Chapter 9: Nanny knows Best!
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nanny, where are you going?" Isolde asked, looking at her Nanny who was about to exit their house.

"Nanny is going to town, young one!" Irma said, looking at Isolde.

" Can I come?" Isolde asked with hopeful eyes.

" I'm sorry, but it's safer for you to be here," Irma said to Isolde, who was disappointed.

" Awwhhhhh," Isolde said.

" Now, Now I promise to bring you more bread!" Irma said to Isolde who was slightly enlightened by this.

" Ok...." Isolde said.

Irma then ventures out of the village while Isolde stayed in the house looking at Irma slowly went far to be seen at the window.

Isolde then noticed a little lizard on the window.

" Hello, Mr. Lizzard what are you doing?" Isolde asked the lizard who was standing at the window.

The Lizard had no response.

" I bet you're lonely,...well me too.." Isolde said.

The Lizard had no response, though I don't think Isolde knows lizards don't talk.

" Don't be shy! You can talk to me," Isolde said to the lizard.

And the Lizard, once again, had no res[pnse.

" Say...do you think I should follow Nanny or no?" Isolde asked the Lizard.

The Lizard had no response and was only staring at her

" We have the same minds! I should follow Nanny, THANK YOU, Mr. Lizard!!" Isolde said, exiting the house.

The Lizard then crawled out of the window.

__________________________________________________________________

Isole then went to town with no one with her.

The town almost had no people in it with few people outside who were only chatting and murmuring, and Isolde urged finding her Nanny.

Meanwhile, Irma was there talking to someone. She went to town to know more information on what has been happening.

Hmm, all I know is that Queen Elizabeth has ensured us that they will capture the Shadow Empress," the young woman said, who was talking to Irma, who asked her about the scandal.

" But if you ask me, the Queen of the Light Fairies is lying...last time she said that the Shadow Empress was killed but turns out it was all fake, even her speeches were fake.?" The old woman beside the young woman said.

" I agree." the young woman said.

" Thank you for your information, Mrs. and Ms. Rosaria," Irma said, who was listening and taking down notes.

Irma almost asked half of the town who was outside...she only got a few important pieces of information about this since most people were afraid of going outside.

Irma was getting worried about how she could get more information when she felt something on her back.

She saw a guy with a ragged robe, showing for her to follow him. She was hesitant at first, but then the hooded guy said.

" If you want to know more information, then follow me." the hooded guy said.

She taught about all the pros and cons and decided to follow him, for she did not have any choice. Irma was desperate for information. She wanted to protect the child she now calls her own.

The hooded man led Irma to a small tunnel. It was dark and creepy and very eerie, it felt like someone was murdered. Irma had a second choice whether it was the right decision on following the man. The hooded man finally stopped walking and brought out a knife with blood on it.

" I think I will just go back to the town..." Irma said

" ...." the man had no response he was going closer and closer to Irma, holding the knife with blood dripping on the floor.

" Please don't kill me.." Irma said, closing her eyes, preparing for something to happen.

" I need to wash my knife..I hunted down pigs...mind stepping aside?" the hooded man said

Irma then noticed the water system inside the tunnel and stepped aside.

The man then started lighting up the tunnel with magic, which shocked Irma. There was a table at the center of the tunnel, a cabinet, and even a couch. It looked like a normal house.

" Come sit." the hooded man said, who was sitting at the table.

Irma then walked to the table and sat on the table

" May I ask who are you?" Irma said.

"That's not important...." the man said.

"Are you a magical being?" Irma asked.

The man then lifted his sleeves and revealed a mark. It was a mark that only the Shadow Nymphs have.

" You 're a Shadow Nymph?!??" Irma asked in surprise.

" I know you must be scared-" the hooded man said who was cut short by Irma.

"Oh no, I'm not scared it just surprised me that there are Shadow Nymphs who lived on earth," Irma said.

"Oh of course there are...Shadow Nymphs are scattered around the earth. Though most of them live on Shadow Town or near Shadow Town." the hooded man said.

" That's a surprise," Irma said.

" Anyway, I heard you want to know what has been happening recently?" the hooded man asked

"Yes.."

" I'm going to give you just that," the man said

" What's in it for you?" Irma asked, assuming there was something he would hope for.

" Oh, nothing...just protect that baby at all costs." the hooded man said, smiling.

"H-how..." Irma asked, shocked.

" I have my ways..." the hooded man said, smiling sheepishly.

"How can I trust you?" Irma asked.

"Well, you shouldn't...but you have no other choice, do you?" the man said

Irma had no response, for the man was right: half of the townspeople didn't want o talk about this issue.

" Anyway, want some tea?" The man said, smiling.

" Um, no thank you," Irma said.

" Right ...I should get to the point, which do you want to hear first good news or bad news?" The hooded man asked.

"Tha bad news?" Irma said

" The bad news is that the Queen already had capture 80/100 girls in the Light Empire."

Irma was shocked by this and was left speechless.

"The Queen has been searching all 100 girls these past few weeks, and the bad news is that it's going well..." the hooded man said.

"I-I'm," Irma said, trying to find the right words.

"The Good news is that...there's no good news," the man said

"How is that good news?" Irma said, now frustrated.

" Also, there were rumors that 2 girls from Shadow Town are on Earth, so the Queen advised the townspeople to stay inside their homes." The man said.

"They found us..." Irma whispered to herself

" What did you say?" the man asked, who did not hear what Irma said.

"N-nothing," Irma said,

" May I ask how do you know all of this information?" Irma asked.

" Some things are meant to be a secret,.." the man said, smiling.

" I understand...thank you for this kind gesture," Irma said.

" Not bad for a Shadow Nymph, huh?" The man said,.

" Of course...May I ask what's your name?"

"Call me Alberto..." the man said

"That name is oddly familiar..." Irma said while the man was grinning.

" Thank you, Alberto.... shall take my leave now," Irma said, standing up and leaving the tunnel.

"Take care of that child..." the man said as he had now removed his hood and revealed that he was the one and only...Baron Alberto.

0