[ Arc 02 ][ 007 ] The Damages
78 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Plan?” Lucia asked, looking confused, but her student looked away as someone asked him a question.

“Is she really… the daughter of Sir Matthew Hartford?”

“Yes, she is!” Alex replied firmly with a confident smile. “If you are doubtful, feel free to go ask him for confirmation if his daughter and companions were assaulted by some goons!”

He issued a challenge to everyone, causing them to flinch and become very nervous. They all knew that Matthew Hartford is a member of the council and must be treated with great respect. It was also the fear of what the council might do to them, which resulted in an equal measure of fear for them.

Alex turned to Luna and asked, “Are you okay, Luna? Are you hurt anywhere?”

“No, Al,” she said as she walked over to stand next to him.

He smiled at her and rubbed her head by saying, “That’s great,” to which she smiled happily at her hair being rubbed gently by him. Then he turned to the bar tender and asked, “I am sorry for the damages done to this place. We will fully compensate you and have these bastards arrested!”

“Oh~!” Reacted everyone with surprise and awe by the power in which he spoke for a kid.

Lucia quickly knelt down next to her student and asked, “Al, how are we going to pay for the damages? You’re not thinking of using the money my father gave me?”

He shook his head and said, “No, miss. That’s our travel expenses.”

“Then?”

“I have an alternative,” he assured her and turned back to the bar tender and asked, “Can you please get us a paper and pen?”

“Uh. Sure,” he replied and quickly went away before returning with the requested items.

“Thank you,” said Alex courteously upon seeing them. Then he indicated at his teacher and said, “Please give them to her and explain your grievances with these goons so she lets her father know.”

“Huh?!” Lucia and the others exclaimed in alarm at his wild intentions.

“Alex!” Lucia quickly asked her student with worry. “We can’t do this!”

“Why not, miss?” Alex asked back without hesitation.

“I mean… well…” she began weakly before saying, “It’s be pretty rude to disturb my father since he’ll be very busy with his current work.”

“Are you saying that one of the council members would not be able to solve this trivial matter, miss?” Alex asked back coolly. “Or are you saying he’s too busy to care to solve his people’s problems?”

“Ah?! No! Of course not!” Lucia said quickly, and glanced around nervously at the watching people. “It’s just that… well…”

She was struggling for words, which her student took opportunity to say, “Then we have no issue in sending him a written report from you explaining the details of the problem we faced today.” Then he nudged her on the side and said, “Come on, miss. Please do this for me.”

Lucia continued to hesitate and Luna came to her as well and said, “Please, miss. Do it for Alex and me as well. Pretty please.”

The older girl finally gave in at the beseeching looks from the two youngsters and said, “Alright. Let’s do this!” She turned back to the bar tender and asked, “Please tell me what’s your problem, and I’ll it down to be sent to my father.”

This took a few minutes for her to write down the issue, the names of the people involved, and explanation to what happened on that day. Once she was done, she set the pen down and tapped the paper with her hand while muttering magic words.

“Messenger. Deliver to my father, Matthew Hartford.”

In an instant, the paper began to glow before it transformed into a small bird. It nodded at its caster in acceptance of the mission before flapping its wings and flying out through the entrance and disappeared into the air.

“Alright. That should settle things now,” said Lucia with a smile.

Just then, her hands were gripped firmly by the bar tender, who had tears streaming down his face. He began thanking her very much for all that she had done for them. Even his family joined in thanking her for being so supportive of them when they thought no help would come.

Lucia was clearly moved by their expression and said, “It’s alright. Really. I didn’t do much at all. It’s these young ones that did anything to help you with your situation,” and indicated Alex and Luna.

“Thank you, you two! We are forever indebted to you!” They thanked them sincerely.

“It’s our pleasure,” replied Alex with a smile.

“Please be happy,” Luna requested them with a smile while patting their hands.

A moment later, Lucia used her magic to bind the assailants by casting “Bind” magic, which made the destroyed floorboards to come together and wrap themselves around them. This way, these thugs would not be able to escape once the law enforcement people arrive to take them into custody.

A few minutes later, it was time for them to leave, and they bid the family and everyone else farewell. This was not before the owner and his family gave them a pair of food that they could take with them as a form of gratitude for their help in taking care of this problem.

“Have a safe journey!” They called after them as the three walked away, who turned and waved back happily.

“They are a good family,” remarked Alex happily.

“They sure are,” agreed Lucia with a smile of satisfaction.

“They will be happy from now on, right?” Luna asked them curiously.

“They will, Luna. You should feel proud of yourself!” Alex said, and his childhood crush grinned happily.

Lucia smiled at them before she frowned and said to her student, “Alex, I am not happy with you.”

“Why, miss?” He asked her in surprise.

“You made me reveal my identity and even used my father to get out of that situation without us having to pay for any of the damages,” she complained with a sad face.

Her expression made him laugh and say, “Miss, you are silly. Besides, it was your fault for using magic at that place, which gave away your high status.”

“I know,” she lamented in dejection. “I know that, but… but still… I was trying to be independent…”

She finished weakly while her student laughed just as Luna moved to hug her childhood love’s arm with a cute smile on her face as they towards where the carriage was parked.

6