chapter 4
633 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Press that 💜


 *Tap**Tap**Tap**Tap*

Footsteps echoed through the darkroom in quick succession as a greenskin frantically raced towards a particular direction. Behind it, a flying creature was slowly but surely catching up. The flying creature's lack of struggle made the greenskin actions of trying to escape futile.

The creature, having had enough of chasing swiftly and fiercely descended, its back claws aiming at the greenskin's neck.

*AAARRRGGGHHH*

The greenskin shouted as a chunk of its neck flesh was brutally clawed. It fell and rolled on the ground. Through a sheer desire to survive, it got up and tried to make a run for it. The flying creature didn't give it a chance. With an expertise turn of its wings, the creature made a sharp turn and went for the killing move.

*SLOSH*

You have slain a level 7 goblin

Exp x310

Unable to level up as the level cap has been achieved

The familiar screen notified a job well done. There was only one problem. After all the hunting, the creature didn't feel a strength increase. Its low comprehension didn't help it through the predicament, so it flew to the roof and landed head facing down.

Soon, the creature shut its eyelids and dozed off. But, suddenly, a voice it wasn't accustomed to woke it up. Slowly, its eyelids opened to reveal the black- red eyeballs darting around trying to locate the cause of the voice. Its actions were pointless as it wasn't able to spot anything other than the empty darkness.

"Hello, can you hear me?" The voice sounded again.

This time, the creature was able to determine the source. Its origin was the same as the other voice that always sounded whenever it killed a greenskin.

"What am I even doing talking to a newborn?"

"All right, how am I supposed to do it again..ehh..status!"

The voice sounded as a familiar yet complex screen appeared in its vision. Much to its surprise, as through its limited intelligence, it had related the screen appearing to killing, so the screen appearing without it doing anything was a surprise.

General information

          Attributes

            Class

Name

???

STR +

16

CHR

100

Name

Level

Progress

Race

Bat

DEX +

14

VIT +

20

Bat +

10/10

100%

Sex

Male

AGI +

13

 

 

 

 

 

Age

0, seasons

INT

6

 

 

 

 

 

Hp

120/120

END +

12

 

 

 

 

 

Mp

120/120

MNT

20

 

 

 

 

 

Attribute points:  36

 

skills                                               

Name

level

proficiency

Flying

5

86%

Dodge

2

22%

Predator

4

64%

"I think ten should do."

General information

          Attributes

            Class

Name

???

STR +

16

CHR

100

Name

Level

Progress

Race

Bat

DEX +

14

VIT +

20

Bat +

10/10

100%

Sex

Male

AGI +

13

 

 

 

 

 

Age

0,seasons

INT

6(+10)

 

 

 

 

 

Hp

120/120

END +

12

 

 

 

 

 

Mp

120/120

MNT

20

 

 

 

 

 

Attribute points:  26

"Now, it's only a matter of time before we can have a proper conversation," the voice spoke with evident excitement.

The creature was still in a daze as screen after screen appeared in its vision. From start to end, it remained passive.

Suddenly, the creature winced as slight pain assaulted its tiny mind. Vague memories that were slowly becoming clear filled its mind, some of the memories it had already forgotten like the memory of itself crawling from the dark mass, its first kill. It remembered clearly how the goblin used a club to send it flying to a wall. Everything, from its birth to the current time, was remembered.

"Don't worry, the pain is only for a moment," the voice suddenly softly soothed the creature though the pain it felt was negligible.

After everything was done, the nameless bat experienced no change apart from the slight sentient look it was giving off.

"Now that you're able to learn things... I guess it's time I teach you the basics of language and simple communication."

"Though it will be you listening to my  endless talk."

The bat wasn't given a break as the voice broke into a long talk of randomness. It could do nothing but listen as even sleep was denied.

You have gained a new skill

language understanding

Skill description: learn any language after significant exposure to it. Learning speed depends on different factors.

The screen appearance marked the stop of the voice's monologue.

"Oh... you've already learned the skill? And here I thought I'd need more time... I guess it can't be helped," the voice said with excitement.

"I should introduce myself now that you can understand me."

"Ilhena of the witches... you better remember it."

The bat kept silent, not that it could speak even if it wanted to.

"After your first evolution, we should be able to speak."

Suddenly, the screen appeared in the bat's vision, followed by a momentary silence.

The unprepared no name was suddenly subjugated to extreme pain. The pain was so unbearable that its mind instantly shut down to avoid registering the pain. The bat lost consciousness as its grip on the roof loosened.

Slowly, it fell to the ground. Halfway, a shadowy silhouette with feminine curves appeared out of thin air and gently held the creature before carefully putting it on the ground with care as if she was handling the most fragile thing.

The silhouette watched as the creature's body expanded and elongated. She could only imagine how such a process would be painful if the creature were not unconscious.

Suddenly, the woman extended her arm towards the bat,a stream of dark energy transferred from her arm to the creature's body. She knew her actions were needless as the creature would have never entered an evolution state if it lacked energy, but one could never be too careful. The creature was too precious to her. She couldn't afford careless mistakes.

After an unknown amount of time, the bat finally woke up from its slumber. Opening its eyes, the first thing it discovered was how far it could see. Its front limbs that were previously nothing but wings changed. Now it had hands? Paws? Whatever they were, five sharp knife-like claws extended from them. Its wings spread from its forearm to its legs that had also elongated. Though not as much as the front limbs giving the bat a slanting posture when it stood on all its fours.

The creature wasted no time and tried its new body. With a slight jump, it took to the skies. Controlling its body perfectly needed practice, so it flew in circles.

After a while, the bat got tired of flying around and hung on the roof. Suddenly, it spoke its first words.

"STATUS."

It was more of a shout rather than a speech. The bat was most familiar with the word as it was the word it heard the voice speak before the screen appeared.

Without failure, the screen appeared on command.

General information

          Attributes

            Class

Name

???

STR +

16

CHR

100

Name

Level

Progress

Race

Lesser bat

DEX +

14

VIT +

20

Lesser bat

1/20

0%

Sex

Male

AGI +

13

 

 

 

 

 

Age

0,seasons

INT

6(+10)

 

 

 

 

 

Hp

120/120

END +

12

 

 

 

 

 

Mp

120/120

MNT

20

 

 

 

 

 

Attribute points:  26

Skill list

Name

Level

Proficiency

Flying

5

86%

Dodge

2

22%

Predator

4

64%

Language understanding (new)

N/a

N/a

Screech (new)

1

0%

Air dash (new)

2

0%

Don't forget to favorite.

32