Temporary Burnout Break
58 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, sorry to go against all the exciting stuff I said in the author's notes some weeks ago, but I've gotta take a break from writing for a bit, and that's the main reason for the lack of updates in 2 weeks now. My first-ever major burn-out... ever.

It's been building up for probably 2 years of almost constant working on creative projects, many of which will never see the light of day, but that still definitely took large chunks of my free time. Golemancer is the catalyst to this burn-out, but not the reason; the reason is that I've overworked myself for a long time and I'm finally paying the price with my mental health.

It sucks, and I'm sorry, but also I probably shouldn't be sorry because feeling guilty about it just makes it worse. 

In retrospect, even with a huge backlog, I was extremely not ready to keep up that daily update schedule for nearly two months, and when the story didn't do as well as I expected, in followers or in Patreon support, it accelerated that burnout bigtime and I was completely unable to keep up with any writing, not only for Golemancer but any other project. I'm extremely happy to have had the support that this series has had, especially for a serial that was WAY more niche than I realized back in August, though. Don't get me wrong; y'all are wonderful!

But, I've got to take a break--from ALL my writing projects--, and I can't say how long it will take; three weeks? Two months? However long it takes me to get back into mental shape, and back into a HEALTHY writing routine, that'll be it. I won't try to rush it, and I'll definitely build up a backlog again before posting anything.

And don't worry at all about Golemancer as a story; I've outlined most of the chapters, and it's already just under halfway over. I haven't lost interest in the series whatsoever, and I'm very eager to get back to writing it when I feel ready.

See you in a little bit.


In the meantime, read these very good stories:

Katalepsis (I wrote a 7,100 word review of it this week)

A Dream of Wings and Flame

Riposte (I'm reading this one right now!)

Chronicles of a Fallen Matriarch

1