Chapter 6: The New Beginning
383 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ars sat on a chair with a pair of long table, other figures also sat on their perspective chair via holograph, after the discovery of a planet in a star system that is suitable for living; after the establishment of the new interim givernment, Ars assigned some of his trusted staffs to new departments, and now Ars and the appointed leaders of the new established departments is about to begin the meeting, together with the civilian representatives and the 88th fleet.

The people present in the meeting are:

Governor-General Ars Al Sieux - Interim Government Head - 89th Fleet's General.

General Frank Weber - Military Maintenance and Operations

Major General Hanna Luxbergh - Military Police chief 

Brigadier General Samson Smith - Anti-Criminal Department

Dr. Lester Santos - Health Department

Lady Alexa von Trious - Civilian Representative

Dr. Willie Wayner - Science and Technology 

It was more than a week since and interim government was established, the fleet is currently orbiting around the discovered planet.

Ars begun to speak, "I thank everyone for participating in this meeting, as everyone knows, since the previous battle against the bugs, we decided to space warp towards a random direction" he cleared his throat and continued, "We tried to contact the HQ and the other figures that our comms can reach, however until now, there's still zero response, we already made an interim government, under the empire's constitution, a Governor-General will be appointed in times of emergencies, or the fall of our nation, to ensure that there will be no abuse of power, the interim government will be leaded by various department heads, and has the power to overthrow the Governor-General via vote when it abuses its power".

Alexandra whose beside him, hand to him a small remote, Ars pressed a certain button, and it shown the planet that they discovered a few days ago.

"As everyone knows, a few days ago, while we're traveling across this random galaxy, we saw a potential habitable planet while traveling, our first research team did some evaluations and researchs, they concluded that it is indeed a habitable planet, it has water and land, its main gases were nitrogen, oxygen and other gases such as carbon dioxide, after the science and research department was established, they thoroughly studied the planet, and discovered that there's a civilized society in this planet".

Everyone was shocked, it was then shown a holographic image of small villages and cities, Ars continued, "As you can see, there are settlements displayed, and if you look at some villages and cities, it's similar to that of medieval era in our former planet Earth, so i want everyone's opinions on this and as to how we should interact with them".

Everyone in the room begun to talk to each other, the one person answered, it was Lady Alexa von Trious, representative of the civilians, "How about we send diplomats?" She said.

Everyone pondered about the idea, then some raised a hand and it was Dr. Willie Wayner, he begun to speak, "Lady Alexa's suggestion is a formal form of forming a formal diplomatic relation" he paused, "However, we can't make a diplomatic relationship due to us are just simply refugees". He said.

General Frank also talked, "He's right, however i suggest that we should not inform them that we are aliens who flees from their homes, we should build our base first to a safe location and work on the civilians" he said, everyone nodded.

Ars speaks, "I agree, if i were them, and a random pizza like object flew above their homes and says 'we just want to be friends', i don't think they would believe us, we need to cover up our origin, and build our operation bases, we can decide the next plans after we have a solve our problems first".

Ars displayed a holographic island, "While the science department was studying the planet, they saw this spear shaped island sorrounded by separate islands and mountain ranges, there is a high posibility that this island is unexplored, they saw multiple galleon like ship wreck on the ranges and islands, it seems there are explorers who tried to explore that area but failed", he said.

Ars stood from his seat, "Everyone, i would like you to vote wether we settle in this island or elsewhere?".

All of them thinks carefuly, Dr. Lester Santos speaks, "If it is true that there are none anykind of intelligent people in that island, then i guess it's fine to settle there, also the islands and ranges serves as a natural defense for this island, i wanted to do some research and make medicines first becuase our stock are limited" he said.

"Indeed, we should build our base first, we also need to ensure the safety of our civilians, that island is a perfect place for us, all we need is just to move there unnoticed". 

Lady Alexa speaks, "I agree, the civilians in the Battlecruiser Eve cannot wait any longer, they number 60,000 people in there, some civilians werr transported to other ships, we need to build settlements for the civilians", she said.

Ars nodded, "I understand, so is there still any suggestions or opinions? Anyone?" Ars looked at the people in front of him, "Alright, so i assume that everyone here agrees to settle in that island?". Everyone nodded.

"I see, it's decided then, we will our first step is to fully control the island first, build settlements, food resources, department buildings, and energy sources" he paused before continuing, "First i will make some laws before we go down there, Lt.General Alexandra whose beside me will send the documents in your tab; I think that's it for today, we have 2 days to prepare, everyone is dismissed now".

Eveyone stood on their chairs and bowed before replying, "Yes, your excellency".

The holographic images of the head departments faded, Ars stood from his chair and started to walk with Alexandra beside him.

==

Sargeant Adams blakely is eating his breakfast, today's meal consists of bread, sauted vegetables and pork, coffee and some dried fish, normally they eat more kind of meals a day, however due to the numbers of civilians in the Battlecruiser Eve needed to feed, their meals was reduced, though he doesn't mind as long as he had something to eat.

While enjoying the food, his squad walks towards hit and sat on the vacant seats, "Hi there sarge, looks like you're enjoying that sarge,is it good?", Corporal Mikey Santos said.

Adam replied, "It's good, so eat your fill and enjoy it".

Mikey sat and looked at Adam's face with a serious expression, "What are you lookin' at?" Adam said.

"Nothing sarge...it's just you're somewhat weird today..."

Adam chuckled, "Well you see, it seems that the said habitable planet is suitable for us, the leaders of the interim government had a meeting and decided that we will land and settle in a certain island".

"Oh i see, so what of it?" He said.

Adam has a 'wtf' expression on his face, "Does the long travel on space makes your brain shrinked? Can you just look at the people's face expressions here! They're like depressed sad boys, seeing those faces every single time somewhat irriatated me, and finally everybody can breath freash air and calm their brains".

"Ahh, so that's what those laws are for huh" Mikey said.

Adams, "Yeah, wait...what are those new laws again?".

Mikey laughed, "Sargeant, you're always late in terms of news silly you, anyway those laws are; Anti-Technology and Studies Leakage Law, to prevent any kind of technological, scientific, studies or research from getting leaked on the outsiders, only the governor-general can decide what type of informations or tech can be used or shared, and also the Protocol-1 which does not allow the civies to roam free and to rebel against the government and many more".

Adam was intrigued by the new laws, "Is this dictatorship?".

Mikey chuckled, "The department heads approved the new laws y'know? And it is a reasonable law, civies can sometimes go crazy when they're bored, well in any case, the interim gov cam judt blew their heads off by activating the chips inside their brain".

Adams frowned, "That's overkill".

Mikey shook his head, "You're too soft sarge, you see, back on earth it is said that us, humans were at fault as to why our former planet go nuts, humans build and experimented, mined, cutted, and pollutes the air here and there, humans was the parasite of earth that caused its death, so humans must be controlled by any means, especially at times like this".

Adams sighed and continues to eat his meal, "Oh well, i hope everything goes fine".

==

The whole fleet consists of the 88th and 89th fleet, finished their preperations to land, they are to land on the middle of the designated island, the area is a wide circled plains sorrounded with tall mountains and forests, there's also lakes and rivers, the military base and the main government buildings will be built on the designated landing area, the residential and commercial areas will be outside the landing area, here are plans already to build fortifications on the landing area, that will be serve as the capital, meanwhile plans for the residential areas will be sorrounded with 25 meters concrete wall, the resident's houses designed to be similar to the famous cities of Paris of France and Venice in Italy, the futuristic style of infracstructures was rejected by the parliament, the plan is simple, to not look so different to the other civilization in this planet and to provide simple accomodation for the civilians, the 10,000 hectares of land will be constructed to make a city enough to house a population of 2 million people.

Farms and Energy Facilities will be located outside the city, the northern part of the island which has a vast lake that flows from north to south, a hydroelectric power dam was suggested by the STRD to be built in the future, the damn will be built using concretes and reserve black metal to ensure the dam will not break, a 2,000 meters damn with a height of 150 meters, it is expected that the dam can produce 20,000MGw, more than enough to provide energy for the future city and small towns, farms, ports and villages, wind mills and solar power enegies will also be built in the future.

Ars reads the documents on his desk, he's satisfied with the plan, he ordered Alexa to inform the civies about the future plans, thankfully, none of them complained and was relived that they be back on land, the laws were also explained to them, though there are some who complained, none of them was brave enough to disobey.

" I guess that's what happens when you're threatened that your head would explode if you disobey huh... " he thought.

Ars also made some military reforms, and after they have built the city, he will make the military service mandatory, he doesn't know if the peolple down there has somekind of witchery or any danger that can harm his people.

Then the ship started to move, "So it started huh...".

Ars looked on a holographic video which shows the other ships to move as well, they are now to begin the landing operation.

==

A/N: I will be releasing 2 chapters, first one in the afternoon and the next is between 11 or 12 midnight.

9