Chapter 7: Still money problems
300 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to the base, the slimes were still jumping around. As if even a nuke went off, they wouldn’t care and continue to jump.

Before, Mai used them to get easy water, but they gained another purpose.

The girl got to the slimes and stomped one of them.

The slime died with a pop, and it became a messy puddle of sticky thingy.

Oh. I think they won’t accept this… Let’s find a better way.

Mai crafted a pointy stick with her stone knife and got back to the slimes. She poked another slime with it, scoring another kill quickly.

At that take, the slime stopped moving, lost its shape, and just kind of melted to the ground without exploding.

The girl picked the dead body up. Hmm… I think this is good enough. Then stored it in her <Inventory>. I wonder why the other slimes don’t attack?  She used <Appraisal>.

 

Blue slime (Lv6)

The kind of slime that is usually found near a water source. They’re also the most passive monster; they will only strike if they’re attacked first. Additionally, even if one is harmed or killed, the nearby slimes won’t care.

The reason? They’re too stupid.

 

Hmm… okay then, makes my job easier. The girl poked nine more slimes with her stick then put the carcasses away.

Then Mai ran to Londinium again. By the time she arrived, it was already midnight. She followed Nadia’s guide through the city to find the restaurant.

There weren’t many people on the street by that time. Only guards were walking around to patrol.

She got to a building which she supposed was correct, there was a sign on the wall that said: “Westside restaurant.”

Yea, this must be it. The girl knocked on the door three times.

No response…

She knocked on the door nine times.

Still no response…

She hit the door hard and called out loud. “Hey! I came to deliver your slimes!”

A tall, muscular man with brown hair showed up. “Hello. What a late time to come.” His voice wasn’t as aggressive as he looked.

“I’m sorry. I took the quest in the afternoon, and the hunting place was far from the city.”

“Fine. Where are the slimes?”

“Here it is.”

The man took a bag out to contain them as Mai didn’t bring one. “Yes, this is enough.” He gave Mai a gold coin and a silver coin. “Here’s one pound and twenty pence as written in the quest paper. I’m doing a little experiment with my new dish made from slimes, so maybe if it succeeds, I might want to request some more.”

“Thanks. I can deliver more if you want some again. I’m all airs.” She waved her hand and left.

The girl thought that it wouldn’t be wise to leave the city and go back to her base at that time, considering the distance, so she went to the guild as she didn’t know what to do.

Mai was expecting a good corner to sleep till the morning, but she found out that the guild’s entrance wasn’t closed, and inside sat a bored-looking Nadia.

“Oh hey, didn’t think you would be here right now. Why are you working so late?” The girl asked.

“I want to ask you the same question. I’m taking the afternoon and night shifts, and I only work weekdays. The reason is because the adventurers’ guilds open twenty-four hours in a day, seven days a week, four weeks a month, and twelve months a year, in case of an emergency.”

“Fair point, I guess. Anyway, I’ve just finished the quest I took this afternoon.”

“So you came to report?”

“No, I said I wasn’t expecting the guild to open at this time, so I wasn’t planning to report. I was going to sleep, but well.”

“Alright then, I’m marking this as finished.” Nadia took the paper from Mai’s hand and signed on it. “Can you give me your card?”

Mai gave Nadia the guild’s card.

The receptionist pulled off a magic spell then returned it to Mai. “Okay, just to be sure, how much money did he give you?”

The girl showed her coins.

“So you gave him exactly ten carcasses? Okay,” she wrote something on the paper then put it away. “That’s it, anything else?”

“None right now, so bye.”

Mai left the building and went back to looking for a place to sleep.

The spots that she found, however, were either too small properly lie down or too exposed to other eyes. Later she decided to climb the guild’s building and instead slept on the roof.

 

 


 

The girl woke up the next day to see many people walking on the street below. Still, she managed to drop down from the four-story building without anyone noticing.

She went to the market to look for a pot. After some time, she saw a shop with a lot of metal items, but when she saw the price tag that said 30.48 pounds, the girl left to the guild again.

 

Thanks for reading my story. I have another poll regarding chapters’ length.

Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/kkE3nyn9bW

Is the chapter long enough?
  • This is fine Votes: 8 53.3%
  • A bit longer would be better Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Shorter? Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 15
9