Hunt For Evilus IV
253 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'How could I have have read something about Danmachi that was not a part of the story in my previous life? I did not read any Danmachi fanfics so it can't be that . . .' Nox felt closer to the truth than ever but it still eluded him.

Never had he faced this kind of an impasse before in his second life. Despite the danger he had faced, this kind of block was something he had never hit since his reincarnation.

Unfortunately, he couldn't really figure it out so he came up with an alternative solution.

'After Revis is forced to escape, either by the intervention of others or mine, I'll stealthily capture her and have Ryuu take a look to see if there's really a connection.' Nox decided and as such, swept the matter from his mind, re concentrating on his stalker activities.

He sent out a periodical pulse of magic to see if any familiar faces showed up and, lo and behold, show they did.

An identical party to the one from the original series showed itself. Ais, Riveria, Lefiya, Tiona, Tione and Finn.

Nox had not gone all out with his pulses so as he moved around, there were large areas of the floor outside his range. By the time he noticed his fellow familia members, it was clear that they had already come across the murder scene and were looking for the culprit.

'It is now clear that some force, probably fate or some sort, is influencing events and, if I do not cause too much interference in a particular matter, be it by accident or design, the course of events will move to "correct" itself back to its original state, at least to some extent.' Nox concluded.

Revis, being quite competent and efficient, had already tracked Lulune and was now in the process of trying to get her isolate enough to strike without putting the whole floor after her.

A distraction was already set up in the form of several Violas, the giant, snake like plant monsters, hiding underground beneath Rivira to draw the attention of most adventurers when the red haired creature started her attack.

All she had to do now, was to use some clever spooking tactics to frighten Lulune into leaving the relative safety of Rivira.

As soon as she went far enough, Revis could then attack her without too much worry since attention would be on the Violas.

Things were going very well, with the mere sight of Revis walking around in Hashana's gear and wearing his face being more than enough to nearly shock the already frightened Lulune to death, making the chienthrope elect to escape from the city.

'She must be really frightened out of her wits to make such a stupid move . . .' Nox thought to himself.

'Even if it would land you in trouble as well, trying to divert the adventurers' attention to Revis would definitely be the best way to guarantee at least your life. If you wanted to avoid trouble at all costs you can just stick to areas with a lot of people to ensure you would not be attacked.'

Thinking of Lulune's rookie mistakes borne out of fear, he shook his head while smoothly following behind Revis who in turn was stalking the escaping Lulune.

Unfortunately for the red headed Creature, the miscalculation that led to her eventual failure in the original plot manifested itself in this alternate reality as well. Ais and Lefiya caught a very suspicious Lulune trying to sneak away from Rivira and stopped her.

After some back and forth between them, as the two wanted the chienthrope to come with them back into the town while said chienthrope refused to do so under any circumstances, they eventually settled on a remote area near Rivira, outside the frightening city and decently covert but still relatively closeby.

This made the situation far from ideal for Revis but she really had no choice. She was the one operating on a timer so she had to make a move and recover the Jewel Fetus, even if it meant fighting an elite from the Loki Familia.

Ais and Lefiya questioned Lulune who finally caved and revealed what she knew. That she had received an item from the man who had been murdered as a part of a guild commissioned job and what the murderer was most definitely after.

Like in the original plot, the two offered the frightened chienthrope to complete her job for her and though she most definitely hesitated, Lulune figured this would give her the best chance of making out of her current situation alive and so she accepted, showing the wrapped item to them.

Lefiya unwrapped it to see the crystalline sphere with a green, plant textured fetus inside of it, she thought it was strange but nothing much but when Ais held it, things changed.

She sensed the corrupted spirit inside of the jeweled fetus but as she had faced a demi spirit in the current timeline already, her shock was completely different. Rather than surprise and aversion, her first thoughts were quite positive despite the unpleasant sensation the item provoked in her.

'This is a clue about that demi spirit as Nox called it and its origins.' Ais immediately thought, already deciding to consult with Nox about the item in her hands before she delivered it to the guild as agreed upon with her and Lefiya's new acquaintance, possibly friend, Lulune.

As her focus was not to much of the fetus and she had been getting some coaching on controlling her spirit sourced abilities, it seemed that unlike in the original series, the fetus was not stimulated and remained in suspended animation instead of showing movement like it had in the Sword Oratoria LN.

Despite this, there was certainly something that proceeded along the original route, and that was Revis' menacing appearance in Hashana's black armor, a mask of his skin still covering her face . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

11