Return to the Surface and Surprise
1.2k 8 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Sorry everyone, this one came out a little short but I really wanted to end it where I did.

*

After a the very long fall, the group who had long reached terminal velocity crashed onto the ground with force, ready to take the fight to the damned flying red lizards . . .

The moment they impacted the ground, Finn, Bete, Gareth, Ais and the Hiryute Sisters scattered before a barrage of fiery breaths hit Nox flare shield, guarding Anakitty, Alicia and Riveria as the last one chanted for a wide area annihilation spell.

The moment the barrage stopped, the former two jumped out to join the fight as well before the next barrage hit, once again stopped by Nox's Flare Shield. By now though, most of the Valgang Dragon's were distracted so he didn't have to be as guarded.

Still, Nox stood by his role as Riveria's guardian, protecting her as she chanted her magic to finish of the remaining enemies and the others steadily reduced their numbers.

Meanwhile, the others were hard at work.

Finn dashed around with superior agility while killing the Valgang Dragons with precise thrusts of his high ranked spear.

Gareth on the other hand, just charged at the monsters, tanking their attacks and finishing them with a single mighty swing of his axe.

Bete was probably the third fastest after Finn and Ais, mercilessly kicking around the Valgand Dragons in his way. Nox still thought fighting without a weapon was stupid but Bete was quite strong anyway.

Tiona was swinging around her enormous twinblade, nicknamed Urga. With her massive weapon she sun around the battlefield like a storm of steel, chopping up the Valgang Dragons.

Her sister Tione was more technical though. Precise cuts and slashes with her paired kukri knives on the monsters' weak spots was the name of the game for her. She also had a few sets of knives so she could also use them as throwing weapons.

Anakitty and Alicia were teaming up. Aki distracted the Valgang Dragons with agile movements and slashes while Alicia dispatched them with magic enchanted arrows.

Finally there was Ais. Truth be told, even Nox felt she was a sight to watch. Her fighting style was a ferocious dance, a raging storm, beautiful and terrifying but above all mesmerizing.

She used her Wind Spirit Magic, Ariel to boost herself while cutting down the dragon's like wheat with her sword, Desperate.

So enough though, the sing to retreat came, Riveria took her time to use the skills and spell Nox had given her to chant and extra long chant for her spel.

"Rea Laevatein!" Riveria finished her chant with the spell's name.

Red, fire like lines spread across the bottom of the Dragon's Vase and from them countless pillars of flame erupted.

The Valgand Dragons were resistant to fire but it didn't matter, their end was swift as Riveria's flames swept the whole floor in their merciless wrath.

Their expedition more or less taken care of, the group started their return to the surface, wiping the monsters of the Dragon's Vase as they made their way up, stopping by the fortress to rest and recover their spent energy in such a great environment which was a true pleasure, one they previously could not afford.

Nox returned with them and watched with pleasure as the news of his fortified town spread through Orario like wildfire but as a consequence, a truly big fish decided to go down to see said fortress. The Freya Familia.

Allen Fromel, Hogni Ragnar, Hedin Selland and the four Gulliver Brothers were going to check it out. Otar for some reason was staying behind which was a boon to be sure. Handling three Level 6s and four Level 5s would already be tough for Nox.

He had already called his Blood Dragon Aspect to Join his Spirit Aspect in the Fortress' defence just to be sure and he was glad he spent most of his time lately grinding his stats.

*

Name: Nox Lyros

Race: Lesser Archon

Gender: Male

Level: 5

Abilities:

STR: SSS-9999

END: SSS-9999

DEX: SSS-9999

AGI: SSS-9999

MAG: SSS-9999

Luck: SSS-9999

Archmage: A

Craftmaster: S

Martial Lord: C -> B

Perfect Body: EX

Unbreakable Bulwark: D -> C

Irresistible Force: D -> C

Genocider: B

Tamer: B

Sexual Arts: H -> G

Magic Eye: I -> H

Magic:

. . .

Skills:

. . .

*

Yes that was right.

With the might of the Philosopher's Stone behind him, Nox had raised his stats by crazy amounts but he had hit a wall, just force feeding Excelia into his Falna was not working anymore.

A feat, he needed a great feat to raise his level . . .

It seemed like Nox's falna had gotten used to his ridiculous feats of prowess and was requiring something more for him to Level Up.

And those were just his Human Aspect's Stats. Although not measured by the same numbers, his other two aspects were considerably more powerful if one did not take Equipment into account.

Nox's thoughts went back to the Freya Familia Expedition.

They could be the great battle to prompt a Level Up. So long as they crossed a line, Nox would show them no mercy.

With his Earthly Aspect, the Blood Dragon serving as a powerful tank and his Heavenly Aspect, the Spirit providing powerful magical support. Nox was fully confident on taking down a Freya Familia party without Ottar in the mix.

Moving on though, while his Earthly and Heavenly Aspects readied themselves to defend the city from the Freya Familia if need be, Nox's Human Aspect went to visit Hestia and see if she had indeed recruited the so called prospect she was looking into, and they were if that was the case.

What was waiting for him there though, was something he never would have expected . . .

"Hello Nox-san! I'm the first member of the Hestia Familia. My name is Bella Cranel!"

A red eyed, white haired little beauty with a modest but curvy enough figure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

42