Chapter 5: Londinium! Registration!
326 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A city surrounded by a huge wall appeared before Mai’s eyes. The path they were walking on led to a wooden gate reinforced by some metal.

“Whoa…” Mai looked at the wall.

“Londinium is big, isn’t it? Though not as large and sparkly as cities in the main continent, it is still the capital of Britannia after all.” Arnold said.

“What’s with that name?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Nothing…”

“Anyway, you have anything to identify yourself?”

“Nope.”

“Any money?”

“Nope.”

“Okay, here.” He handed out some bronze coins. “Use them to get in. The guards won’t ask much.”

“What a gentleman!” Nelson interrupted.

“No worries. I see you’re pretty strong, so getting five bronze coins won’t be hard. You can pay me back later.” Arnold ignored and told Mai.

“Okay, thanks a lot.”

The party walked for two more minutes to arrive at the gate.

There were a few people standing guard at the gate. They were wearing light metal armor and holding pikes. One of them moved up when the party came close.

“Who do we have here? Nelson, Arnold, and yes, and who is this short girl?”

The members gave the guard their ID cards, and Mai used the money she got earlier.

“I’m a foreigner.” The girl said.

“Understandable, have a great day.” He let them go after checking the cards and putting the coins in a pouch.

The party went through the half-opened gate. Londinium was the usual Middle Age city, and as Arnold said, it wasn’t shiny like in fairy tales, comics, or movies. The main tone of the city was light brown. Even the castle from afar was somewhat dull-looking.

“So, you have any plan?” Arnold asked.

“Not really,” Mai replied.

“Alright, fancy going to the Adventurers’ guild with us? If you register there, you will get an ID card like this, which will come in handy as you can see.”

“Fair enough, show me the way.”

The girl walked around the city with the party. They guided her through some houses, some turns, a marketplace, and stopped at a big building.

The door into the house was about 5 meters tall. On top of the entrance was a board writing “Adventurers’ guild” and a smaller line under it “Audaces collegium1Adventurers’ guild in Latin. Sorry if it isn’t correct, I just used google translate”.

“This is probably is.”

“Yeah, let’s go in and do your thing.”

Mai pushed the door and went in. The place was mostly empty. There were only some chairs in the corner of the room occupied by other adventurers and a receptionist’s counter.

The party made their way to the desk.

“Ad astra abyssosque! Just kidding, need something?” A woman behind the counter said.

“Well, not much right now, but this girl wanna get registered.” Arnold pushed Mai up slightly.

“Right, few questions. You can look at your [Status board] to answer them.”

“Okay.”

“Your name?”

“Nguyễn Ngọc Hà Mai.”

“What the… How do you read that?”

“N-g-u-y-e-n N-g-o-c H-a M-a-i. Oh, and do note that Ha Mai is my name and Nguyen Ngoc is my surname.”

“You have a surname? Okay then. Next, what’s your primary job?”

“[Gatherer].”

“Uhh… Why did you choose [Gatherer]? Anyway, your secondary job, or jobs?”

“Don’t have any yet.”

“Alright, just a moment.”

The receptionist woman went into a door behind her and came back a minute later with a card.

“Here is your ID. Keep it carefully, remember? You start at F rank and make your way up. That’s the task board where you take your missions. You can only take missions according to your rank. When a certain number of missions are done, you can do a rank-up test.”

“Our team is going to take a rest. How about you, Mai? Wanna stay with us?” Arnold asked.

“I have some business, so I’m leaving.” She answered.

“Eh? How unfortunate. Then bye for now.”

The girl parted way with the party and left the city. She then ran straight back to her base.

Mai removed the smoked meat on the frames and replaced them with new ones.

She thought about what to do next and noticed that she was wearing the same clothes as when she was transported here, so the girl decided to weave some herself.

Mai set up a loom from scratch using her memory. It took her 4 hours just to build it.

Now I would love to have those machines…

The girl spent one more hour making a small piece of cloth then called it a day.

 

That’s it for today’s chapter. If you have some idea for the story or you have some info that I need to include, please comment because I’m a bit stuck.

https://discord.gg/kkE3nyn9bW

9