Hunt For Evilus XIV
473 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ryuu, stay behind please. I've got something to talk to you about." Nox called out.

Since he had been unable to figure out just what was up with Revis, only that it was somehow related to Ryuu, Nox decided to go straight to the elf, project his memories through a spell he cooked up once while he was bored and try to see if she picked up on anything.

Fortunately or unfortunately, he was about to get far more than he bargained for and Ryuu in particular was about to get one of the most trauma reviving images of her life projected straight into her mind making sure she would relive them over and over.

Alas, neither Nox nor Ryuu knew what exactly was about to go down as he pulled her to the side and let her know what was up.

"What is it?" Ryuu inquired with a curious gaze.

"I wanted to discuss one of our enemies with you. The creature Ais faced, Revis." Nox revealed without yet letting anything on.

He was quite sure the matter was going to be sensitive for one reason or another but knowing was half the battle and there was a very good chance Ryuu would be able to recognise something important by seeing Revis so Nox just had to soldier on.

"What about her?" Ryuu questioned, even more confused.

'If it is about the enemy, why discuss it with me in particular?' Was the actual question in her mind but she assumed Nox just had something different in mind.

"You see, when I was tracking her, something about her appearance reminded me of something we talked about but I have no idea what exactly, it was more my subsconscious doing the work and my intuition firing off." Nox explained.

"So you were hoping we could think about it together because maybe there is a possibility I've seen her before or something?" Ryuu deduced.

'Actually, I think it has a greater personal connection to you but . . .' Nox thought but chose not to say.

"Something like that." He simply replied like so instead.

"In fact, I can project my memories into your mind, see if it brings some other memory up. If you're okay with it that is." Nox then suggested.

"You always seem to come up with weird stuff like that." Ryuu gave a subdued smile as per her usual.

"Let's do it then." She said and gave him the go ahead to project his memories.

"Do I need to do something or . . ." Ryuu inquired.

"Nope. Just stay still and close your eyes. Actually, it might be better if you sit, just in case." Nox responded.

'The projection itself shouldn't shake her up enough to knock her off her feet but if the memories provoke a bigger reaction than I'm expecting . . . Better safe than sorry.' He thought in his mind.

Ryuu obediently took a seat on a nearby comfy couch and closed her eyes as she awaited the transmission but when Nox actually activated his spell, he immediately realized things were far worse than expected.

The elf's expression suddenly paled as beads of cold sweat emerged from her unhealthily pale visage, her beautiful elvish features twisted into an ugly grimace as tears flowed unrestrictedly from her tightly closed eyes, as if a large dam had been suddenly shattered.

And in the height of these extreme emotions, Ryuu unceremoniously passed out.

"Damn it!" Nox exclaimed as he rushed to hold her. He still did not know exactly what made the elfess like so but if Revis' appearance was going to be so traumatic, burning the images directly into her mind ought to have made it far worse than it needed to be.

Nox carefully, held Ryuu in his embrace, even as she cried in her sleep, soaking his shirt, rocking her back and forth in a soothing rhythm, as if comforting a delicate baby.

As he did, he too calmed down a bit. Ryuu was a girl he loved, inadvertently putting her through such a burning trial was most definitely not his intention and for sure something that shook him up a fair bit but being shaken up would not help the situation in the slightest.

Ryuu having this big of a reaction made it sort of obvious what exactly was going on and after Nox figured that part out, remembering the piece of information that previously so effectively eluded him proved to be equally easy.

'This bad of a reaction makes this related to her fallen familia, that part is easy to deduce as it is basically the only thing that rattles Ryuu that much, perhaps if something happened to me or the other girls too but that's not relevant right now.' Nox started down the path to the truth in his mind.

'Revis is a creature, something created by implanting a corrupted magic stone born of a demi spirit's power into the body of a dead adventurer. It would then be logical to assume Revis has another identity back from when she was a normal adventurer.' He continued with his thought process.

'She has no memories of her life, possibly due to being converted a bit to late after death rather than just afterwards like Filvis or Olivas but that is pure speculation. The important part is that at least action wise, she will not reveal pretty much any trace of her previous life.'

'However, strictly appearance wise, if I try to match her to the known members of the former Astrea Familia to which Ryuu belonged, the Revis' previous identity becomes rather easy to figure out . . .'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

7