Vol 1 Chapter 1: I Become a Racehorse
236 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Another world?”

“Yeah. You know, like those novels and comics that you read”

Huh!? She knows about it?

“Of course I know, I’m a goddess after all. By the way, your selection of visual novel is not bad, fufu~”

Ugh, is it okay for a goddess to make a smug face while talking about such a thing? Well, let’s just continue the conversation.

“So, what kind of world is it?”

“I told you, it’s like one of those worlds in your comics. You know, magic and knight and demon lord and stuff.”

Ooh, good thing I wouldn’t be reincarnated as an underwater invertebrate that lives in a fruit. While going on an adventure and such sounds fun, I would prefer to stay in the village and open a business, maybe run an inn or something.

“Can I just live a laid-back life in the village and leave the demon lord thing to someone else?”

“Well, it will be your life, so you can do whatever you want. However, we encourage those who are reincarnated in another world to be successful, no matter what you do. For example, you can become an adventurer and defeat the demon lord. Or, you can become a knight, and climb your way all to the top to become a king. This, will also counted as ‘successful’ as an adventurer who takes down the demon lord.”

“’We’? Who are you talking about? Also, is there someone else beside me that got reincarnated?”

“O-of course there are other gods and goddesses working here. Managing those who died, sometimes reincarnating one or two to another world. It’s not like we are making bet or anything.”

What!? Are we a horse or something!? Is that how transcendence beings see human?

“A-ahem. Back to the topic, we encourage you to lead a productive life and come out as a successful person. Sometimes, we, gods and goddesses, will even give a blessing to someone that has been so successful in their second life here. Hence, I will give you an offer. What would you like to have in your second life there?”

What would I like to have?

“You can ask for anything to aid your life. If it’s not beyond reason, I will give it to you. It’s a starting gift for someone from another world. Not a bad deal, right? You can ask for an item, original magic, you can even ask for connection and I will try to reincarnate you in such a way that you become royal family.”

“It is indeed a nice deal, but what merit will it gives you?”

“As I said, we encourage you to be successful, no matter what you decided to do. If a little blessing can boost your life quality, then we will happily give them to you. Also, because I picked you personally, it would be nice to see you become successful before those that the other gods chose. Though if the blessing is too much, they can eliminate you right away.”

What is that, so scary! I can die immediately after I reincarnated? What kind of joke is that? I will make sure not to abuse it.

“You said something about magic right. If I don’t ask for it, can I use magic?”

“You can, but there is a chance that you reincarnate as someone without aptitude for magic at all. Of course, I will make it so that you have at least average aptitude.”

So, I can learn magic myself, then I don’t really need magic blessing.

“What about language? Can I understand the language there?”

“You have to learn it. Incidentally, I won’t transfer you there as it is. When you are there, you will either be a toddler, at most 4 years old, or born as a baby, so you will learn things as new things anyway. You don’t have to worry, I will set the best scenario I can.”

Oh, so I can reincarnate as a toddler. Then, the only thing I can think of…

“Can you let me bring my backpack to that world?”

“Your backpack? I can arrange that. Is there anything else? Rather, can’t you buy backpack from that world? You sure love your backpack huh.”

“About it, can you customize it to be a magical tool? I want it to be sturdy, enough so I can use it for the rest of my life, but also light, regardless of the items I put in. Also, can you make it to have infinite space so I can store anything inside?

“Ooh, I see. Not a bad idea. So an enchantment for endurance and lightness, also a dimensional pocket for interior. Hmm, it sounds interesting. But you will be reincarnated as toddler you know, you can’t use it right away. Someone might even steal it.”

“That why I’m about to ask you to make a security system for it. A not so obvious combination lock will do, I guess. A magical one will be better, so I can only use it after I learn magic. As for it getting stole, I will do something about it. Also, I want to be able to toggle its mode between a normal backpack and, dimensional pocket? Something like that.”

“Hmm, hmm. A security measure, preferably magic one, and a normal backpack mode. Yes, I can do that. Anything else?”

“Mmm, one more thing. Can you make me taller? After I grow up of course.”

“Fufu, hahaha. You sure are interesting. I think you are the first to ask for a minor physical alteration like that. Sure, I will write it in your gene. Is that all?”

“Yes. Also, uh, thank you, I guess?”

“It’s okay, it’s my job after all. Well good luck in your new life. May we bless you and you be a successful person.”

Without me realizing, there’s mist in the surrounding. As it gets thicker, so does my haziness. Somehow I want to sleep. I guess I’m about to be reincarnated. That’s right, I forgot to ask the goddess’ name. She should have one, right? Well whatever. It’s not like I will meet her again, right?

And so, my consciousness drifts away.

 * * *

“Fufu~, this year’s participants sure are interesting.”

3