Chapter 34 – The Dream of Fox
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How nostalgic.

It’s unknown, yet familiar scenery.

A dream like kind world.

Yeah.

This is the same dream that keeps appearing lately.

The dream of starry night sky. The boundless void horizon as far as eyes could see.

This rather mysterious experience.

Without his notice, he was already here. He doesn’t know since when he was here, nor how could he appear.

However, he not only not panicked, he also felt warm and secured. An indescribable experience that couldn’t tell with word.

He turned around, saw a beautiful nine-tailed white fox laying on the ground.

Realizing his presence, the fox snorted, and risen from the ground.

It then jumped, spun in the air. Changed its appearance into a beautiful silver-haired girl.

He dazedly looking at her.

Beautiful and graceful like a moon.

That’s his true impression of her.

That silver-haired girl landed beside him, curiously staring at him, and sniffing his body.

He felt awkward with the girl weird act.

???

It’s weird.

For some reason, he felt familiar with her and situation. Almost as though he had met her before in similar situation.

He sure it’s the first time he met her.

The fox girl’s stature was petite. Her white hair falling down like a water flow. Those blue eyes were clear without a speck of haze, as if it could see the deepest secret he was hiding.

As she was humanized, her fox ears and tail, the characteristic of her true form still remained. Those ears that cutely fluttering, bewitching him to touch them.

Stop.

There isn’t time for that now.

Then he found that not just her appearance that unique as he keeps observing her.

The garments she was wearing were quite particular ones.

It’s combination of white shirt with long sleeve with red long skirt. There’s a red ribbon tied at the end of her silver hair.

That’s an attire he never seen before.

The silver-haired fox girl seemed have satisfied her curiosity toward him, as she turned around, and walk away.

……

His head tilted.

He not understands the girl mysterious action.

In this beautiful, yet barren world, there no one else beside that girl.

After looking left and right, he hurriedly strode after her.

That fox girl not minding him following her. Rather, she was smiled happily.

She keeps walking in her pace, as if she totally ignoring him.

He tried to ask several things from her.

Where are they?

What is this place?

Who is she?

But all the questions were answered with a silent smile.

All he could do was frowned.

Something in her expression somewhat gesturing him to keep following her without question.

He sighed.

There seems no other choice. With that, he obediently following the girl behind.

As they strode, his eyes sway, stuck on the girl’s swinging tail. He captivated, wanted to grab it, but quickly held that desire in his heart.

They arrived at particular place.

A strange building and beautiful yard.

There another strange familiarity as he saw the building.

The building looked simply. However, he never saw its architecture, as it built from wood and plant known as bamboo entirely.

The yard filled with beautiful pink flowery trees, giving a particular sense of gentleness and comfort.  

The girl sat on the terrace, patting the floor beside her.

He understood her gesture, and sat beside her.

She back staring at him.

There no sound between them. Her full curious gaze boring on him.

Yet, her gaze somehow not bothering him in slightest.

The girl’s fox ears fluttered.

Unconsciously, his hand stretched out, attempting to pat those fox ears, but luckily managed to halt his hand before he’d touch her.

However, that fox girl seemed not minding him. Or rather, she slightly bowed her head, make it easier for him.

Her gesture showed she accepted him.

Without further hesitation, he caressing the girl’s head.

Those fox ears felt fluffy and comfortably.

The silver-haired fox girl also seemingly enjoying his caressing. Her fox tail swinging happily.

A gentle breeze brushing through his skin.

Pink flower petals flowing in the air.

……

……

A warm atmosphere created between them.

After a while, the girl grabs the hand that caressing her.

Regret flooded as soon he let that.

!!!

He never expecting his mind would be pained as though it’d exploded after she touched him.

He crouched, withhold the pain.

Then, many unknown visions, sceneries, and knowledge flooding inside his mind.

The scene of birth of little fox.

The scene of little fox smiling in the arm of someone.

The scene of the little fox grown into beautiful white fox.

The scene of the white fox stained by dark red blood.

The scene of fox crying sorrowfully under the pale blue moonlight.

After series of those vision, he realized what’s actually he has seen.

This something come from the girl.

What he saw were memories, the long past of the girl.

The dream of past.

The dream of fox.

 

*****

***

*

 

“Haa…” (Arc)

Arc softly yawning.

“Did you not sleep well again, Arc?” (Misha)

From side, Misha asking him with worried looks.

“You understood me very well, Misha?” (Arc)

Arc nod at Misha’s inquiry.

“Arc, is there something wrong? Lately, you seem often lack of sleep.” (Misha)

*Tilted* Okay?” (Raina)

“Are you… fine…?” (Herlin)

Raina and Herlin drew close hearing Misha’s word.

For some reason, Misha and others become very concerned with his condition.

“Aren’t your reaction too exaggerated?” (Arc)

Arc taken aback, exasperated by their excessive reaction. He just lacks of sleep, not wounded, cursed, or something.

Sometimes, he’d woke up in the middle night after a weird dream. Strangely, he always couldn’t remember his dream, just its vague delineation. Not even magic could make him remember. After woken up, he always couldn’t back to sleep. So, he made use his time to train, learning, or something. That’s the reason his lack sleep.

Suddenly, Arc felt shiver on his spine.

“Huh?” (Arc)

“Too exaggerated…?” (Misha)

As soon he heard the cold voice that come from Misha, Arc feel a deep regret and fear.

“Arc!” (Misha)

“Yes!?” (Arc)

Arc jolted by Misha’s sudden rage.

“You think our concern were too exaggerated? You think just how many times our troubles had been brought because similar situation? What if you get wrong carriage and got kidnapped, your things mistakenly swapped then brought big trouble, or your personality suddenly change!? Do you think my concern was too exaggerated!!” (Misha)

Misha took deep breathes after finished her fervent speech.

“Uh…Oh…” (Arc)

Arc could only nod intimidated at her barrage speech.

Herlin and Raina also got pushed back by her intimidate aura.

What a heavy conservation this is!

Arc’s head wetted by cold sweat.

Hearing her said all of that filling him with pity for his master.

The first second example come from Misha’s direct sad experiences. The later was Herlin’s case. He heard Herlin suddenly mysteriously changed after long mysterious headache.

Quite colorful experiences if someone ever ask him.

Arc took a glance at silver-haired little girl.

She already returned to her normal state after that night.

“???” (Arc)

It may just imagination, but somehow Herlin’s hair somewhat made him relating it with his dream.

No, more importantly, he must calm Misha down. She looked having more to say.

“Uhm… I-I understand now, Misha… could you please calm down now…?” (Arc)

“No!” (Misha)

Misha grabs his shoulder.

“???” (Arc)

“You clearly haven’t understood what I said. Until my word deeply buried in your brain, I wouldn’t release you!!” (Misha)

What happened!!?

Misha was in weird state now.

It seemed all tension she had accumulated until now have kicked out. And unluckily, it’s burst, and lashed on him.

Why!?

Arc terribly confused. What had he done to trigger her switch?

Fortunately, Miss Arianne –No, it’s wrong– Big Sis Ari, timely came for his rescue.

“You kids, until when you intend to stand outside? Come inside.” (Arianne)

“That’s right. Come on, Misha. Do you heard what Big Sis Ari had said? We must go inside now!” (Arc)

“Oh~.” (Arianne)

“Hmph!” (Misha)

“???” (Arc)

What had he done?

For some reason, Misha become more upset and Arianne excitedly raised a voice.

“Let’s go!” (Arc)

“Hey, wait Arc!” (Misha)

It’d became more confusing for him if Arc just keeping like this, so he chooses to escape from Misha.

“Don’t pull my arm!” (Misha)

Or not.

Unconsciously, he pulling Misha’s arm with him. He really too used with her presence. Arc never realize his act until they went in.

“You two really close…” (Arianne)

Arianne giggled watching their act.

Raina and Herlin exchanges glances, then hurriedly after them.

Arianne’s smile widened.

Then she following them.

 

*****

***

*

 

“So, do you already know what had sealed our ability that time?” (Saffron)

“Yes, Father.” (Rian)

Rian nodded, placed a bundle of paper on table. He reached a paper, then read it aloud its content.

“This is the report that come from a scholar in Myrd Library.” (Rian)

“Huh, library? Where is that, Brother!?” (Misha)

“……Misha, don’t interrupt.” (Saffron)

“Sorry!” (Misha)

“Continue.” (Saffron)

*Cough*

“…It’s a forbidden strategic magic device called [Miracle Rejector], the nemesis for all-kinds mana-users. It could seal the mana-user from using mana in its range effect. Fortunately, the Miracle Rejector they brought was a defected one, it seemed. Only could dismiss one or two rank of mana-user. Even so, it’s still proven to be fatal.” (Rian)

“Where the hell they got something like that? Who actually are them?” (Emer)

“Is the effect that exaggerated, Brother?” (Arianne)

“Yes, no, it’s more annoying that you could think off. I even got injured by those small fries!” (Emer)

“Emer, calm down.” (Rian)

“Sorry.” (Emer)

Arc observing the meeting, stood still behind Misha.

This meeting for review the information concerning that night raid. Not just Everyne’s here, there several unknown or familiar men participating in this meeting.

Quite late for meeting, if someone ask him.

The meeting couldn’t be done yesterday since people were too busy to appease the chaos of aftermath. The meeting has carried now, as they have leeway and couldn’t be postponed any longer.

Arc got some insight in this meeting.

Like just now, the reason of why his strength suddenly dismissed that night.

What a frightening item.

He already experienced the effect first hand with his body.

Arc hear the information further.

So many confidential information revealed before him just like that.

Misha, who was sitting in front of him, slightly paled by the revelation. She had an expression like seeing a disaster approaching her.

“…” (Arc)

Why he got very bad hunch about this?

Don’t think!

Arc forcibly cut his frightening thought and premonition.

Though, deep inside, he praying for his and Misha’s well-being.

Continue with the information.

This mysterious robed group had been residing in Myrdiana Kingdom shadow for years. This group was relative unknown since there isn’t any report about their activities nor effect to surroundings. The upper echelon also ignoring them since they relative harmless.

But all of that changed two years ago.

This group become active all of sudden in very bad sense. Their activities very harmful and terrorized country. They become most dangerous group in span of two months.

However, their deeds very secretive and hidden from public eyes, even authority could only be playing along to avoid further chaos.

No one know what the purpose of this group.

No one know the identity of this group.

What all they know was this group’s presence in Myrdiana no longer can be tolerated.

The last night raid is the last strand. For them to kill many of Myrdiana nobles, declared them as Myrdiana mortal enemy.

The discussion keeps processing.

Unbeknownst to him, as Arc still busy digesting the amount of information, the topic of discussion shifted to his side.

“Then I’ll tell the reason why I brought my daughter and her friend here.” (Saffron)

““Hmm…”” (Arc, Misha)

Arc and Misha raises their head when Duke Saffron mentioned them.

Finally, that matter have brought up. Both of them actually quite unsettled with the situation. Not knowing as to why they were called here.

They were realized this not something they could involve just because they happen in the middle of it.

By the way, the ‘friend’ that mentioned was Herlin particularly. Arc and Raina were Misha’s personal servant, so they were categorized as her personal belongings.

All the heads in the room turned to them.

“Um… Um…” (Herlin)

Herlin sat beside Misha. She was quite nervous being stare by many people.

“The reason I call them here is because my daughter, her servants, and friend were got kidnapped by those despicable assailants for a moment before rescued. By that time, I believe they had heard something from them that might useful for us.” (Saffron)

“Eh, what!?” (Misha)

“!!” (Arc)

Misha gaped by Duke Saffron’s word. Arc was speechless.

Eh?

That the reason they have brought in?

Just what kind important information they may held?

Arc and Misha inwardly panicked by the turn of event. Somehow, they managed to resist show it on their face.

Of all scenarios they thought of, this is most unexpected one!

Arianne seemed noticed their distress. She getting close to them and whisper:

“Just say whenever you had heard or seen at there, Misha, Little Arc.” (Arianne)

“It’s that fine?” (Misha)

She looking at the surroundings. That isn’t just her, all people that not from Everyne Family also have doubt on their expression.

But Arianne just lightly flapping her hand to Misha’s worry.

“Sure, go ahead. You may not realize it, but whenever you’ll say next will be very important for us.” (Arianne)

“How come?” (Arc)

Arc little surprised by her confidence.

Is it?

They only practically running all of time at that time. Arc doubt they have something that may useful for this.

“Whenever… I’ll say all I know. Don’t blame me if there nothing useful.” (Misha)

Misha said, give in.

*Sigh*

“How could these kids never realize it…?” (Arianne)

Murmur Arianne, watching Misha rise from her seat.

Arc tilted with why Arianne sighed tiredly, and seeing them as if they very ignorant and clueless people.

“Okay, Father. Everyone in this room, my name Misha Everyne. As what my father said, I’ll tell everything I know about them––” (Misha)

Then Misha shares her experience when she was kidnapped to all people in the meeting.

 

1