Chapter 10: Her Second Chance in Life
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12 years later,

" Katheryn!! Come down here!" A woman said, who seemed angry.

"I'm coming!!" the girl named Katheryn said.

"Pay your rent!" the woman said. 

The woman looked very stubby and old. She had a mean look on her face that seems like she had it since she was a baby.

" I'm sorry but-" 

"If I haven't found you in the forest, you would have died! You owe me, big time! young lady!" the woman said

" But Mrs. Loughty...You know I somehow had amnesia and I am very thankful you saved me!" The girl said, smiling.

"Yeah, yeah, now go cook breakfast!!!!!" Mrs. Loughty said.

The teenage girl then agreed. She then went to the kitchen and lighted the fuel.

"Shoot! We're out of ingredients!" the teenage girl said.

The teenage girl had long black hair and black pupils.

"Uh...Mrs. Loughty? we're kinda out of ingredients," the girl said to the old lady who was knitting wool.

" Then go outside and buy us food, young lady!" Mrs. Loughty said.

 "But I don't have money..." the girl said

"Well, Look For Money!!!! Mrs. Loughty said.

"Right...Right." the teenage girl said.

The teenage girl then went outside to go to the village.

This girl was called Katheryn, a girl who doesn't know what happened to her childhood and doesn't know what her name even was. Mrs. Loughty and her husband found her lying dead in the forest. 

Mrs. Loughty's husband, Mr. Loughty, insisted they take care of the child, for Mr. Loughty always wanted a child of his own. When the girl woke up, she didn't know what her name was and who was her parents...the only name she remembers was Katheryn and Irma, though she didn't know who these people were she assumed that her real name was Katheryn.

Mr. Loughty and Mrs. Loughty from then on called the girl "Katheryn". Though Unfortunately, Mr. Loughty died from a terrible sickness; from now on her life became a living hell. 

Katheryn was walking through the village with some villagers greeting her. She was walking and thinking about how to get money when some familiar girl showed up.

"KATHERYN!!" a familiar girl said while running towards Katheryn.

"Oh, it's you, Estella! Ran away from home again?" Katheryn said to a girl with blonde hair and a slim figure.

"Of course! Mom doesn't let me out again after the incident 12 years ago." Estella said.

" What was the incident years ago?"

" Well, I was stealing a doll with this little girl on the town of Solaris and was caught,...shame that I didn't meet her again. Estella said.

" Town of Solaris?" Katheryn said, confused.

" Oh, my father was having a business trip to that town. There were rumors that the portal to the Light Empire and the Shadow town was there," Estella said.

Estella and Katheryn lived in another town called Bellmare. It was near to Katheryn's original home, Solaris.

Katheryn was about to ask another question but was cut by Estella. 

"No more, questions, please," Estella said and Isolde smiled.

" Anyway, why are you in town today?" Estella asked.

" Oh, I have to buy food, though I don't have money.." Katheryn said

" Then we do it the old-fashioned way," Estella said with an evil smirk

"Huh?"

"You know, the method we do to pay your rent," Estella said with a wink.

"Oh, why didn't you say so.." Katheryn said with a sly smirk

5 minutes later.....

"Hey, ma'am, want to buy this necklace? It's made with pure golf and genuine diamonds.!" Estella said, talking to a random lady.

"Hm, how much is it?" 

"It costs 1500 bits," Estella said,

" Why is it so expensive.?" the Lady asked

"" Miss, as I said earlier, this necklace is made of real jewels!" Estella said.

"Hm...Sure I need something to show off anyway," the Lady said, handing over the coins and Estella handing the necklace and the Lady placed it in her bag in which Katheryn secretly took behind her back.

Both girls then ran away to the lady before she even noticed her bag was gone.

They ran into the park and then sat at the bench.

"Did you get the bag?" Estella asked.

"And the necklace, "Katheryn said, taking out the necklace n the purse

"There they're the kids who stole my bag!" the lady said, who was near to them, leading the guards.

"Oh, shoot-" Estella said.

"Run!" Katheryn said.

Both of them ran, carrying the purse of the Lady

"That Lady followed us!!" Katheryn said while running.

"Yeah!!" 

'You know you remind me of someone I'm supposed to know." Estella said.

"Yeah Enough, the chitchat and run faster!!" Katheryn said

"Watch Out!" Estella said to Katheryn, who was running through a crowd of people.

" WOAH!" The Crowd said as Katheryn and the other old lady fell to each other.

"Sorry," Katheryn said to the old woman and helped her stand up.

"It's ok young chi-"

"Katheryn, let's go!" Estella said, cutting the old lady

Kathryne and Estella then ran endlessly until they finally lost the guards.

The Human guards then immediately caught up.

"Uhhh, not this again..." Estella said when they were surrounded.

"If only I have magic-" Katheryn said as she started blasting off the guards with magic.

" WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU COULD DO THAT?" Estella said

"I-I didn't know I could do that- let's just run," Katheryn said

The two girls ran for their lives as they finally lost track of the Guards.

"Phew, we lost them.." Estella said.

"Yeah and were also lost..." Katheryn said as Estella and she realized they were lost in the woods.

" We must've run through the forest-" Estella said.

"Wait- this is the Solaris forest- I remember it in my childhood," Estella said...

"Soooo you could get us out of here?" Katheryn said, hopefully,.

" Maybe??" Estella said and then it started raining.

"But not in this rain-" she added

"Ok- Let's go find shelter first," Katheryn said.

The Girls then walked in the rain to find shelter but then they suddenly found an old familiar cottage.

" Oh, would you look at that a cottage!" Estella said.

" Come on, maybe we could ask the owner if we could stay!"

" But why does this cottage look familiar?" Katheryn said while following Estella.

Estella then knocked on the door, but no one answered.

"Um hello is anyone there?" Estella said as she realized the door was open...

"Mind if I come in?" Estella said and when she came in there was no person in there.

" Oh, this place is vacant! We could stay here until the rain goes! Estella said to Katheryn.

Katheryn then came in and unknown memories suddenly came to her.

"This place is messy, but we're only staying here till the rain goes," Estella said

Katheryn then went inside a room with bookshelves on it.

" What is this place?" Katheryn said.

"It's probably a bedroom of a person who likes to read," Estella said.

Katheryn then came in and noticed the label on the bookshelves.

"Property Of Robert Lenoir," Katheryn said

"Must be the owner of the house-"

"Katheryn, look, I found a letter!" Estella said and Katheryn immediately went outside and went to Estella.

" What does it say?" Katheryn asked.

_________________________________________________________________

To my dearest Isolde.

If you are reading this, it means you have come to an age to know the truth. At that point, I might be terribly sick, or possibly dead. You have to know that you are a special girl. A girl who's in danger. You are the reincarnation of the Shadow Dragon, and you will rule the Shadows. I know you won't turn bad as your first life does and I know when the time comes, you will bring peace instead of bringing war.

Love, Your Dad

_________________________________________________________________

"Who is Isolde?" Katheryn asked with a curious look.

0