Chapter 3.5 – A Gift
93 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

––Three days before Misha birthday.

“Here your stuffs, Boy.”

“Thank you for your business as always, Sir Morph.” (Arc)

Arc keep the goods he received in his bag.

When he saw the condition of a particular item, Arc sighed in disappoint.

“Sorry for the sword, Boy.” (Morph)

“It’s okay, not that I placed much hope here to begin with.” (Arc)

“That’s hurt Boy. Your thing damaged my confidence as blacksmith.” (Morph)

Mr. Morph let out his hurtful feeling.

“What in the world is that sword? It’s wouldn’t melt no matter how hot I blazed my furnace is. No matter I checked, it just looked like an ordinary sword.” (Morph)

“…That also something I want to know…” (Arc)

That’s right.

The particularly item Arc entrusted to Mr. Morph is a worn-out ordinary looking sword.

Mr. Morph known as the best blacksmith in Everyne City. Arc send the sword in hope Mr. Morph can repair the sword.

In the end, it’s still futile.

Arc had many times tried repair the sword to several blacksmiths, but all of them failed.

Arc wondering just what in the world the sword is. It might look ordinary, worn-out, and chipped. But the sword very sturdy and resistant. Even Mr. Morph’s furnace can’t melt.

The reason Arc insisting to repair the sword is because it’s been with him since he can remember. And he feels he have strange bond with the sword.

Deep inside him told him the sword very important to him.

Sighed at another failure, Arc packed up his stuffs.

As Arc about exit from the shop, his eyes caught an item atop wooden barrel. His interest pulled since he never saw something like it.

“What is it, Sir Morph?” (Arc)

“Hmm. Oh, that’s a commodity I received from a foreign merchant friend. He said it’s called hookshot.” (Morph)

“Hookshot? Is it something that shoot a hook?” (Arc)

Arc inspecting the item. It’s haves L-shape with a hook and small barrel attached at the end.

“You’re right, Boy. Here, I’ll show you.” (Morph)

Taking the hookshot from Arc, Mr. Morph aiming the hookshot at ceiling, and pulled the trigger.

A hook with string attached to it rocketed up and stuck on ceiling.

Mr. Morph pulled the trigger again. This time, it’s him that pulled up to ceiling. After reached considerable height, the hook unfastened, and Mr. Morph fell.

“Sir! Watch out!!” (Arc)

“Uoooh!” (Morph)

*Buck*

“Ouch!!” (Morph)

Luckily, he didn’t fall on his merchandises. It’d become an irony joke if a blacksmith wounded by his own creation.

“Are you okay, Sir?” (Arc)

“Ouch! That’s hurt. I’m okay, Boy. Rather, how is it?” (Morph)

Quite dangerous, Arc thought.

Arc didn’t immediately decide. He repeating Mr. Morph demonstration in his mind. Without training, it’d hard to using the Hookshot properly. But Arc imagining if he can use it properly, his mobility would increasingly.

After a short consideration, Arc made his decision.

“Sir, may I have that?” (Arc)

“Do you? I mean, sure, you can have it. This thing just sitting duck in my store.” (Morph)

“Thank you.” (Arc)

After paid the item, Arc immediately went back to mansion.

As usual, the road of Everyne City filled with hustle bustle of cheerly people.

As Arc walked past them, the sight of the merchants hawking their wares and buyers tried to haggle the price entering his view.

Arc smiled.

Today, another peaceful day for Everyne territory.

 

*****

***

*

 

––Night after birthday party.

*Puff*

“It’s tiring.” (Misha)

After the party finished, Misha dropped dead on her bed.

*Sigh*

“You must be careful next time, Misha. It’s really embarrassing incident, earlier.”

“Uuhhh… Can we not discuss that?” (Arc)

Misha’s face reddened recalling the incident in her birthday. She managed embarrassing herself in her own birthday.

Fortunately, there’re only her family and servant that attending the birthday. If not, Misha wouldn’t have any face to show up.

Arc standing beside the bed. It’s noticeable his clothes were changed after got dirtied by Misha. Somehow, he looked fresher after leave the party.

In corner of room, placed Misha’s gifts. He then facing Misha, who was buried herself in blanket caused embarrassed.

“Misha.” (Arc)

“……” (Misha)

“There’s something I wanting give to you.” (Arc)

“?” (Misha)

Hearing him, Misha peeked out the blanket.

Arc took out a small box wrapped in cloth. Brought it in front of Misha’s face.

“Happy birthday, Misha. Here your gift from me.” (Arc)

Arc presented his gift with his gentlest smile.

Misha received the gift with somewhat dazzled expression, not expecting a gift from Arc actually.

“A gift… When did you prepared it?” (Misha)

“Several days ago. I bought it from Sir Morph’s place.” (Arc)

“From there, huh?” (Misha)

A slight smile formed on Misha’s face.

From the expensive cloth that wrapping the box, it’s verified Arc’s word. Misha recognized the cloth come from Mr. Morph’s Shop as Misha a loyal customer of him.

The items that coming from Mr. Morph’s Shop isn’t cheap. Arc’s pocket might have been drained up by bought the gift. His action showed his sincerity.

“A-ha-ha. Let’s take look what you given to me.” (Misha)

Misha unwarping the box and took out the gift.

“…This…” (Misha)

A pendant.

It’s a bright blue pendant that matched with Misha’s blue eyes.

“…Thank you Arc…” (Misha)

Misha gave her heartfelt gratitude knowing how precious Arc’s gift is. A blue jewel is very expensive and difficult to obtain, especially with Arc earnings as servant. For Arc bought this gift, it must spend much money and effort to obtain it.

“…Do you like the gift?” (Arc)

Arc inquiring in anxious and expectation.

“Yes, I truly like it.” (Misha)

Misha replied with a beaming smile.

“That’s good.” (Arc)

“…But your gift too expensive, Arc. It must spend all your money. As thanks, I would give you return gift someday.” (Misha)

“That…” (Arc)

When Arc wanted to say ‘there’s no need’, as her smile is enough for him, he swallowed back his word, as he saw Misha’s gaze disallowing him to reject her offer.

Arc then changed his mind.

“……I’ll looking forward.” (Arc)

That night, Misha showed the sweetest smile she ever made to Arc.

Since that night, people always saw Misha wearing a bright blue pendant on her neck.

2