Devouring Dragons (2)
319 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their trip had been extended for a reasonable reason but the trio didn't desire to stay in the sulfur paradise despite Erlong's protest. Truly, the voting of the trio revealed that it was in Ja Sun's and Zi Ji's favor.

Erlong's results were a little far from Xie Xan's because she didn't get any compatible spirit bone prior and almost all the energy from the newly acquired 100000-year-old spirit soul was used to form a spirit core for herself, too. But while Xie Xan had his own fortune, luck did not elude Erlong for she gained a skull bone for her efforts and if anything, Ja Sun was quite pleased with it.

In reality... his stock of 'treasures' at this point was baffling... but admirable. Just the number of top-tier spirit bones and spirit cores he had received while breaking the hell out of the beasts of the King's Lair was worth a decade of missions and that's why he wasn't truly feeling urgent by making his next mission to step into godhood... that's the only power move left for him.

But back to the topic, he did have a skull bone from Zi Ji after he defeated her, and even if not compatible with Erlong, the draconic origin should be enough YET, Ja Sun now fully realized he didn't have humans to please under his belt... literally. There were some spirit beasts, too. Spirit beasts, who happen to do a good job, may just get one of their 'cloned' bones to raise their cultivation massively or their cores themselves.

Ja Sun snickered as he regarded the list of his current inventory with a pleased smirk while Erlong was busy absorbing the spirit bone.

---

Spirit Bones:

3000-year-old Pink Baboon Left Arm

4000-year-old Chattering Mongoose Right Leg Bone

5000-year-old Cruel Jaw Bone

6000-year-old Night Mastiff Right Arm Bone

7000-year-old Wind Lizard Left Leg Bone

7000-year-old Agile Panther Left Leg Bone

8000-year-old Hulk Arm Bone

30000-year-old Torrent Eagle Right Arm Bone

31000-year-old Dusk Gorilla Left Arm Bone

40000-year-old Saint Hell Tiger's Skull Bone

42000-year-old Thunder Scaled Leopard Right Leg Bone

53000-year-old Caged Jelly Right Arm Bone

55000-year-old Horned Ghost Skull Bone

56000-year-old Languid Sloth Right Arm Bone

59000-year-old King Mammoth Left Leg Bone

59000-year-old White-eyed Gu Right Arm Bone

60000-year-old Swirling Ice Beast Left Arm Bone

64000-year-old Might Koi Left Leg Bone

75000-year-old Nine-headed Giant's Left Leg Bone

96000-year-old Dragon Child's Spine

100000-year-old Duskgold Beartaken Torso Bone

300000-year-old Ice Jade Scorpion Stinger External Bone

300000-year-old Sky Tiger Torso Bone

350000-year-old Abyss Demon Dragon Skull Bone

400000-year-old Duskgold Terrorclaw External Claw Bone

600000-year-old Heavenly Snow Maiden Right Leg Bone

1000000-year-old Skydream Iceworm Left Leg Bone.

1000000-year-old Deep Sea Demonic Whale Torso Bone

Lightning Dolphin Core

Duskgold Terrorclaw Bear Core

Silver Pheasant Core

Raging Torrent Bull Core

Myriad Deviltree Core

Raving Owl Core

The Dragon's Mind Core

The Death Poison Core

Emerald Swan Monarch Core

Black Dragon Spatial Core

Black Dragon Darkness Core

A chunk of Life Gold

Evil-Eyed Sage's Third Pupil

Evil Space Records

The Lightning Dragon's Ascension Manual

The Divine Grace Array

The Rakshasa Soul Devouring Technique.

Poor men clothes

Rich men's clothes (Dai Taiyin and others)

Bibi Dong Ah Yin clothes

Gold>>Diamond Essence Gold

Stalks of Immortal Herbs

Black Dragon Sword half-broken

Asura Sword

Zi Ji's Reverse Scale

Di Tian's Reverse Scale

---

First, Ja Sun decided against even offering the other Dragon's Child Spine to Bibi Dong. Without a surge of divine energy to burn permanently, there was no way to increase the cultivation of spirit bones and at most, she could get her own torso bone to 99999 years wasting the remaining cultivation of the bone itself...

Ja Sun felt giddy. God or not, he was certainly as rich as one. Too rich! But Ja Sun knew the truth of the world— You can never be too rich!

These spirit bones, these spirit cores, they just may have their use for himself, Ja Sun had no doubt. For instance, he could attach the external tail bone of the Ice Jade Scorpion but he waited about this. Maybe he could get his hand on a better scorpion tail? Or any other tail for that matter. This certainly won't be his first external bone since he had two others already. The same was about the external claw bone, too... admittedly, Ja Sun had too many offensive moves already. But he wasn't about to give such a treasure out just because it was useless to him. The profession of piracy would have been long lost if people actually thought with such generosity.

But he did keep a few cores... in wait. He did want these cores to be assigned to his friends in due time and if they can't have an equal exchange, Ja Sun will just have to resort to other forms of payments... he certainly did enjoy it when he gave them the golden wardrobe rings.

On a more important note... Ja Sun still had his torso and right bone slot left and for his torso bone, he did consider the 300000-year-old Sky Tiger Torso Bone but fully knowing that he would at least have to hunt three spirit souls for his second martial soul, Ja Sun felt that the remaining two slots could have evil-attributed bones now that he knew that all evil attributes were different in a more technical sense and even if they didn't conform to his own numbing Evil Attribute, Ja Sun had yet to come across an evil attribute NOT good.

Bibi Dong can devour soul origins without any array through her attribute and could manipulate and stagnate the soul origin of her opponents and even attack it with good spirit rings which made her second martial soul a beast far more dangerous than the Death Spider Emperor.

Ja Yin was even more troublesome with her Destiny attribute as she could be considered untouchable under the right circumstances... meanwhile his own... was kind of fucked up, too. It was as if he was made to anger the gods and Qian Xunji really screwed the pooch by not killing him off back then.

He sighed and shook his head. A Torso bone, a right leg bone... and two more external bones just waiting to be devoured. Oh, giddy!

That's why Ja Sun never really felt concerned about his cultivation even if he didn't hunt another three spirit souls... you can never be too rich!

"So? Did you decide what you want?" Ja Sun smiled at the woman looking more and more pleasant in his eyes as she glanced at Erlong who had a concentrated expression as the metal three-horned helmet floated in front of her. Xie Xan had already told Erlong to keep the corpse of the beast and its core to herself as it could be useful later... damn him, Ja Sun thought. He could have easily swindled Erlong to not care for the impressive corpse and core otherwise.

"You would do anything I ask?" Zi Ji questioned again.

"As long as it's within reason, why not? It could be fun," Ja Sun smirked knowingly. Just because he wasn't raring to have deformed critters didn't mean he wasn't eager... to try new things. Averting her gaze from his, realizing that her thoughts were mostly known, Zi Ji felt her cheeks heat up. Damn human body, she thought. Her dragon form even if embarrassed wouldn't have such external reactions. But... as she snuck a glance at Ja Sun who was still... fully checking her out with a curious expression, she realized that these reactions may just entail another story itself.

"My dragon body is far impressive..." she complained mutedly while mechanically sitting next to Ja Sun, not really knowing what to expect.

"Oh, I believe you. Everything is bigger in that form," Ja Sun quipped, "Your scales, your mouth, your wings, and your tail. But I have a question about dragons..."

Curious, she looked at him, "What?"

Ever since Ja Sun beat Di Tian... he realized that his repository for insults when it came to long legendary beasts was... pathetically small. He wanted dirt on them so he smiled, "What kind of bonds do dragons experience? I know that a few rare dragons show human sentience before becoming a 100000-year-old beast so do... you guys feel attached to your mothers? How does a dragon take care of younglings? Oh, do female dragons milk and if they do... are your udders covered by your scales?"

At first, Zi Ji listened patiently but by the end of it, she was a beet red mess as she exclaimed in a shriek, "What? No! We don't MILK!"

"Oh..." Needless to say, Ja Sun's disappointment was immeasurable and his day was ruined so much so that it reflected on his face but Zi Ji wouldn't falter and give in to this new... strange expression that tugged on the strings of her heart and mind as she snorted coldly, "But... I can tell you that a dragon is supposed to take care of the younglings until their first hunt. Not that I would know... I grew alone..."

And as a two-time orphan, Ja Sun wasn't about to feel bad for another one. What? No mom and dad? Well sucks to be you... and me...

"Well, you grew up just fine. Better than fine..."

"I can barely fight you," Zi Ji frowned and scoffed. It wasn't hard for her to open up. If it was, she and Bi Ji wouldn't be sisters in the first place and Xiao Bei still wouldn't be cooking carrot stew for Zi Ji fully knowing she would appear despite her grumbles. Well, Xiao Bei did throw Zi Ji a bone by adding meat to her carrot dumplings so it could be that, too.

"Well, it's just wrong to compare yourself to me," Ja Sun snickered, "I beat the shit out of the entire lot of you. I mean, you grumbling about matching me would just be considered pure arrogance to others who lost."

"So?" Zi Ji smirked, raising her dark purple brows. She was plenty arrogant.

Ja Sun shrugged and then things fell silent.

"I want to mate..." Zi Ji stated after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"That was quick. I thought I would have to... flirt? Not that my game isn't godly enough." He laughed at his pun internally as Zi Ji looked confused and noted, "Why would we need that? I'm not Bi Ji or someone else... if anything, I admire Ja Yin more because of her... straightforwa—"

"Oh, come on, SHE is a bitch in heat!" Ja Sun scoffed, still annoyed at how close he was to falling into the dark side but that didn't matter now.

Zi Ji smirked. Ja Sun rarely revealed a distressed expression but she wanted to finalize the deal and raised her voice with a hint of anticipation. "So?"

Once again, she was fully ready to have her advance rejected... like the time with Di Tian but it was obvious that Ja Sun wasn't about to NOT reward Zi Ji when it took... nothing from him and he smiled, "How about tonight? But we're clear about the limits, yeah?"

Zi Ji nodded with a smile. An eager one, "I could have had eggs long ago if I wanted but Bi Ji... was clearly a bad influence on me for this, filling me with ideas to only have eggs with a special someone... tch, but I haven't felt the need to lay one ever since I became a 100000-year-old beast."

"Wait, what?" Ja Sun blinked and then held his chin with his thumb, mumbling, "Of course... why didn't I think of that. All the 100000-year-old beasts and above grow resistant to these urges and even that Golden Goblin got his tubby preferences... amazing, fucking hell! The rules of the world just wouldn't stand for a true beast. If they won't turn into humans, at least, they will get a similar mindset... wait, kukukuku... if Ja Yin becomes a 100000-year-old beast... hehe, I'll be free~! I could—"

His despicable monologue, however, came to a stunned stop when Zi Ji leaned down and gently pecked his cheek before whispering, "I saw... Wu and others peck you like this many times... did I do good?"

Ja Sun slowly turned to face her. Her dark purple eyes sparkled with nervousness, her lower lip bitten and her cheeks blushing furiously as Zi Ji was all too aware of what she was trying to do. It just felt too... strange and giddy at the same time to actually get in HIS range as she waited, still not pulling back.

Seeing his slightly stunned expression, Zi Ji figured... something could be wrong?

"Good?" Ja Sun questioned dumbly and she winced but he would be the worst kind of fool to let her stew in her misunderstanding as he grinned the next second, "You just had me more excited for tonight!"

"Ah... hmm, well, of course," Zi Ji nodded with a proud smirk. She was a dragon, after all, and Ja Sun realized that more than a few happened to be just on the cuter end of the spectrum if their murder-happy tendencies can be overlooked... not that he was any better himself.

***

Shoutout to Alberto Cervantes, terrance smith, Michael Behrens, and Pokolok for patron support!!

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

16