CHAPTER 1
1.5k 14 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soft blue light illuminated what was supposed to be a dark room. The top of the room was filled with tiny rocks that were responsible for the light. The obsidian walls earnestly reflected the light giving the room a perfect balance of not so dark and not so bright light, just perfect for night light.

 

In the middle of the room, a large bed laid on the marble floor. On the headboard, different forms of a bat were carved carefully on the brown wood. On the bed was a man accompanied by beautiful women carelessly sleeping around him. Everyone apart from one woman was soundly sleeping.

 

Her silver hair slightly covered her beautiful face. Shining black eyes affectionately stared at the man she so much adored.

 

"Hehe."

 

A light giggle escaped her beautiful mouth.

 

"What's so funny?"

 

The man asked with his eyes closed. He moved his hands and caressed the woman's hair lovingly.

 

 The woman closed her eyes and let the man do his thing.

 

"Don't worry, I just dreamt of an interesting story."

 

The woman said.

 

"A story that is us."

 

She added in a low tone.

 

...

 

Inside a dark place, a disturbance was ruining what was to be a silent night. Indescribable noise sounded across the large room. On the floor, dark masses that were a mixture of different things rushed together as a vague form formed. The process continued for a while before stopping. A shape had already formed.

 

Suddenly, the shape turned back into a dark mass. The first process repeated itself, and soon the dark mass turned back into something similar to the first shape. The process continued for a ridiculous amount of time before the dark mass seemed to settle for one form.

 

As the noise settled in the room, the final form of the dark mass lay on the floor. It was a strange creature. The creature's body was covered with black fur that extended to its pointy, slightly long ears. The creature's face looked normal? Not cute and not ugly. On what was supposed to be its arms, thin skin stretched to the creature's legs. The skin resembled the wings of a flying animal.

 

Suddenly, the unconscious creature awoke, a small struggle ensued as the creature tried to stand on its tiny feet. The struggle lasted for only a short while before the creature decided to use all its limbs to support itself. After successfully managing to stand on all its fours, the creature looked around the dark room curiously. Though the room was dark, the creature had no problem observing its surroundings. The room was so large that the creature was reminded of its tiny stature, the wall was filled with markings that seemed to tell a story, but the creature paid it no heed.

 

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

 

Little tapping sound reverberated across the room as the creature made its first steps. It didn't take long before the creature discovered it didn't like walking. Its tiny limbs were not made for walking. Tired of walking, the creature instinctively searched for a high spot to rest. Slowly but surely, the creature made its way to the nearest wall. After reaching the wall, the creature used its sharp claws and made its way up the wall.

 

The process continued for a while as the creature would settle for nothing less than the highest point.

 

Suddenly, the creature failed to grasp on the wall as something slippery had covered the area. The creature descended to the ground at a fast speed. In a panic, the creature desperately flapped its front limbs wildly. Its efforts were rewarded as the falling speed visibly dropped. Seeing its effort work, the creature added more strength to its limbs and flapped like crazy.

 

As the creature flapped, the falling speed reduced until it was no longer falling.

 

                Flying is now level one    

 

A sound echoed inside the creature's mind bringing confusion to the latter, though the sudden sound confused the creature, it was too ignorant to care, besides flying was more fun than some random sound, the creature flew in circles around the room as it explored the extent to its newly gained activity

 

*Whoosh* *Whoosh*

 

Sounds of wind brushing against the creature's body as it flew around the room could be heard. The creature discovered flapping harder made its speed increase, but it became tired fast as a result.

 

After a couple of rounds inside the room, the creature's new ability was no longer enjoyable. Flying only brought tiredness, a feeling the creature didn't like. There was only one problem, how was it supposed to stop? The creature tried reducing its speed, but that made it go to the floor, a place it didn't like. 

 

Having no other option, the creature eyed a protrusion on the ceiling. Gathering energy on its wings, the creature made a rush to the protrusion. When it finally reached it, it grabbed it as if its life depended on it. Its front limbs were unable to get a good grasp of the protrusion, but its legs didn't fail it. This resulted in an awkward position for the creature. Its legs were up while its head faced down. It was an awkward position, but the creature didn't find it uncomfortable. 

 

The creature retracted its wings and covered its body with it. Finally, it became comfortable. Having no other thing to do, the creature closed its eyes and slept.

 

As the creature was sleeping, a familiar noise echoed through the room. On the floor of the room, dark masses started coagulating into different forms.

 

The noise awakened the sleeping creature. Much to its annoyance, it slowly opened its slightly red eyes and peered at what was causing the disturbance.

 

The creature watched as new life forms emerged from the dark mass. It watched as a green life form, larger than it, emerged from the dark mass. The green creature had a long bulbous nose on its wrinkly face. The green creature struggled to stand as its head was proportionally larger than its body, making standing a chore. Its short stubby legs struggled to maintain a balance, which it finally achieved after several trials.

 

Behind the first green creature, the hanging creature watched as more green life forms emerged from the dark mass. Not all were the same as the first one, other green creatures were slightly different from the first one. Their faces leaned on the slightly ugly side rather than the full-blown wrinkly face.

 

The process continued for a while until the green skin populated the floor. The hanging creature watched with curiosity as the greenskins struggled to gain their footing and survey their surroundings.

 

Suddenly, the first green skin attacked the one nearest to it. The attacked one didn't seem surprised by the situation as it retaliated without hesitation. It made a disgusting war cry and threw its short thick body at its attacker. The latter didn't expect this as the other green skin jumped on its head that was already the limit its legs could handle. Being unable to bear the additional weight, the green skin's legs gave in and it fell to the ground unceremoniously.

 

The green skin that had jumped on the other one now had the high advantage. Its natural, cunning face became more disturbing as its lips curved into a smile revealing its rugged teeth. The green skin on the ground tried to wildly swing its hands, hoping that its sharp claws could hit a target. This proved to be futile as the other green skin unleashed a fury of punches and scratches on its face.

 

The process continued for a while until the green skin that was on the ground disappeared in a dark mist. The green skin that was left appeared to be confused by the situation, it looked around, but the other green skin was nowhere to be found. Its face suddenly beamed with a smile as it spotted some items where the green skin disappeared from. It made a rush and picked the items. One was a short club with a thickness that receded from the top to the handle. The other item was a brown piece of cloth. Unlike the club, the green skin didn't know what to do with the cloth. It knew the club could help it kill its enemies quickly, but what was it supposed to do with the fabric? 

 

The greenskin didn't notice, but behind it, their fight had caused inspiration on the other green skin as they fought amongst themselves. It was a free for all with the nearest being your greatest enemy.

 

The hanging creature watched as the green skin fought among themselves and killed each other. It felt safe as it was on the roof.

 

Though it wanted to get down, its instincts warned it wouldn't be a pleasant experience, that plus the hanging position was way too comfortable, it was reluctant to abandon its relaxed position.

 

Being unwilling to move, the creature let out a yawn and slowly closed its eyelids that were getting heavier by the moment. It didn't take long before it was asleep again.

 

*Whoosh* *Thud*

 

The sound of something rushing through the wind and hitting something awakened the hanging creature. Its eyes quickly opened as its slightly red eyes darted wildly in their socket as they tried to locate the cause of the loud sound.

 

*Whoosh*

 

It didn't take time before it had another sound. It turned its small head covered with fur in the direction of the sound. What it saw was a flying black object rushing in its path.

 

*Thud*

 

This time it didn't need to look at where the sound came from as it resulted from the collision between it and the flying black object.

 

                 You have received damage -3

 

A voice announced in the creature's head. It didn't care as it was dislodged from its hanging position. The creature was no stranger to falling, so it flapped its wings, and its falling seized. Having nowhere to go, the creature flew in circles as it looked vigilantly if another object was coming. The first one was enough to teach the little creature how painful it was to be hit.

 

"Hahahahaha."

 

"Hahahaha."

 

Suddenly, the creature's attention was turned to the ground by a cacophony of weird laughter. The creature saw three green skin holding black objects similar to the one that hit it earlier. The creature was surprised. Did they like the black thing? According to it, the black object brought feelings that were not good.

 

The creature observed the greenskins as it flew around. They were not fighting like before. Right now, they seemed less ugly than before, and one of them wore a piece of brown cloth on its waist.

 

*Whoosh*

 

The creature's thoughts were suddenly interrupted as it saw another black object rushing towards it. It turned its wings and effortlessly dodged the black object.

 

            You have gained a new skill

 

                                                                                                                      Dodge lv 1

 

The creature again ignored the voice as this time it spotted where the hateful black objects were coming from. Since the black objects were coming from the greenskins, it projected its hatred towards them.

 

Knowing no other way to deal with the hatred, the creature made a mad nosedive towards the greenskin responsible for the black object.

       

Hello, hope you're having a nice day. Favorite if you liked it, leave a comment, I'd like to hear your opinion. Also don't forget to rate and add it to your library.

Check out Goblin art.

37