Chapter 30 – The Continuation Battle
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Bad!” (Misha)

Looking at the dangerous cracks of her barrier, Misha roared out.

“Do you people have no shame ganging up little girl!?” (Misha)

“Ha-ha-ha, say what you want when I finished beat you later, Little Bitch!” (Bazz)

He laughs ridiculing, while hitting Misha’s barrier.

What I could say if I beaten up?

A gritted teeth sound coming out Misha’s mouth, as to press the panic in her heart. Cold sweat streaming down profusely, wetting her princess dress.

Misha really in precarious situation now.

What you have to do, Misha!?

Misha urgent herself to think up.

She was in unknown place, surrounded by enemy, and her barrier almost destroyed.

“Arrgghhhh!” (Herlin)

And also, Herlin who was behind her was immobile caused by mysterious headache.

If this continues like this, they will be finished for sure!

In this perilous situation, Misha’s brain working faster and harder than usual, thinking a way to escape.

“!” (Misha)

Then, she recalled the things she picked up in enemy’s storage.

Misha quickly took out that from her Spatial Pocket, threw them to the robed men.

“What!?” (Bazz)

Spotting the round things that thrown, Bazz and robed men alarmed, Bazz especially. His surprised expression somewhat resembling Arc’s when he used a similar trick, as he recognized what are those.

“Get down!!” (Bazz)

Too late!

*Boom!!* *Boom!!* *Boom!!*

*Crash!!*

“Gyaa!!” (???)

“Uwaahh!” (???)

“Argh!” (???)

“You fucking bitch!!!” (Bazz)

The bomb balls exploded, close the robed men location.

Misha clueless what kind bombs she picked up, so she couldn’t predict what will happen next. Fortunately, among the bombs she threw, just one of them has real strong explosion.

The explosion caused her barrier destroyed, and bounced the robed men far away. Afterwards, the whole field covered by black smoke.

Chance!

The black smoke could cover her escape.

Just when she found her way to escape, a strong gust blew thorough field, clearing the black smoke from the field.

“…” (Misha)

More of cold sweat broke out her head.

She unknowingly lost her chance to escape just like that.

“What are you doing?” (???)

A cold voice sounded from inside building. Then a man with thin build and cold face walking out.

The man seeing Bazz with sneer on his face.

“What a great job, Bazz. Getting beaten up by child there.” (???)

“Shut up, Rascal!” (Bazz)

“However, as expected of Little Saint, she couldn’t easily be subdued.” (Rascal)

Rascal observing Misha from top to bottom with his cold eyes. Another group of robed men coming from behind.

Misha getting increasing agonized as she saw enemy reinforcement arrived.

“Catch her.” (Rascal)

Hearing Rascal’s command his subordinate start to approaching Misha and Herlin.

“Rascal! Don’t dare you take my prey!” (Bazz)

“Hmph. That rich coming from someone that couldn’t finished his job nicely.” (Rascal)

“You!” (Bazz)

Bazz and Rascal starting to dispute who will catch Misha and Herlin. Watching them like that, Misha hoping their dispute could escalate, so they’d hindering each other job.

She then focusing her gaze at the approaching group. Unnoticedly, Herlin who was crouching in pain because headache, suddenly stood up.

Seems her headache has vanished, Misha thought since didn’t hear painful scream from her.

“Herlin, are you alright?” (Misha)

Misha didn’t turn her head, as she couldn’t take off her gaze from those robed men.

Since she didn’t see her, Misha not realizes the change on Herlin.

With terribly cold gaze, Herlin watching the approaching group. Then a thick murderous aura rose from her body.

“Eh?” (Misha)

Afterwards, the situation turns into something that Misha couldn’t predicted.

 

*****

***

*

 

After they heard the explosion, Arc and Raina quickly ran toward that direction.

“Who are you!?” (???)

“That!?” (???)

“They are the escaped sacrifices!” (???)

“Quickly catch them!” (???)

Because of that, their stealth broke off, and their presence discovered by those robed men.

Immediately, they got encircled by them.

It didn’t take much time for Arc and Raina to have break the encircle, as there no awakened among those robed men.

Then, they arrive to the exit.

However, they were greeted with the sight they couldn’t imagine upon arrival.

““What?”” (Arc, Raina)

Arc and Raina gasped in surprise.

In the field, Misha standing with unbelievable face, seemingly couldn’t processing with what just happened. Aside the slight exhaustion that show on her face, she looks mostly fine. Instead, the robed men were petrified in fear. Some of them even already laying lifelessly on the ground in terrible fashion. Their terrified gaze fell on the little demon before them.

“H-H-Hiiee!” (???)

“D-Devil!” (???)

“Monster!” (???)

“R-R-R-Run… Run!!” (???)

The robed men scattered, running away for their life from the bloodied white haired little girl.

Arc see her beautiful white hair and princess dress had turned crimson, drenched by robed men’s blood.

Those terrible cold red eyes looking at robed men. Their body can’t move, as though they were frozen in winter lake.

Herlin then leap forward.

With the bloody twin daggers in her hand, she slicing those robed men in dash. Corpses littering, blood puddle formed on the ground.

An unfortune man stood dazedly as Herlin sliced his throat. For a moment he didn’t understand his situation, then touching his neck. He saw his hand drenched by blood, then noticed the gush of blood on his neck. Finally, he fell with wordless scream.

That sight quite frightening.

“What the fucking hell is her!?” (Bazz)

“Shut up! Just quickly kill that demon first!” (Rascal)

Bazz and Rascal were dragging their wounded body, working together to fight Herlin. Any rivalry they had have been thrown aside in this situation.

Just before, they hunting Misha and Herlin like wild preys. Now their situation was reversed and they instead became the preys.

How could the powerless little girl suddenly become a powerful death reaper?

Arc who watching from distance noticed the change of Herlin.

“A Peak Stage First Rank Magist!?” (Arc)

Slack-jawed, he couldn’t believe with her current state.

Just how the hell a Non-Rank girl suddenly became a Peak Stage First Rank Magist?

A miracle?

Fuck off!!

Arc closes his eyes, then observes Herlin once again to ensure his sight.

He then nodded, as he found it wasn’t a mistake.

What the hell!?

Arc could tell Herlin is a Magist, since subtle difference between Warrior and Magist in term of aura they have.

Being a Peak First Rank Magist even more exaggerated than a Peak First Rank Warrior.

Right now, he has a doubt if she is Herlin.

Forget it.

Now, there something he had to do first.

“Misha!” (Arc)

Arc hurried approach Misha.

“Arc, Raina, you two here!?” (Misha)

She surprised to find them. She didn’t sense them until Arc called her.

“What just happened to Herlin?” (Arc)

Arc ask while worriedly watching Herlin killing those robed men.

Herlin also have noticed their presence, but she merely glanced at them, then resumed the slaughter.

“I don’t know, Herlin suddenly became like that after getting headache.” (Misha)

“It’s that so…” Arc paused, staring the freeze Herlin, then return his sight to Misha. “Glad to see you are fine, Misha.” He gently said that.

“Uh… Oh…” Misha blinking, unprepared by his sudden relief word. “Yeah… glad to see you too” She too, after hearing his word, felt relief from bottom of her heart saw him near her.

Misha glancing around in puzzle, seemingly searching something or someone.

“Just you two? Where are the others?” (Misha)

“Ah,” scratched his head embarrassedly. “A-ha-ha-ha, I leave them behind.” (Arc)

“Wha– Arc didn’t I had told you before, don’t act recklessly!” (Misha)

“I couldn’t since you got kidnaped.” (Arc)

“You… what a reckless child.” (Misha)

“Hey, I don’t want be told by a little girl that got kidnapped.” (Arc)

“Ugh.” Her heart pierced by Arc’s rude word.

“Besides, I do this because I fear you would gone far.” Arc grasp Misha’s hand weakly. “Please, done leave me alone again.”

“Ugh…” (Misha)

Hearing his heartfelt plea, strung the soft of her heart.

That’s right. How could I forget that?

Misha really forgot that Arc just a child despite how mature he usually behaves.

She recalled Arc always became like this whenever she got into trouble.

*Sigh* It seemed I have made you worried again.” (Misha)

She chuckled with a gentle smile.

Arc also smile gently with her.

Then his focus returned to the current case.

“However, it’s not that I really leave them behind.” (Arc)

“?” (Misha)

“They will be here soon.” (Arc)

“What do you mean, Arc?” (Misha)

Arc turned at Raina.

“Raina!” (Arc)

Raina took out a short stick, pointing it upward. After that, a bright green orb shot up of stick, and hovering in the sky.

The dark space lighted by green light.

“Huh!?” (Bazz)

“What!?” (Rascal)

“…” (Herlin)

The massacre paused, as they looking upward.

“Dammit!” (Rascal)

“Fuck!!” (Bazz)

They cursing since their situation were very bad. They have been in difficult to resist this devil, now this green bright orb!

This place isn’t that far from city.

That green orb had indicated their location to everyone. It wouldn’t long before knight besiege this place.

They have to escape quickly, but couldn’t since they afraid they’ll be stabbed to death if they show their back to this demon.

Bazz and Rascal grimace uglily.

“…” (Herlin)

It wasn’t long for Herlin to be distracted. Soon, the massacre continued.

““Fuck off!!!” (Bazz, Rascal)

Arc watching them.

“So, what we’ll do now?” (Arc)

“Huh?” (Misha)

“Either we wait until knights arrive at this place or we should help Herlin.” (Arc)

“That…” (Misha)

There a slight hesitation in her heart. Just when Misha will answer, a small hand tugging their clothes.

““What?””

Arc and Misha respond in unison.

“Master, there are more.” (Raina)

She pointing to the distance.

Like what she pointed out, Arc felt many presences coming toward their direction. There several with strong aura mixed up among them.

Second Rank Mana-User.

“Got it… Seem you didn’t need to answer, Misha.” (Arc)

“Wait a minute, Arc. Why is that you are the one that reply Raina?” (Misha)

“We’ll talk about that later.” (Arc)

“Hey, wait, Arc!” (Misha)

“…” (Raina)

Arc ran toward Herlin direction, followed by Misha and Raina afterward.

A group of six men arrived.

From their aura, all of them are Warriors. Five First Rank and one Second Rank.

Herlin coldly observing the newcomers.

Bazz and Rascall that saw the little reaper no longer pay them attention, grouping with their reinforcement immediately.

Seeing the enemy number and strength, Herlin felt threatened. She raised her hand, and cast a magic.

[Rise]

A dark violet light shot from her hand, hit the corpses on the ground.

“““!!!”””

Everyone shocked with the next development.

“Grahh!!”

“Ahhh!”

“Uuooo!!!”

The littered corpses risen. Their lifeless eyes, cold pale and expressionless face, and the fresh wound that still there, indicated they are just lifeless body, not someone that come back from death.

“Necromancer!!???”

“The cursed witch!??”

Enemy group started to threw curses in fears.

[Move My Servant]

With her command, the corpses rushing toward enemies.

The battle between mysterious robed men and them continued.

“““…”””

Arc, Misha, and Raina staring Herlin with a hard look. Watching her suddenly controlling corpses like puppets gave them a fright. They started to doubt if she still Herlin.

Although Misha feels a fright, she still gathers her courage to call Herlin.

“Herlin, what is them?”

Herlin just gave her a glance before give a concise answer.

“……Puppet Corpses……”

“Is that so…”

Puppet Corpses.

Arc and Misha knew what kind magic it that.

They had read in an old literature. Puppet Corpses is a necromancy magic. Any magic that related with necromancy categorized known as forbidden magic.

By how she replied, the current Herlin really different from the usual Herlin.

Fortunately, those corpses didn’t attack them and she still answer Misha’s question, showing the Herlin they knew somewhat still inside there.

Misha sighed out relief.

The battle raging.

Surprisingly, the both camps were tied. Though those robed men have many Warriors, they still have great deal to eradicated the corpses. The puppet corpses tenacious and mindless, wouldn’t stop attacking until they completely destroyed.

Even more frightening, the number puppet will keep increasing with every death of enemy.

However––

Even though the corpses were tenacious and numbered more than enemy, they are still too weak. Not long after the puppet corpses got rid all the weak enemy, they start getting pushed back by the remaining robed men.

All the remaining enemies are Warriors, stronger than normal robed men.

“…”

Seeing it, Herlin who still in weird state rushed to enemy between the gap of puppet corpses formation.

Seeing that, Arc also moved.

“Misha, Raina. I will deal with them.” (Arc)

“…”

Raina following him.

Slightly late, Misha also following them.

The night still long.

1