Chapter 28 – Kidnapped
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Behind dark clouds, crescent moon peeking Myrd city night view.

Tonight, different from usual night.

At this moment, people should already on their way to bed. But this time, people were stay awake, and the whole city filled with an unusual hustle-bustle.

Among them is a little girl with blond hair.

“Guh…”

Misha staring the decayed ceiling, filled with dust and webs.

Her small body is a little bruised, and her mood is very moody.

“…”

She looking the situation she is in.

In front of her, there iron bars blocking her way. There also a robed man guarding the door of this room.

Not just that, she also roped with a binding that obstruct the mana circulation inside her, preventing her to use magic.

Didn’t stop from there, these bastards even confiscated her weapon and belonging. They even took pendant that Arc presented to her.

*Sigh*

A tired sigh escape from her mouth.

Misha was wishing she could use [Heal] at least, the bruises on her body really uncomfortable.

The cold stone floor beneath her isn’t gave any comfort.

Really.

This time, she really got her fill of incident, again.

Why this happen?

Misha was wondering.

She, Arc, and Raina supposed just helping their new friend, peacefully. Somehow, they got involved in something dangerous, and the situation escalated into unpredicted level.

Glanced the white-haired girl, that is the new friend she made.

“Uh…” (Herlin)

Beside her, Herlin trembling like a new fawn.

Her pale face showing her bewilder, confused with the situation. She has been like this since the start of incident.

Well, that perfectly normal.

Herlin just a normal little girl, even though she is a Magist’s apprentice. It’s perfectly normal for her trembling in fear in this unknown situation. Rather, she always thought Arc and Raina was weird since they always calm in any dangerous situation.

Then, Herlin trembling was halted.

“…Aaggh!” (Herlin)

“Herlin, are you okay!?” (Misha)

Misha panicked watching Herlin state. Since the time they assaulted, she keeping held her head in pain from time to time.

She really worried with her condition.

“Shut up you brat!”

“Hiii!” (Herlin)

Terrified scream broke out Herlin’s mouth.

“I said shut up!”

“Hey, don’t be harsh with child!... There~ There~” (Misha)

Misha soothing Herlin, who kept trembling from fear and headache. It was unfortune she couldn’t use her hand to comfort her, as she was roped.

*sigh*

Another annoyed sigh escaped.

Misha looks upward, remembering the situation she was in.

She and Herlin, both are kidnapped.

When their assailant pulling back, flash and smoke bombs thrown near her feet, obstructed her sense. The next she recalled, she was tied and brought by robed men.

Afterward, she was brought in a carriage alongside Herlin, took to an abandoned house.

The one who brought her and Herlin was Slave Hunter Leader and a cold young man. Misha recalling heard the name of Slave Hunter Leader was Bazz.

For some reason they decided to catch her and Herlin alive, because of that Bazz couldn’t kill her even while he stared her murderously during the trip.

He can’t kill her, but in exchange for his revenge, Bazz treated her roughly along the way, that’s the origin of her bruises.

“…”

Misha doesn’t know why they keep her alive, but she didn’t plan to spend a night in this gloomy room.

After many similar situations she had experienced, she had trained how to deal with this situation and knew some trick to escape from here.

Calmly watching the robed guard in front of the door, Misha waiting her chance.

 

*****

***

*

 

Misha doesn’t need to wait for so long.

Half hour later, her chance coming.

She saw the robed guard yawning sleepily.

“Tsk, why I have to watching these brats?” Grumbled the robed guard.

Chance!

Spotting the robed guard disregarding them, Misha immediately took the action.

She won’t admit it, but like Arc, Misha has many preparations in the case she got in trouble like this one.

Lucky, they didn’t confiscate this.

Misha shook her body, bending her body with great deal, then fingering something under her shoes.

“Umm… What are you doing?” (Herlin)

Herlin tilted at Misha weird act.

“Where is it…? If I isn’t wrong, I keep it here… Gotcha!” (Misha)

Under her shoes, Misha took out a hidden small blade.

“…Blade?” (Herlin)

“Right, Herlin. With this, we’ll escape from here.” (Misha)

Skillfully, Misha operating the blade, cut both ropes that tied her and Herlin.

Glanced the guard, she found he hasn’t noticed her sneaky act yet.

Misha sighed out relief and gave victory pose as the blade cut the rope.

That’s lucky her captor tied her with such low-grade Magist binding rope that have terrible poor durability. If the quality of Magist binding rope was better, her situation will be harder.

Because the frequency of incident she was involved, Uncle Jug teach her many tricks to survive in any situation.

It’s rather a sad fact, Misha, a young lady from distinguished family, must learn survival techniques such as simple trick to break from rope, because of high-rate bad luck.

As she managed out of the rope, first thing she do is heal the bruises on her and Herlin. Luckily, low-level healing magic doesn’t have exaggerated effect.

“Ahh~ Sleepy~ Why I have babysat these brats?”

The robed guard yawning, still hasn’t realized the hostages was escaping.

“Shh~” (Misha)

*Nod* Umm~” (Herlin)

Pulling Herlin with her, Misha went to the door.

Behind the bars, she observing the sleepy guards. She found the key for the door hanging on the guard’s waist. Glancing left and right of the room, Misha then stretched out her hand, cast a magic to him.

[Sleep]

The sleepy robed guard’s head nodding heavily. Eventually, he fell asleep on his chair.

“Sszzz…”

“I did it.” (Misha)

“What… we do next…?” (Herlin)

“We’ll snatches that key.” (Misha)

“How?” (Herlin)

“……I still think about it.” (Misha)

“…”

Herlin amazed, staring at Misha’s embarrassed face.

Never she imagined Misha being thoughtlessly after a series of her deeds. Fortunately, she has something that could help.

“I could… help.” (Herlin)

Misha tilted.

Herlin pulled a small puppet from under the princess dress she wearing.

“Where did you keep it?” (Misha)

Looking Herlin small figure, she saw there isn’t any place to keep the puppet.

“So, what you want to do with that?” (Misha)

“This…” (Herlin)

[Rise]

With a command, the small puppet risen.

“Woah” (Misha)

Misha recognized this magic. This is the same magic that Elisabeth used earlier. As her apprentice, it’s natural for Herlin to learn this kind magic.

Misha observing Herlin.

Looking at magic density she has, Herlin hasn’t fully awakened yet, but that doesn’t truly matter now. Even someone haven’t reached first rank mana-user, as long have talent, someone could use some low-level skill. The people that could use Warrior technique or Magist magic before awakened known have great talent.

That how Herlin state currently.

[Go]

The puppet strode quietly toward robed guard. As Misha see its move, she thought it was cute. When it arrived under the guard, it stretched its small hand to grab the key. Sadly, it’s too short to reach it.

“……” (Misha)

The small puppet climbed on the robed guard. It too small to disturb him. it took the key, and come back.

“Great!” (Misha)

Silently and carefully, Misha opens the door. Not wakening the robed guard from his sleep.

“Ugh…!” (Herlin)

“!!!” (Misha)

Just they out the jail, severe headache attacking Herlin again.

Misha almost got heart stroke when she heard Herlin almost start to scream. Instantly, she shut Herlin’s mouth, then cast [heal] hurriedly.

“~~!” (Herlin)

Herlin Scream soundlessly under Misha’s palm.

“…Are you okay?” (Misha)

“……Yeah…” Herlin replied weakly.

“Let’s get out here.” (Misha)

“Okay.” (Herlin)

Striding through the dark corridor, Misha stepping carefully not to get caught escaping. Occasionally, she glancing Herlin, just in case she wouldn’t suddenly get another headache.

It’s fortune that the captor didn’t blindfold their eyes. With her ability, it’s easy to recall the route she has taken.

They passed a door.

“Wait…” Misha halted. Her ear twitched.

Immediately, she pulled Herlin behind a big statue.

After that, two robed men out of the door they just had passed.

“How with the sacrifices?”

“They good. They have been locked up in basement confined room.”

Misha’s ear stretched when she heard keyword ‘sacrifice’ in the conservation.

“No, I mean, are they enough for our ritual? They just children.”

“Of course not, you idiot. We have caught more than three hundred people for sacrifice. The two we caught was for completion for our ritual.”

“Eh? Why is that?”

“Did you not hear high priest explanation? We need blood of pure magist as the core for sacrifice.”

Misha and Herlin’s face paled as they heard robed men conservation.

“I think I have heard something like that.”

“…You idiot.”

“Stop call me idiot!”

The robed men weren’t realized their presence, as their steps strode away from Misha and Herlin location.

Slightly protruding out her head, Misha looking left and right, searching if there any presence.

After confirmed it was safe, Misha jumps out from hiding.

As Misha glanced Herlin by chance, she saw Herlin’s hand lifted to her head.

She stiffened.

Hurriedly, she placed her palm on Herlin’s mouth and cast a heal magic.

Like Misha expected, Herlin attacked by headache again. Not just her, Misha also got different headache looking at Herlin condition. If this keep happen, ghost know if their escape will success.

Misha now really worried with Herlin current condition. It seems her headache isn’t normal at all. If it just a normal headache, it will vanish just with a heal.

“C’mon.” (Misha)

Misha pulled Herlin, continuing their escape.

Now, they heading toward a particular room.

Looking around there no one around the door.

When they arrive, rather than happy, Misha felt little dejected.

Right now, she couldn’t freely use her magic here, for fear she will arouse these robed men vigilance.

The door was closed, locked from inside. Inside the room, Misha knew there at least one man guarding, as she brought here before locked up.

Lifted her chin, Misha thinking a way to get inside.

“Herlin, hide behind that vase first.” (Misha)

Misha went in front of the door, knocking it.

“Who?”

A man sounded from inside, and come out.

Just as his face showed up, a small fist buried on his face, and dark eating out his conscious.

*Bam*

“Herlin, hurry up!” (Misha)

“…” (Herlin)

Herlin dazed, watching Misha pulling a grown-up man inside the room.

Misha closed the door as they both and unconscious man get inside the room.

After get inside, Misha wandering around the room.

“Where is it?”

The room filled with many stuffs, items, and weapons. This room is the place the robed men store their things.

“There!”

After searching through the items, she found the things she looked for.

“Good, they are here.”

On the table, there her things that confiscated by robed men lay about.

She picked a blue pendant first and put it on.

“…”

Misha felt an incredible relief after she put on the pendant. Then, she took over her other belongings.

Swinging the sledgehammer, Misha confirmed her weapon was fine. Checking her spatial pocket, and there nothing missing inside.

“…”

Rummaging these piles of items, Misha also picked several things that look useful.

After packed her stuffs, Misha turned to Herlin.

“Herlin, are you finished?” (Misha)

“Yes…” (Herlin)

Herlin held a cute rabbit pursue.

“Then, let’s out from here.” (Misha)

 

*****

***

*

 

Misha and Herlin striding toward exit.

Several times, they almost got into some precarious situations, almost get caught escaping.

Mentally and physically wore down, Misha has to watch out both robed men and Herlin. Especially Herlin, Misha’s heart beats increasing every time she saw Herlin got headache.

The journey was short, but Misha felt really long with this tension.

“That’s the exit. Hurry up.” (Misha)

Pulling Herlin, Misha jog out of the building.

Misha hurrying since she doesn’t know until when they captor wouldn’t realize she and Herlin was escaped.

Just when she thought that, alarm ringing out inside the building.

“The sacrifice escaped!”

Shit!

Holding Herlin between her arm, Misha ran away quickly to the exit.

Afterward, a big shadow fell from above in front of her.

*Boom!!*

A man appeared, blocking the way escape.

“You can’t run anymore, little saint.” The man grinned.

“You!” (Misha)

Misha saw the man that blocking her is bad acquaintance, the slave hunter leader, Bazz.

“You what?” (Bazz)

Bazz looking Misha amusedly.

Many footsteps can be heard behind. Several robed men coming out, surrounding Misha and Herlin.

Herlin tightening her grip on Misha’s dress. Fear and anxious crawling on her face.

Misha couldn’t comfort her since cold beats dripping from her forehead.

“Obediently back to your room, little saint, or I will force you.” Bazz said in low-voice.

Misha gritted her teeth.

“Never!” (Misha)

Just little more she will escape. She not willing back to jail after hearing their plan to use her as sacrifice.

“Then I will force you!” (Bazz)

“Come here, you fake gentleman!” (Misha)

Surprisingly, Bazz didn’t immediately jump at her, but his subordinate robed man rush from side.

Misha swung her hammer, strike him on his body.

“Gakh!”

That robed man flew, bounced far away.

The robed men and Bazz shocked with her performance, never expecting the seemingly little girl have this great strength. Misha also little shocked, seems there isn’t whatever obstruct her power before here.

Robed men began to falter.

“Useless lots, catch her quickly!” (Bazz)

“…”

They hesitated to move.

“Whoever not move will be brought to punishment room after this.” (Bazz)

The robed men expression changed immediately.

From every side, robed men rushing toward Misha. Seeing her with desperate eyes.

“Herlin, crouch down!” (Misha)

When the robed men almost her, Misha spun, stroke all robed men in circle with her hammer.

“Agh, useless!” (Bazz)

Bazz angrily scold his subordinate.

[Light Arrow]

When Misha stops spinning, she threw light arrows to Bazz.

“Ugh!”

Bazz helplessly rained by her attack. Misha magic quite effective, as her power no longer weakened by something unknown.

However, that isn’t enough.

Light arrows only wounded him a little.

“Hyaa!” (Misha)

Following, she stomped him with hammer.

“You little bitch…” Bazz raged in low voice. “You are not a saint. You are barbarian bitch!”

Not hearing him, she storming Bazz with barrage of hammer.

Misha wished she could finish him immediately and went off from this place. She doesn’t know when their reinforcement will come.

“Enough! I swear, I’ll hit you until your face couldn’t recognized by your parent once I caught you, little bitch!!” (Bazz)

Bazz rushing at Misha in rage.

Several of robed men also revived from the ground and rush at her.

Misha’s face change. She could deal them if there just two or three of them at same time. If they all attack her simulation, she’ll in danger!

Misha then began to act hurriedly.

[Barrier]

Light barrier surrounded her and Herlin.

*Bam!!*

*Crack*

“!!!”

Bazz’s sword hit the barrier and bounced off. His attack is powerful and made a crack on barrier.

*Bam* *Bam* *Bam*

Robed men’s attack also blocked by barrier. Their attack weaker than Bazz, but their collective attacks also cracked the barrier.

Misha expression really ugly at this time.

“Ha-ha-ha, you have great expression there, little bitch!” (Bazz)

Bazz hit the barrier once again, widening the crack.

Misha got her cold sweat wetting her dress.

As she thinking what to do, Herlin who was behind, crouch down and held her head.

“Agghhhh!”

Screaming loudly as pain cracked her head.

Misha’s eyes sunk as the situation is despairing.

Then, the situation turned into something she never could imagine.

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1