Syr Flova, Ryuu Lion and Status Update
3.8k 7 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Ryuu left, Nox started to go through the menu. He didn't like seafood and vegetables much so he eventually decided on a nice steak with some rice and mug of ale to wash it down but just as he was about to call Ryuu, another waitress approached him.

"Hello! Welcome to the Hostess of Fertility!" Syr said in a bright voice with a cute smile gracing her face.

"Ah, thank you! But I'm already being attended by one of your colleagues!" Said Nox.

"I know, I know! I just wanted to talk, that's all!" Replied Syr.

'Damn, something about her is bothering me . . . Like I'm forgetting something important from the light novels. I forgot a lot of the details but this was something pretty big . . .' But even as he tried refreshing his memories, Nox still continued the conversation.

"Won't you get in trouble with your employer though?"

"Hehe! Let me worry about that!" Said Syr with a mischievous laughter.

"Suit yourself!" Nox gave up.

Nox and Syr started talking about nothing and everything and she managed to somehow convince him to agree to pass by every morning before going to the dungeon. Truly a cunning witch, she excused herself afterwards and as if waiting for that precise moment, Ryu came to take his order.

"Can I take your order Lyros-san?" She asked.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting Ryuu-san!" Nox apologized.

"I don't mind . . ." Ryuu trailed off but in a slightly better mood or at least that's what it seemed to Nox.

"Well as long as you don't mind . . . I would hate to earn your displeasure right after our first meeting!" He continued.

"Don't worry Lyros-san. So far, you have been great." Replied Ryuu, Nox could see a slight blush and it seemed the calm elf had surprised even herself with that statement.

"Well . . . Thank you! I'll have this steak with some rice and a mug ale, please!" Nox gave her an excuse to leave and she took it.

"Right away!"

A little while later, Ryuu was back and sat down after she served Nox his food.

"I would love the company but won't you get in trouble Ryuu-san?" Nox asked with a curious face.

'Call all the waitresses in this establishment take breaks whenever they please!?' He thought.

"Mama Mia said she would lend you my company so you should spend some more money." Ryuu explained.

"Ah, I see! And here I thought Ryuu-san just enjoyed my company . . ." Said Nox with a bit of mock sadness which Ryuu bought.

"Ah, no, I-I do enjoy your company Lyros-san!" Said Ryuu a slight bit flustered.

"Well, I love your company as well Ryuu-san" Nox said with a bright smile as if the previous sadness as all a lie (because it was), making Ryuu blush again.

'To be honest. Ryuu-san is totally my type! I'd say I made some good progress today!' Though Nox as he started to eat his meal as he conversed with Ryuu.

By the time he left, he had bought a couple more dishes for the two of them pleasing Mama Mia and had gotten a fair bit closer to Ryuu.

As he walked back to the Twilight Manor a bit tipsy he suddenly remembered.

"Shit!" He said out loud before sinking into his thoughts. 'Volume 16 of the Light Novel . . . Syr and Freya are the same person, goddess whatever! It just means she's got her eye on me, nothing more'

'And since I'm part of the Loki Familia she can't mess with me as much, I just have to play it cool . . . I still don't have much to worry about. Just got to get stronger, that's it.'

'Once I'm at the peak, above the entire Freya Familia, she won't be able to do anything since gods are not allowed to use their Arcanum . . .'

As Nox got caught up in his inner monologue, his body carried him towards the Twilight Manor all the same.

'First things first! Let's get Loki to update my status! Maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise to wipe away my worries.'

After some complaining, Loki finally agreed to update his status. This was the problem of belonging to a big familia. The god or goddess won't always have the time nor the patience to update your status.

Loki was a bit displeased at the boy's insistence but since he had his first foray into the dungeon, she decided to humor him.

'Heh! Even with that exceed skill of his the ability numbers shouldn't be much higher considering he had barely stepped into the dungeon yet but if I do this not only will I earn his good will but he won't bother me as often so it's killing two birds with one stone !'

Or so Loki thought but as soon as she checked the numbers, she realized CommonSense.exe had stopped working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Nox Lyros

Race: High Human

Gender: Male

Level: 1

Abilities:

STR: I-0 -> H-189

END: I-0 -> H-101

DEX: I-0 -> G-202

AGI: I-0 -> H-191

MAG: I-0 -> F-346

Magic (4 slots):

Item Box: Interdimensional storage. Different effects based on chant.

                "Open": Creates a portal to the storage near the user. Size is based on mind usage.

                "Close": Close the portals created by "Open".

                "Set": Change storage setting such as size, timeflow and subdivisions.

                "Create": Create new interdimensional storage space.

Mind Pulse: Omnidirectional wave of Mind that propagates from the user allowing them to perceive anything it touches.

Mind Cycle: Enhance all physical attributes through the use of Mind.

Mind Boon: Enhance equipment through the infusion of Mind.

Skills:

Polymath: Greatly increases effectiveness and growth rate of Development Abilities. Lowers the requirements for obtaining Development Abilities. Any Development Abilities whose requirements are met, are unlocked on rank-up.

Arcana: Drastically improves any magic related activity. Records all spells and curses the user perceives and allows the user to modify them or create new spells based on the principles learned from them. Creates magic circles independent of the mage Development Ability that substitute most chant requirements. The user can meditate to choose which spells to put in his magic slots. Grants one extra spell slot per level.

Exceed: Removes the limit of any aspect of the user's abilities and skills. Greatly increases excelia gain from all actions. Immune to mental effects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Calling this brat a demon is doing him an injustice! This kind of growth is straight up impossible! The only reason I can possibly think of is that his phenomenal growth rate as a high human is resonating with that Exceed skill of his and boosting his growth speed by an incalculable amount!'

Loki quickly recorded his status into a sheet and showed it to him. Seeing his lack of surprise she went on a long tirade of explanation about how impossible he was but as the author I'll save from reading that and continue with the story.

Long story short, Loki had decided to update his status after every single time he went into the dungeon so she could closely monitor his progress. Meanwhile this was to be kept a secret at least for now.

"So, How deep did ya get?" Loki asked now more relaxed.

"Just the sixth." Nox replied casually. "With this new status I might go a bit further though." He added.

"Sixth!? In your first dive and all by yerself!?" Loki questioned.

"Relax Loki! I discussed my abilities with my advisor and with a bit of convincing she realized I had the skills to go that deep and to prove so, it all went moderately well."

"Fine, fine whatever! Ya don't seem like a dumb guy anyway so I'll take yer word fer it! But don't leave tomorrow 'cause we have to set up your training routine, okey?" Loki commanded.

"No prob! I'll see you tomorrow Loki, good night!" Said Nox

"Yeah, g'night!" Loki replied.

Back in room, Nox started to meditate. After the status update, not only had his Mind pool became larger and of higher quality, it also allowed him to more easily control it. With these newfound abilities, Nox set about to improve his most precious spell, Mind Cycle.

This spell was not only low cost but its power could be easily adjusted and provided a very thorough all around boost to his abilities. Before starting to change it, Nox used it while focusing on himself and what the spell changed and as he sat with extreme focus he noticed something shocking he hadn't before.

Although it was barely noticeable, Mind Cycle was very slowly improving his basic abilities. This meant that after he stops using it his abilities remain just a little bit higher than before. The longer the period of time he used it and the more power he out into it, the more noticeable the effects were but they were so small they didn't even matter.

Still, it showed Nox it was possible to permanently strengthen himself independently of the falna. Excited, he got right to work, seeing the flow of Mind within the bodies of the new monsters that he faced today gave Nox some ideas on how to improve the spell.

Instead of merely trying to flow the mana around his body, Nox tried to establish a circulatory system. At first, the only result was excruciating pain but after a while he started to get the hang of it and created a brand new spell.

As he increased his Mind output what appeared to be violet glowing veins started to appear under his skin but as he tried to further increase the output, Nox began bleeding from his nose, eyes, ears, his skin started to crack his brain was overwhelmed by his enhanced senses excruciating pain and he was forced to stop the spell.

'Well, there seems to still be things to improve upon but I think I'm on the right track!' Nox thought to himself but then he noticed something once more.

His body was healing and his Mind was also being recovered.

"What the hell!?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Kage of Kages, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

110