Vol. 1 SS: A Man With A System
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Candidate- Mu Ran

Speciality : Rare Physique, High Quality Dao Base, Special Cultivation Technique, Special Soul

Potential : S tier

A More Detailed Status Window Shall Be Unlocked Upon Recruitment

Reward for Recruitment : 5 spins of the myriad scriptures wheel, 1 Epic tier gift box

Current status : A Neutral impression of host. ]

[ Candidate : Yuen Zhou

Speciality : High Quality Dao Base, Special Cultivation Technique, Unidentifiable Data

Potential : S tier

A More Detailed Status Window Shall Be Unlocked Upon Recruitment

Reward For Recruitment : 5 spins of the myriad scriptures wheel, 1 Legend tier gift box

Current Status : A Mildly Favourable Impression Of Host ]

"Huh, it seems like little Zhou is nearly at the same level as Mu Ran despite having only half of the special traits. This lass really is a gem. But what is that Unidentifiable data... Regardless, she's still an S tier disciple. I'll do my best to make her call me master...No wait, that sounds wrong for some reason, cough."

Kong Ye was slowly walking upwards following the dusty path that led to the peak of the Black Sheep mountain, the place where elder Daheng lived.

After spending a month's time teaching this new generation of disciples, Kong Ye had finally managed to push up their impressions of him to a more or less favourable level.

This had unlocked the new feature of his system, a primary status window for potential personal disciple candidates. Although the information he got was very vague, with everything remotely useful being classified as ' special ', 'to be unlocked after recruitment' etc. , this was a really good tool.

It didn't give him much of a push toward filling up the yearly quota of at least two protagonist level disciples, but it helped him weed out the trashy candidates more easily.

Thankfully, he had made the right choice by joining the Crimson Snow sect after getting the system, or he'd have to run all over the place looking for protagonist level disciples using his system's scanner gadgets. Those things were truly difficult to create.

He had been pleasantly surprised to discover that there were at least two disciples with protagonist halo in this sect !

The heavens must love me dearly for such a coincidence to take place right under my nose !

Pushing those thoughts aside, elder Kong focused on summoning the next disciple's primary status window. The system had announced the unlocking of the new feature just yesterday, and he hadn't had the time to check all the disciple's status yet.
Once he had discovered the existence of an A tier disciple in one of the moutain peaks nearby, he had rushed to the disciple's current master to have a chat. Of course, he hadn't directly expressed his eagerness to take the disciple in as a personal disciple, but he expressed his general interest in his potential and made some vague hints.

It was a tradition in the Crimson Snow Sect for outer court disciples to choose or get selected by an elder as a personal disciple for apprenticeship once they reach the fifth layer of physique transformation realm. So all the elders had already started lobbying around with each other over their favourite disciples of this year. Kong Ye's actions were nothing out of ordinary. He just had to be careful about not revealing too much interest which might make their current masters realize their potential and strike before him, snatching the disciples away.

One by one, Kong Ye had gone through many moutain peaks and finally appeared on the Black Sheep Mountain. And that's where the issue started.
Two S tier disciples in a row...Elder Kong didn't know how to manage things with elder Daheng, their current master, and convince him into handing over two of his most talented disciples.

The black Sheep mountain peak had a pretty bad reputation. Their disciples were all trashes who barely maintained their status as disciples in the sect. Hell, the kids who lived on this mountain peak were generally not even bold enough to go mix with the rest of their peers.

In this situation, Mu Ran and Yuen Zhou were like two sudden boons to the depressed elder of the peak. If Kong Ye tried to snatch them away, he'd have to pay a hefty price.

Feeling worried, elder Kong continued to pull up more status windows of this mountain peak as he walked closer to elder Daheng's palace.

[ Candidate : Han Xuhan

Speciality : High Quality Dao base, Unidentifiable Data

Potential : B+ tier

A More Detailed Status Window Shall Be Unlocked Upon Recruitment

Reward For Recruitment : 1 turn of the myriad scriptures wheel, 1 grandmaster tier gift box

Current Status : A Very Favourable Impression Of Host ]

"Ah, finally a normal young man. Although he has that same Unidentifiable data as his speciality, it can be credited to his messy reincarnation. If nothing else, I can probably convince elder Daheng to part with this poor kid."

A grandmaster tier gift box wasn't worth much, being the second lowest tier of the gift system. But Kong Ye felt that Han Xuhan would make a great personal disciple because of how fast he was in adapting to situations and learning new things. He was the model disciple of his generation, albeit having the reputation of a trash.

But his system would not lie. That B+ tier was nothing to laugh at considering the average rating the rest of the disciples got was a measly B . Almost none of them had any special traits marked by the system either.

Nodding to himself and making a mental note to keep an eye on Xuhan, elder Daheng pulled up the next status window in the system interface.

[ Candidate : Xiao Wu

Speciality : Ancient Bloodline, Special Qi, Special Cultivation technique.

Potential : A+ tier

A More Detailed Status Window Shall Be Unlocked Upon Recruitment

Reward For Recruitment : 3 Spins of Myriad Scriptures Wheel, 2 Legend tier gift box

Current Status : A Mildly Favorable Impression Of Host ]

Kong Ye couldn't help but freeze in his tracks. Another disciple with such high potential bearing the title of a trash ? Is the disciple examination methods of the Crimson Snow Sect so bad ?

It looks a bit suspicious ! Isn't this too much of a coincidence?
He knew he was a man chosen by the heavens, meant for great things, but even his luck shouldn't be this extraordinary, right ?

Elder Kong set his doubts aside and glanced at the peak ahead with narrowed eyes. Elder Danheng was was really a lucky man. To have so many talents under his wing...tsk tsk.

"Let's examine the next disciple, system."

[ Candidate : Zi Wei

Speciality : Special Soul, Rare Physique, Special Cultivation Technique

Potential : S- tier

A More Detailed Status Window Shall Be Unlocked Upon Recruitment

Reward For Recruitment : 4 Spins of the Myriad Scripture Wheel, 1 Epic tier gift box

Current Status : A Neutral Impression Of Host ]

"No Fucking way..." Elder Kong felt like he was being pranked by the system.

There had to be a mistake somewhere, right?

Six disciples of a mountain peak with three around the S tier ? It would have been acceptable if the other two were trashes, but that wasn't the case !

Heavens, where have I stepped onto ? Is this really the infamous black sheep mountain peak ?

Swallowing a nervous chuckle, he pulled out the primary status window of the last disciple of this mountain peak.

[ Cannot find any processed data regarding the sixth disciple of the Black Sheep Mountain Peak...reorganizing files... ]

"What the hell-"

[ Authority Override detected...

Higher level interference detected. Host is currently not strong enough to handle the data of the sixth disciple of the Black Sheep Mountain peak. Please complete the required number of missions to level up and gain the authority to attempt another scan on her. Any further attempts at scanning her right now would result into attracting the attention of said higher powers. ]

What in the world was this ? Even his seemingly omniscient system could not access her information ?

Kong Ye had never seen such prompts from the system. He felt his heart lurching thinking about the possibilities.

The palace of elder Daheng was in sight. But this time, Kong Ye did not feel any amusement or envy toward him for having special disciples. His heart was beating like a drum, as if he was facing a slumbering predator .

It was impossible for Daheng to not know about any of this. The authorities had to be aware. Then all of the coincidences would make sense...And that suddenly blurred the crystal clear image of the Crimson Snow Sect in Kong Ye's heart.

2