Chapter 6 – The Hookshot Trial
71 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Arc, try the Hookshot now!” (Misha)

“…How exactly we should start?” (Arc)

Arc inquired, viewing the wildwood.

After leaving [Iron Lady], Misha dragged Arc to forest outside city.

The forest disarray. Cracks, holes, broken trees, and burn marks filled in the surrounding.

For why the forest in such state, Misha and Arc were the caused.

The place far and isolated from people. Whenever they try something new, Arc and Misha always come here. Whether its new magic, technique, or unknown magic items. Everything that couldn’t be done in city.

This time they came because Misha wants to try Arc’s Hookshot.

In her past life, Hookshot made its appearance in her favorite movies and games. Thorough her circumstance, in her past life, Misha can only watch movie or play game to relief her boredom. That’s why Misha having great interest toward things that similar with things in movies or games in past life.

Hookshot, or maybe Grapple Hook Gun?

Arc’s Hookshot is gun shaped Hookshot. A kind Hookshot often appeared in action movies and a certain zombie game. Seeing the appearance of real thing burning Misha eagerness to play.

Watching Misha looked so eager making Arc intimidated. For some reason, there an uneasy premonition.

“C’mon, Arc!” (Misha)

Misha said with big smile.

“…” (Arc)

Still, to protect that smile, Arc gladly ignore his bad feeling.

“You should climb up branch over there.” (Misha)

“Um? Climb up?” (Arc)

“Yes, go upward there, Arc. You know how use Hookshot, right?” (Misha)

“…Well, I know a little?” (Arc)

Arc recalled Mr. Morph demonstration. It worked, however, he failed miserably and almost got into accident.

“How about I’m first try?” (Misha)

“Do you know how to use this, Misha?” (Arc)

“……I have the knowledge.” (Misha)

In other words, you don’t know, Arc thought so, but he not voiced out.

“………You could try.” (Arc)

“Really!?” (Misha)

Misha sparkled at Arc suggestion.

“…As long as you careful.” (Arc)

Arc instantly regretting his decision gave Misha a try.

Her enthusiasm made Arc little anxious.

Wrong, he truly worried off.

Knowing from his long-suffering experience, when Misha become too enthusiastic, there’d incident. Arc learned it first hand with his body.

“Misha, hear me. Please, really, really, be careful, okay?” (Arc)

“I know, Arc. Don’t be so worried.” (Misha)

“…Are you sure?” (Arc)

“I definitely won’t fail this time!” (Misha)

Arc really can’t feel relief at all!

I’m worried since there fail records after you said those words!

After she said those words, her fail almost certain.

He getting more anxious, as Misha’s eyes getting sparkler.

“I’ll begin.” (Misha)

“Wait a…” (Arc)

Before Arc could hold her, Misha acted.

Using her superficial knowledge from previous life, Misha shot at nearest branch, and leap upward. 

Causing the Hookshot shape similar with pistol in previous life, Misha thought it would be an easy experience, overestimate her ability, and repeat her mistake.

Misha forgot she have poor athletic skill.

The hook pulling stronger than she thought. Causing she fail land on the branch and ended thrown over.

“Hyaaaa” (Misha)

“Misha! I knew it!” (Arc)

Kicked the ground, Arc sprinted forward like a cheetah.  

Arc went below her and managed caught Misha between his arm. Using his body as cover, both of them fell onto mud.

“A-ha-ha, seems like I’m failed a little.” (Misha)

“…No, you badly failed. Didn’t I said be careful?” (Arc)

“Sorry.” (Misha)

After the incident, Misha’s mind cooled down. She felt guilty and earnestly apologizes to Arc for inconvenience, especially when she saw their dirty state. She was fine while Arc dirtied all over his body to cover her fall.

“Arc, stand still for a moment… [Clean]…” (Misha)

Blue light shot from Misha hand. Then, Arc’s body glowed and his body fully cleansed.

“Magic truly convenient.” (Arc)

That Arc heartfelt opinion after seeing the result.

Just with a simple chant, Arc appearance is clean as though as new. In his opinion, Magic really very convenient thing.

It was sad there only few can have that convenience.

“Seems right… Arc, now your turn. You want try?” (Misha)

“Okay, I’ll try.” (Arc)

Relieved found no wound on Arc’s body, Misha reminded their original intention.

Arc slightly discouraged recalling Mr. Morph and seeing Misha failure, but he didn’t quit. Hookshot is him to begin with and their original purpose came here is to let him train to use Hookshot. Misha trial just because she too eager to play with it.

Recalling Misha action, Arc imitated it. Even though she failed, her execute mostly succeed except the end. Unlike her, Arc managed to land on branch at his first try.

“Wow, Arc… You did it! That’s great you managed do it in your first try.” (Misha)

“Is that so?” (Arc)

Misha clapped her hand at Arc success.

Arc scratched his nose, slightly embarrassed at Misha compliment.

After his first success, Arc tried again.

Came down from tree, Arc pulls himself up to branch with Hookshot again. He repeatedly the act for several times with successive action.

At beginning, it just simple climb from ground to tree. Then with Misha suggestion, it become leap from tree to tree, eventually a huge leap from a tree to far away tree.

Arc always success at simple ground to tree, but half fail in his attempts to jump from a tree to tree, and only one success in ten tries in his attempt to leap from tree to far away tree.

Misha clapped whenever he succeeded, or threw [Clean] and [Heal] whenever he fails and crashed on the ground.

Meanwhile Arc training, Misha suddenly pondering something.

This world incidentally haves so many mixed genres.

At beginning, Misha thought she reincarnated in classic sword and magic medieval world. Unexpectedly, she found guns and Hookshot or things that smell modern existed in this world. Isn’t just them, there also things with sci-fi smell Misha found existed too.

Since Misha live in Everyne manor, she learned this world haves a very advance civilization, maybe even more advance than her previous world. Just, this world took different direction civilization than that world, as this world have something that that world hasn’t.

Just take Arc’s Hookshot as example. Hookshot Misha knew in previous life doesn’t flexible as Arc’s where it can attach and detach its hook at will. A Hookshot like that only exist in game in her previous world.

*Buck!!*

Her thought was cut as Arc once again failed and crashed.

As she run toward him, she reached a conclusion.

That isn’t important what kind genre the world Misha living now. What important is what should she do now.

Misha dropped her unnecessary thought and hurriedly help Arc.

 

*****

***

*

 

By the time they stopped, sky has turned slightly red.

Arc now familiar with the Hookshot. He still yet could skillfully use it, but with days training he would. If it isn’t the time for them to back, Arc would follow Misha suggestion to tried train at nearby cliff.

When they returned, an angry Arianne welcomed them in front of door.

“Welcome home, Misha. I see you had fun.” (Arianne)

“Ah, I’m home…” (Misha)

“And you, Arc. I see you follow your mistress whim like always.” (Arianne)

“…U-Uh?” (Arc)

Arc and Misha trembling before Arianne. Her permeating rage very clear to both of them.

Misha, what’s happened? Why Mrs. Arianne looked so angry!?

I don’t know why Sis Ari angry!

Just what you did this time!?

I said I don’t know!

Arc and Misha communicating with their eyes. Misha inwardly shook her head as she clueless what sort mistake she did to made her sister angry.

Seemed Arianne caught their soundless conservation as her next word made Misha coldly sweating.

“That’s isn’t because you did anything, Misha. This time, I angry because you didn’t do something. I wondering where you went since morning since you didn’t tell anyone. I had been searching you whole time and needlessly worrying with you and your servant disappearance. Seems like I just being paranoid seeing you returned with all smile.” (Arianne)

Arianne asserted with blue vein popped on her head.

‘‘OOPS!’’

Panicked, both Arc and Misha inwardly screamed.

This time, they’re done. They forgotten to inform anyone about their leave this morning.

Sometime ago, Misha and Arc didn’t inform anyone about their leave and end up wrapped in an incident. That incident gave a huge headache to everyone. Since then, Misha must report her status whenever she leaving. Duke Saffron even place some secret guards on her to watch her.

Their uninform leave seemed threw their family into panic looking from Arianne attitude.

“You two didn’t just disappear, even back in that state.” (Arianne)

Arianne pointed their current state with breeze voice.

Arc felt shiver behind his neck.

Misha watched their appearance and become red. While her magic can heal and clean their body, that isn’t extending at their clothes. Their clothes messy and ripped, especially Arc’s, his clothes ripped almost all over his body.

“Follow me.” (Arianne)

Like guilty convicts, Arc and Misha hung their head in shame as they brought in by Arianne. Both of them scolded fiercely for two hours before they released.

Wearied, Arc and Misha trudge to their room. Misha still could hear the scold resounding in her head.

As they reach room, they fall onto bed, as Arc and Misha doesn’t longer have energy to act.

Facing at each other, they let out a weak laugh.

“Arc, I’m exhausted. Let’s not do anything this time.” (Misha)

“Agree, I too don’t want to do anything.” (Arc)

As exhaustion caught them up, Arc and Misha fell asleep almost immediately.

That night was peaceful.

1