Worse?" Xie Xan blinked, "You think your children will be as crazy as you?"

"I can train them to be as crazy," Ja Sun smirked while Oscar blinked owlishly, "Is that even right? I mean... don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for everything you've done for us. That goes without saying... but the mental issues that go behind building a personality like yours is..."

The duo shook their heads while Ja Sun frowned slightly. Indeed. As excited as he's been for a child for some time now... should he start considering how he should actually raise one? This is one of those times when a self-help parenting book would do wonders but Ja Sun doubted that such a book existed in this world...

He could probably earn a lot by writing one but then again... he needed to have read it beforehand which he hadn't.

Ja Sun then glanced at the sleeping Xie Yue. The boy would have his martial soul awakened soon enough...

'Having kids huh... man, it feels fucking surreal...' He felt a bit wry. The responsibility didn't scare him but... it still felt like a dream. All he wished, however, was to do a better job than Teach. Honestly, Teach taught him many things but even Ja Sun wasn't crazy enough to think that he had immaculate parenting skills.

---

With the wedding jolly coming to an end, more quickly for Bibi Dong than others, she began making plans on how to move forward. Now that she had a leg on both sides of the war happening outside of the King's Lair, her task had been simplified by quite a bit and instead of taking her team out, she wanted for them to stay here. With Ja Yin and Ja Sun, their pace of cultivation would be higher than most and Ja Sun's domain also increased comprehension of others.

Not only that, she had better contacts at this point, and instead of occupying their useful time, Bibi Dong wanted them to cultivate hard, just like they did under her teaching back in the day. Well, for everyone except Ah Yin and Jun'er. The two needed to take care of their bodies and this was also one of the reasons why Bibi Dong didn't want her team to leave.

Ja Sun was the strongest force and quite literally a natural disaster but that also made him her trump card that she wouldn't want to easily reveal now that she rivaled a Titled Douluo herself due to her skills. So, he needed to stay here. Forget Giant's Fortress and the other base developed on the blessed land. This King's Lair was an area too lucrative to be left without an intimate controlling factor.

Ah Yin didn't mind spending more time here but she was keen on making regular visits to the Ice and Fire Yin Yang Well. Her cultivation peaked in that location, after all.

If Jun'er cannot enter the war due to her pregnancy then bringing Oscar out and keeping him apart from his wife made no sense as it would only divide his attention.

If the two are already staying here then others may as well and just try and pick up the slack.

Anyway, Bibi Dong had the support of Firebird Douluo and Snow Empress. Given that the expedition to the Northern Extreme had been paused due to her disappearance, Bibi Dong knew she had to plan some changes.

While Bibi Dong wanted to stay and study some rather tough materials to copy onto their Golden Wardrobe Ring... she realized that a chance would present during the expedition itself. Unlike Snow Empress, the Ice Jade Scorpion had a hide too thick... unlike her petite human form and may as well be the first subject. She would send the research material for the remaining group to study and imitate regularly, too... honestly, Bibi Dong just liked teaching at this point.

But before she left, Ja Sun loaned her one of his Evil-Eyed Sage's Third Pupil. This was a divine artifact that had no attacking power but it allowed the user to comprehend their innate attributes at a quicker pace. Of course, this pace was relative. Most beasts take 100000 years to reach a master-level comprehension of their innate attribute and even if talented humans can reduce the time by 100 if not a whopping 1000 times... that didn't make the situation any better due to lower lifespan.

Even Ja Sun who aimed to reach a grandmaster level of comprehension was still nowhere near close... but he knew he would have to finally make use of a few of his rewards to quicken his pace even further.

Bibi Dong left soon enough. She had half the mind to bring Xie Yue away not to annoy Xie Xan or Hu Lana but to start having him schooled... but a brainstorming of 1 minute is all she needed to realize how superfluous that thought is.

She had a deep understanding of Xie Xan. While he was being comforting to his son... he would grow strict soon enough. Xie Xan came from a past... of patricide even if involuntary. Some things simply don't change and if he wants his son to be able to endure the harsh realities of life, Xie Yue's training would soon begin. And with Yuehua present, Bibi Dong felt no worry that his theoretical education would be taken care of well, too.

It was just amazing how worry-free Bibi Dong felt once she realized that her team was reliant enough and would get even more reliant when they have mighty strength...

What was crazier was that Bibi Dong didn't consider Ja Sun and Yin the most reliant... not only them... she herself realized that the three of them did have a few screws loose... not that it mattered at this point.

Of course, she didn't forget to hand out the spirit bones useful to them traded with Ja Sun shortly after the wedding, raising the group's strength comprehensively.

***

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

22