Silly Rabbit
270 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, back to the Adventurer's Guild! My shoulder was falling asleep carrying this stupid cat all the way here! Well, after turning in the quest and getting the reward, Leo and I split the cash halfway. We also got money for taking out that group of bandits. Apparently, they had a price on their head.

Now, we would have earned more money if we brought them back alive but, you know what, you win some you lose some, best not to fret about it.

 All in all, I got about 250G from the whole thing. Around 250USD. Now that may seem like a lot for one day, however... yeah I got no excuses, how much money does the Adventurer's Guild have to pay it's members like this? I guess they make a lot from the parts people bring back. 

I mean, I ended up having to sell those resources I got my first day, because it takes training to get resources from them and process them. Nothing I could learn in a short time. Even if there is a game system, the threshold for picking up a skill is a lot different from in the game, and takes a lot more time.

Kind of a disappointment. I was hoping I would be able to harvest resources from them. Too bad I'm not some OP protagonist that can get whatever skill they want. 

I guess I am strong for someone in this world based on the average; however, my strength is just because of my experience in the game. I still think the monsters are incredibly terrifying; however, adrenaline has kept me going. At this rate of making money, I might actually make a good amount of money.

Honestly, if D-ranks make this much money, imagine how much a C-rank makes. Well, there is the whole catch of having to risk your life for this money. Adventuring is probably one of the most deadly jobs next to being a soldier in the army in a time of war. Many people die in this job, and so it is not extremely popular.

Don't get me wrong, there are a good amount of adventurers. However, the whole problem of "you statistically have a high chance of death at some point" typically draws people away. 

Oh well. I need the money so I took this job with no prior requirements. It is as simple as that. One day I want to go to a city where I can take better jobs. 

"Hey, stupid cat, are you feeling better."

"Hey, stupid rabbit, maybe you should talk to people nicer."

"As if I would talk nicely to you. You are the most annoying cat I've ever met. Also, I'm a bunny, not a rabbit!"

"The words are literally synonymous, you are just annoying. If anything a bunny is just a young rabbit."

"Look, first of all, good job pronouncing the word synonymous, that word sucks to say, and secondly... shut up."

"Are you an idiot?"

"At least you didn't call me a hare. Anyway, back to the task at hand. Have you fixed the whole party problem? I don't want to have to team up with you anymore after this."

"Ah yes, with the utmost care I have crafted the perfect plan... to literally just press the 'disband' button under the party tab in God's Blessing."

"As I said earlier, shut up."

He is the most annoying cat I've ever met. Green hair and green eyes, always a look of boredom on his face. His eyes look almost empty. His left ear has its tip missing, probably from an accident from adventuring. Everything about him screams annoying... although green is my favorite color.

I haven't looked at my stats, so I should probably look through my stat sheet.

Name:  Carrots
Species: Bunny-folk
Gender: Female
Class: Rogue
Age: 17
Level: 5
HP: 90/120
STR: 13 (+1)
SPD: 22
DEX: 22 (+3)
CON: 5
INT: 5
SP: 17
MP: 9
Skills: [Backstab], [Quickstep], [Throwing Knife], [Jumping], [Tracking]
Gear:

[Commoner Clothing ](+3 DEX),

[Okay Dagger](+3 STR)

Money:

355G

Points: 0
(NEW) Achievements [Bandit Slayer](+2 STR)

So I unlocked a new part of the stat sheet, achievements huh? I get a nice stat boost from some of them it seems. I'll have to keep my eye out in the future for more chances at getting achievements.

"So what are you gonna do now Leo?"

"Oh, calling me by my name now? Carrots~"

"Say that one more time, and you will never see tomorrow."

"You should almost be level 6 soon, are you planning on heading further south to the closest city soon?"

"Yeah, after I level up, I'm heading there for more chances at leveling, what level are you?"

"Same as you, level 5."

"Well, I guess it would be quicker for the both of us if we stayed in a party for a little longer..."

"As much as it annoys me, I agree."

And that is how our party formed! The beginning of an Epic to be passed down for centuries... just kidding. That would be funny though.

Well, now that we've officially formed a party, we've gotta think of a great name for it! Well, let's see. We've got a cat and a bunny... wait... how did I just realize this annoying cat is technically my predator. Well, best not to think about it.

"What do you think we should name our party!"

"I don't care."

"Lame~"

Well, he's no help. He's only making the fire, setting the tent, and harvesting firewood! He should help with what really matters, our party name!

"Ah, I've got it! Muramido!"

"But, why that name?"

"Because, if you take half of the word purple and half of the word green in Japanese, and smack the two together, you get Muramido!"

"First, what is "Japanese" and second, that is the stupidest name I've ever heard"

Oh yeah, this is another world; after all, they probably don't have Japanese. Weird that they have English though. Maybe English settlers exist here too? Just kidding, probably some weird Multiversal coincidence... although I should probably check for any traces of the British just in case.

"Well, if you hate Muramido, what should we name our party?"

"Well, we are both beast-folk so why not the Purple-Green Beasts."

"I see your naming sense isn't any better than mine."

"So you admit your naming sense sucks."

"Ye- I mean no!"

"Too late now."

"Whatever, let's just think of one later."

"Are you gonna help me now?"

"Whatever, sure."

I guess I should help him set up camp. 


Well, helping him aside, there isn't much to do right now. 

We are currently in the middle of a quest to solve who is stealing the herbs from a farm out near the outskrits of the town. So currently, we can't do much but wait. See if it's a person or animal. 

Well, if it is a person, then they would probably notice us, which is why we are setting camp away from the farm. We will take turns looking over the farm once night comes. 

I hear there is a sleep resistance skill that makes it so you don't need as much sleep, but I don't know the requirements to get that skill, so taking turns it is. 

Well, before night comes, I'm just gonna train. If I want to become stronger, I have to:

  1. Find my Aura.
  2. Level up.
  3. Get new skills.
  4. Master control over the skills I already have.

So far, I'm not really doing well in any of these aspects. I never discovered my Aura in years of playing the game, my level is 5, I only have like 5 skills, and I still don't have full control over any of them. 

"Hey Leo, I'm going hunting for food."

"Just be back before dark, okay?"

Okay! Well it's time to get started on this whole hunting trip!

"[Tracking]"

Nice! Now it will be easier to find some prey. Let's see, there are footsteps of Hored Wolves that way, and a couple Kobolds to the east... well I guess I'll get the wolves first because it will at least look like I was hunting for meat, not exp. 

"[Quickstep]"

Quickly to the wolves! I need to be back in a couple hours! 

Finally, I've reached these stupid things! Sorry you stupid animals, but you've gotta die. 

"[Backstab]"

First one down. One next to it charges after me, but I of course dodge it, pretty easily because I'm still under the effects of [Quickstep]. I stab it from the back and turn around to face the other wolf.

It lunges at me, but I use its momentum to help cut through its hide. They still haven't hit me. Hmm, are they weaker than the ones before, or am I just a lot stronger?

Whatever. There was only three of them here. I store them in my storage and move on to the kobolds. They will probably be better practice than these wolves, because they can wield weapons and all.

And... there they are. One of them has a great sword, but the other three seem to just have short swords. It should be easy to take them out, but I'll kill the smaller ones with throwing knives.

I run up to the kobold wielding a great sword planning to take it out with a smooth cut, but it blocks my hit! How fast can you move that heavy thing?

"[Backstab]"

I teleport behind it and try to stab it in the neck, but as soon as my knife his its hide, my knife snaps in two! I just bought that thing not long ago! Come on! 

Well, back to the more dire things on hand, I have no weapon, I'm fighting something that wasn't affected by my knife, and the only other weapons around me are even duller than the knife I was using.

I could hit it with a blunt weapon, thick skin doesn't do much to protect against those, however I don't have nearly enough strength to wield one properly... unless...

"[Jumping]"

I start jumping from place to place, dodging the attacks from the big kobold. He slices at me, and I jump behind a tree, he cuts down the tree, and I jump over him. 

Bouncing from place to place, I try to build up as much momentum as possible, before jumping right at him with all the speed and velocity that I had gained.

He tries to block the kick with his sword, but my foot snaps that thing in two, and he gets thrown into a tree.

Finally, I think he's dead, however that kobold was definitely different from the rest, an aberrant. Huh, what is the panel that just popped up?

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE UNLOCKED AURA.

AURA TYPE: BODY ENHANCEMENT

Huh? Body Enhancement Aura? I've only ever heard of Aura for weapons... This must be why I could never awaken Aura in the game, I always relied on a weapon to fight, and was also a primarily ranged fighter.

Also, is it just me, or does this type of Aura seem kinda useless for a rogue class? I mean sure, I can enhance speed, but wouldn't it be better for a tank so that they can enhance health, resilience, and attakc damage? Oh well, it's better than nothing. Huh, what is this achievement I've just gotten?

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

[FOUNDER](+Discerning Eye lvl 1 Skill)

Congrats, you've unlocked a never before seen type of Aura! It will be passed along in your children as a Aura unique to your family! I hope your family name goes down in history!

Um... I don't have a family name...

STATUS UPDATED

CARROTS → CARROTS VIOLETWIND

Okay... well whoever came up with that last name is a complete chuunibyou, but whatever. I'm more confused about the fact that I unlocked a new type of Aura. I mean I knew there were NPCs, especially nobles and royals, that had special Aura, but I never thought I would be one! 

Also, [Discerning Eye lvl 1]? Isn't that an aprasial skill? That will be useful. Also, level 1? Since when do skills have levels? 

Well, obviously this trip has been very helpful! Thank you scary big kobold dude! Well, time to head back to Leo... 

16