Chapter 7: Arrival
358 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Captain Cedric, a merchant, was sailing the sea of the east pass, his ship is carrying various products such as fruits, ores, tea and spices from Sol, they are now heading to the Northern Kingdom to sell their products.

The sea is calm tonight, Cedric was on the side of the ship as he stood, watching the calm tide and brilliant stars.

One of his crew approached and spoke to him, "Such a scene is rare in this sea, the sky is very clear and the moon and star illuminated the sea".

Cedric agreed, "That's true, in my whole voyage on this sea, this is the first time i've seen such beautiful sight".

"I hope, the next time we sail back to Sol we won't encounter storms or bad weather".

Cedric glanced to him, "Indeed, it was very difficult to sail in this sea when the weather is bad, most of the ships that dared to sail here during bad weather sunk".

The crew looked at the rock islands on the left, "The rocky islands sorrounding Sol, make it difficult for the sailors to cross the sea safely". 

Cedric nodded, "If there were no rocky islands sorrounding this whole area to the north-west, the merchant ships could cross from north to the center of the continent, without sacrificing life across the sea dragon pass" he said.

The two continued their conversation, not long after, one of the crew of his ship, who was at the top of the sail, shouted at him, "Captain, I see strange lights in front of us!".

Cedric's attention was turned to his crew, he took his spyglass and used it to see from a distance, he saw red lights at first it was just one, but as time went on, more and more strange lights appeared, he suddenly remembered that the ship is heading towards the direction of the lights, Cedric hastily ordered his crew to change the direction of the ship.

His crew moved quickly, they turned the ship back, "Faster!" Cedric said, Cedric's intuition says that the thing that is the source of strange red lights is dangerous, his intuition had saved him many times, so he doesn't hesitate to run away.

Cedric looked at the source of lights, that thing was getting closer and closer to them, "Bring the slaves here, command them to use wind magic!".

The crews immidiately brought the slaves, they were capable of using wind magic, "Hey hurry up and use use your magic, otherwise you will be punished and not be given food!" threateningly said by the crew.

The skinny and dirty slaves quickly used their magic, afraid of being punished, the slaves raised their hands, a green magical circle appeared, they begun to chant, the magical circle grew and illuminated a green light, air came out of the magical circle, they used it to sail the the ship faster.

Cedric took a deep breath, satisfied with the speed of his ship, he looked at the object of the light source to see if they're far away, 

But to his great surprise, he saw that the object behind them seemed speed up, eventually, they gradually saw the object where the lights came from, it was not a ship, this object was floating in the air.

Based on the speed of that thing, it will only take a few minutes before that thing could get close to them, he looked at the slaves, they are tired and panting, " Shit! The slaves are panting like crazy, our speed is getting slower! ".

Cedric could think of now way to escape, he immidiately ordered them to prepare their weapons, "Turn the ship sideways, prepare the cannons, prepare yourselves for battle!".

The crews prepared the cannons, carried them to the ship's starboard and aimed them at the approaching object.

They waited patiently, after two minutes, the floating object appeared a few hundred meters away.

"Wha— wha...What the hell is that!?", Cedric's face was terrified, as the gigantic object approached, he noticed that it seemed made of iron, black in color and there were objects underneath that look liked large and long irons objects, that seemed to be pointing at them, he assumed that it was a some sort of weapon.

"Wha — what is that thinh!?" His crew yelled

"It's a monster!"

"That thing is getting closer to us!".

His crew begun to panic, afraid of getting killed, some hid out of fear, the slaves were shaking all over and and unable to move, even Cedric could not hide his fear.

Cedric braced himself and calmed his crew, "Don't panic! We have encountered dangers many times, panicking will not help us!".

His crew begun to calm down, "Aim the cannon! Wait for my signal to fire it!".

His crew replied, "Yes, Captain!".

They waited patiently for the approaching object, when they are within range, Cedric was about to signal to fire the cannon,but unable to believe what he saw, that object was not alone, many more large object appeared.

They were all amazed and frightened, they were speechless, and when the moonlit illuminated the flying mosters, they saw it more clearly.

Cedric's jaw was wide open, "Thi — is not a monster...it is the creation of gods, a giant flying fortress!".

Cedric sat in both fear and amazement, we did his crew, some of the slaves fainted in fear, the huge flying fort flew above them, he watched the fortress as they flew above them, and suddenly a strange sound came out of the flying fortress.

*Vooom!, *wooosh

"Waaaah!"

"Wha —what is that sound!?"

"My ears hurts,AHHH!!!"

"AHHHHH HELP!!!"

All of them including Cedric, covered their ears because of the defeaning sound, they lay down, they soon fainted one by one, fainted was about lose his consciousness, before completely fainting, he glanced over the flying fortress before completely lose consciouss.

===

XIS-Napoleon

Ars sat in his chair, inside the bridge while watching the creatures aboard a galleon ship, losing consciousness one by one due to the sound of ion engines of the ships, "Poor them, luckily they will only asleep for hours" he muttered.

Before they got close to them, Ars noticed that the galleon ship turned and tried to run away, he was surprised when the crew of the ship brought persons wearing dirty rags and chains on their necks that seemed to be slaves, they seemed to be instructed by the crew, then several green magic objects...or some kind of magic circle appeared, they used it to accelerate their ship, the sensors detected the abnormalities around the magic circle, everyone in the ship was surprised.

Ars and the heads of departments had a brief meeting about the strange event, at the meeting with a photograph taken on the east side of the continent, shown in the photograph with several flying wooden ships, and another drawing attention to all, is the photo showing a 100 meter flying ship, based on the design, it was a warship, according to STRD or Science, Technology and Research Department, there should be only few ofmthem, and not a threat because of the vast technological gap.

Since no industrial area or building could be found on the continent, the ship could have been manually built which could have taken several years to build, also due to the demonstrated abilities of the slaves to use magic, the whole parliament acknowledged that perhaps magic indeed exist here, the inhabitants of this world perhaps can use strange abilities, it may also be magic that operates the flying in the photos.

Ars chuckled, "Does this world also have elves and dwarves?" Ars said sarcastically.

Lt.General Alxendra who was by his side spoke, "Perhaps, we will know that later, for now, we need to solve our problems first".

Ars sighed, "We are close to the island, tell our crews and personels" he said.

Alexandra replied, "Yes, you exellency".

Ars smiled awkwardly, he's still not used to be called 'excellency', about a few minutes later, at the same time as the sun rises, they saw the island, the light of the sunrise gave a golden color to the sea, everyone was amazed by the sight, at the same time the other ships as well was amazed by the view, some soldiers, civilians, crew and officers begun to celebrate and cried in joy, finally, after the sufferings, they can finally be at ease without any threats from the bugs.

==

Ars stood and looked out the window of his office, he watched the soldiers as they lifted tools and equipments out, the vehicles that will be used for the construction of the base was brought outside as well, Ars's ship along with other ships were lined up on the plains, their plan for now was to make the center of the island a base , then the construction of houses, facilities, roads, and other infrastructure, the soldier begun to 'clean' the area, various ferocious creatures attacked some soldiers, thanks to the armours they wore, none was killed or injured. 

It's good that they finally had a place to settle, "However, I must finish this tons of paper works first" Ars siged, looking at his desk that full of papers, various reforms and paperworks that needed his approval.

He sat in his chair and begun to work.

==

Somewhere in the Island 

Sergeant Adams Blakely and his group are in the forest outside the plains, the government has sent five divisions to suppress dangerous creatures on the island, their division will clean up the north, where energy facilities will be built, they set up tents and barracks near a lake, they clashed with creatures they encountered, giant bears, pig people, large spiders, lizards, and flying lizards, but the most they encountered were ugly, smelly and aggressive small green creatures, they also encountered something similar to that creature but bigger and taller who was probably their leader.

After a long battle, Sergeant Adams and his squad returned to their base, they entered into their barracks, his men layed in bed from exhaustion, they are battling for 12 hours a day against these weird monsters, the goverment wanted to finish the clean up operation in the entire island for 3 weeks, the first area they cleaned was the heart of the island, that will serve as the capital for the interim government.

Corporal Mikey Santos glanced to Adams, "Say sarge, do you think we can clean the whole north for just 3 weeks?" He questioned.

Adams nodded, "It is possible, these creatures can be killed easily anyway, and the new air force handles the hordes of monsters, we're just actually polishing this place, those who were at the frontline battling more monsters than you thought" he said.

"I see, thinking about it, isn't these creatures are similar to that of fairy tales and movies?".

Adams chuckled,"Yeah, this is really a fantasy like world, I heard that the other groups encountered some moving hostile skeletons yesterday, and what's more, they encountered a skeleton holding a fancy staff, they said that the skeleton used magic!".

Mikey was astonished, "No way, so magic is real afterall!?".

The group converse to each other, everyone was amazed by everything on this place, the conversation heated up untill everyone fell asleep.

==

A/N: This past days the supporters of my series grew, I thank everyone for their support to my series, I'm supposed to release the next chapter after a few days, however! Since my supporters grew in numbers, I'll release it tomorrow as a extra chapter.

9