A Fool of Blood; The Courage Under Heaven (2)
252 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Rraaaaghhhhh!" With another guttural growl, Xunji pounced at the blood-red silhouette whose chirps continued peacefully and calmly while the blood-red world itself began slowly losing its luster as the external figure surely absorbed the origin. Outside, the white silhouette had one of its arms dyed red as it continued. While there were a few who had the same idea as Ja Sun to peruse through hundreds of corpses... a terrifying intent from the only remaining blanket of cloud overhead pinned everyone but a figure clad in a violent purple glow who rolled her eyes as she felt this familiar 'intent' ogle her ass and caress her cheeks instead.

"Unravel me... Unravel me... Unravel me..." The voice of the silhouette within Xunji's core started soft but soon, with the visible loss of bloody 'glimmer' in this world, and in the outside world, with one of Xunji's wings suddenly growing grey and falling off of his back, the voice within him grew in volume.

"Unravel me... Unravel me... UNRAVEL ME..."

"Ugghhhh!"

Xunji felt as if he'd been stabbed and torn from within as he collapsed on his knees. He 'knew' what must be done... but he couldn't. It was out of 'his' league as his wings began to disintegrate within the world of Soul Origin while the world itself began to grow duller and duller.

Others may not have any means of noticing what was going on within him, but when the second wing fell, too, they understood that things were bad. Many elders of the spirit hall clenched their fists. Some cheered inwardly while Bibi Dong frowned. She felt complicated and knew that the only way to sort things is by confronting the man. But the reason why she frowned was that... the malevolent scythe within her continued to let out a sharp and keen noise.

Things weren't over.

While Bibi Dong hadn't started her God Trials yet, she knew who or what Rakshasa was. It was a wave of instinctual knowledge really that made Bibi Dong feel that she really was the perfect successor given the... similarity in their skills. Rakshasa slaughtered others for soul origin... and as the weapon used for such slaughter, the Scythe within her itself... could feel something 'Still' alive within Xunji whose vitality was being drained from its core.

Ja Sun had to, for a second, shift his attention from the law of blood being 'taken' from Xunji and focus ON Xunji itself as he found... Xunji's mangled facial region twitch for a second.

---

"UNRAVEL ME..."

Qian Xunji clutched his ears as the voice 'physically' pierced him. But at this time, a soft, gentle tone boomed within this world.

"I shall, of course. How else will I ever take the path I wish to tread and reach the destination I desire?"

'Qian Xunji's' eyes snapped open as the Blood-Red silhouette grew silent. The fallen Xunji looked up to find... a Qian Xunji.

However, unlike one of his knees, this Xunji despite looking the same with a wave of dull red hair, beady red eyes with his right face mangled, looked extraordinarily calm without any extraordinary craze present in him.

"Y-You! How could you be alive?! I—" Xunji gasped while the one standing with his hand behind his back and his untattered wings folded neatly looked at the Blood-Red silhouette and whispered, "Extraordinary... who would have expected that... laws can be translated to a language. I shall unravel you... that I vow. In time."

Saying this, Qian Xunji looked at the fallen one with his eyes narrowing further, not the least bit revolted how the large scar had not been filled with such pus, "You really are a piece of work, Redstar. Where even... ah, I don't even remember the name of your master, who enslaved you and raped the woman you came to desire every night. She died. He did, too. Yet... the 'unremarkable' you still persist. Life is so strange this way."

Walking over to 'Redstar' who still looked like Xunji as he growled, Qian Xunji hummed and looked around, "I can sense your confusion. THIS wasn't my plan. I planned to fully absorb you, reject my previous bloodline and become better... but I underestimated you. Redstar cannot be killed. Every time he is killed... he comes back stronger. That's the value of his martial soul. That's why you were enslaved. That man envied your strength."

"Shut up! You're no better than him!" Redstar roared, "You're an equal scum! You were there to torment the mother of your disciple just as much as her father was!"

Tilting his head, Qian Xunji nodded, "Indeed. But I suppose... I can tell you the truth. Unlike your previous master whom I shared women with... You and I actually share a body. Listen well, Redstar. I had no interest in Bibi Dong's mother. She was utterly devoid of every value... except one— Gaining the trust of Bibi Dong's father. Every time I raped her, I did it with the purpose of not satisfying my needs. I had to take medications to even desire her for barely a moment. My desire... was the 100000-year-old bone I'd get by killing the man."

Redstar's body shuddered as Xunji seemed keen on his thoughts as his smirk grew devilish, "How does it feel? I know Bibi Dong's mother held emotions for you, too... So, how does it feel to love a being... a concept so mortal that it was easy to destroy and you, alongside her?"

Redstar looked on in a daze. The world around them was still losing its color. But Qian Xunji seemed more interested in Redstar as the man's lips quivered and he whispered, "None... of this is real... I devoured you instead..."

"You're a fool," Qian Xunji shook his head and touched the mangled side of his face, "Qian Xunji learns from his mistake. He holds grudges but can set them aside to attain his ambitions. As long as this scar... as long as this mark of shame remains, so will Xunji. Indeed, you devoured me... my soul origin, but not what makes me.

It was a risk, really.

But I would rather die than not take this risk and achieve what I desire.

No mortal means can ever... kill you. I tried, and I failed. You still exist... stronger yet weaker than ever. You sought to corrupt me but you're the one who got corrupted. Redstar...

You're the sin that will be absolved for you lost.

I'm the courage that shall be continuing on... for this is my victory.

I wonder, if you will still survive this divine process... and, I will know just how much you've corrupted my disciple later on."

"You stay away from her—" Redstar roared yet a bloody glow erupted from Xunji, "This is a test in itself," the man uttered, "The Heaven's will shall take that it granted you for choosing to defy its will, in return, it also presents an opportunity to relieve itself of the burden over one aspect of reality... interesting, heaven is indeed fair. Even now, it presents opportunities and information."

"Heaven was never fair!" Redstar roared while he and Xunji grew more and more 'grey'.

"No, it always has been," Xunji asserted, his lips curling further into a wider smile, "As I said, you've always been a fool who could never match the potential expected of you. And now, you pathetically see me, of all people, raise the child from the woman you loved. What a pity..."

Redstar felt a tug. His body froze and he looked back to find the blood-red silhouette that hadn't moved until now reaching out to grab his shoulder.

"You failed to unravel me... YOUR tribulation ends now." The ethereal voice declared softly.

The next second, before Redstar could even let out a blood-curdling scream, his figure was 'devoured' into the silhouette as it sat down once again, this time, 'looking' at Xunji and whispering, "Unravel me..."

---

"What the..." Qian Daoliu clenched his fist slightly, losing his composure only for a second as half of Qian Xunji disappeared into dust with his organs now visible to all... bisected from the center yet... alive. It was a grotesque sight as multiple maggots cut in half crawled out, twisting their bodies and digging further into Xunji's body. Yet, all Titled Douluo present were of mind strong and resolute. This could not make them look away.

Qian Xunji's non-mangled half was gone.

But Qian Daoliu's breathing sped and Ja Sun's eyes grew in splendor. Why?

His clone was done with plunder and earned 3 Spirit Bones while his Tyrant Eye spirit soul grew from 700000+ to 860000... and...

"He succeeded..." Ja Sun sighed in reluctance as the heavenly will given form suddenly grew blindingly bright to stop any sights upon the scene yet it failed. Ja Sun's eyes felt a prickly sensation after such a long time but he saw Qian Xunji's eye turn over to him before the heavenly will covered Xunji, regrowing the man once again as Ja Sun 'saw' the lost spirit bones on Xunji 'forming.'

Yet... Ja Sun didn't need any other indicator that Ka-ul's jig was up and while others had to cover their eyes, Ja Sun winked at Xunji before the man got silently 'transported' to a world between places as the Heavenly Will itself was the fissures in the space contained together. It was the door meant for Xunji... should he succeed. That's why the silhouette was similar to Xunji.

In a blink of an eye, everything returned to normalcy but Ja Sun stretched his arm while his eyes recovered. Not giving Daoliu a chance to question, Ja Sun remarked, "Qian Xunji managed to... unravel heavenly secrets. Now, he will be tested if his mind and body can bear it. Before that, he will be tested if he even has enough 'equipment' to form his divine armament. He's in a world where time and space do not conform to the will of the mortal realm... or the one above. Hmm, give or take five seconds..."

Ja Sun narrowed his eyes. A flicker of excitement... that only burned the brightest the moment before he defeated Di Tian now began to slowly burn in all three of his eyes as his divine intent exploded, "Aye, all beasts. Do me a favor... shift your clans to King's Lair if you desire to live. Or whatever. Not like I'm interested in hunting you..."

Turning to look at Snow who was still in a daze with everything that had happened, his gaze grew pointed as he directed his index towards the sky. As if waiting for this very moment, the vast blue sky that had regained its calm for a second suddenly grew blood red.

"But he will be interested..." Ja Sun chuckled out loud as every beast's expressions changed, including Di Tian. The hair on their bodies stood to their ends as their very souls screamed in danger. Not needing another announcement, surprisingly, the proud and calm snow was the quickest to disappear, then Di Tian.

Others quickly left as every Titled Douluo including many beasts except for Bibi Dong, Qian Daoliu, and Ja Sun fell to their knees.

A titanic pair of arms made entirely of blood ripped open the sky as a figure slowly descended.

And all 'it' needed was a word to make most despair, "Stay."

***

Psst, hey, wanna join the dark side? If yes, follow the path of your seniors!—

CovertSytherin and Jonathan Dubreuil!!

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

14