Chapter 2
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 Months Later

It has been around 3 months since Oscar beat the kid up. Those months were some of the most difficult months Oscar had to go through. The reasons being that he started his real training the same day he came home with bloodied hands. His father would wake Oscar up at 5:00 a.m, stretch before running around the whole town to build up his stamina, then when he finishes at around 7:30 a.m his mum makes him breakfast. Then at 8:00 a.m he starts doing push-ups until his hands feel like jelly, sit-ups until his belly starts crumping and pull ups until his back and arms are on fire. After all of that, at around 1:00 p.m he eats lunch.

But the real fun starts in the evening, when they go into the forest, that's when his shinobi training real takes a turn. The first day, his father let him familiarize himself all the shinobi tools, be it kunai, shuriken or ninja wire. His father stuck targets on the trees so Oscar can practice his accuracy on them. They discovered something interesting, he could throw an object with both hands, while still maintaining the same accuracy, meaning Oscar was ambidextrous . At first, he could barely hit the target once or twice, but, surprisingly after a week he could consistently hit the target, albeit not in the center but close enough. At around 7, when the sun starts to drop, the stealth part of his training kicks in and he took it like fish to water, he was a natural in stealth. His father trained him so he could mask his footsteps and make no sound when walking or running, he also taught him how to hold his breath incase he needed to be deathly quiet, his maximum time is 3 minutes, he was also taught how to use the trees and the environment in general to travel great distances in a shorter amount of time. Also, he was now able to use his ninja wire to wrap it around objects from a distance or close up, to trap his future enemies. Also, at night, 2 hours before he goes to bed, his mother schools him in the biology of humans and animals, where he can strike, with or without a weapon, to kill, paralyze or knock unconscious . In conclusion? Oscar was a prodigy when it came to the shinobi arts.

They tried to hide the fact their family is a shinobi one from Lily, but living under the same roof makes that very difficult. So they were forced to tell her the truth. At first she freaked out, but after awhile calmed down asked something shocking. To be also trained in the shinobi arts. At first Amar refused, but Lily convinced her by saying she wanted to be able to protect herself after what happened and to protect her brother as well.

Today was a special day. Why you may ask? Well today Akira will be taking Oscar hunting to get his first kill, not human, but kill none the less. Don't expect hunting a wolf or something that dangerous, they would be, mostly, hunting rabbits and deer.

It was night, and Oscar is excited to go on his first hunting trip.

"Is everything ready Oscar?" Amar asked, for the 3rd time.

"Yes mother, like I told you before, I have everything ready, don't worry, father is with me" Oscar answered 

"Why can't I come? It's not fair" Lily whined.

"Because Lily, you are not as proficient in stealth and your accuracy needs work, as well as your stamina, in hindsight you are not ready yet" Akira scolded his daughter. He could understand her, but he would not risk it. Akira kissed his wife and they all said their goodbyes.

1 Hour Later

By now they were deep in the forest, searching for fresh tracks and they found some.

"So, what animal is it and how long ago did it pass by here?" Akira asked. Akira also trained him in tracking, be it humans or animals.

"It is a deer and I believe it past like 10 minutes ago" Oscar said expertly. Akira was impressed, with one glance, he could uncover so much information. When they followed the trail, they found the deer near a river, drinking water, peacefully. Oscar, griped two kunai in both hands and launched them to the unsuspecting deer. The four kunai hit their target, well, mostly, two kunai embedded themselves in the legs of the deer, one grazed his neck and the other completely missed, after that semi-failure the deer ran for his life. While he didn't kill it he would still have a limping deer making a blood trail to follow.

'Shit, I need more practice while throwing multiple kunai in a each hand' Oscar thought. Immediately, he started following the blood trail the deer left behind. While it was injured, it still run very fast and the duo lost sight of it. After some time they found the deer, well most of it, five wolves surrounded the deer, eating it's insides. The father was calm, but the same could not be said for Oscar. It was the first time he saw a body of any kind in that state. After a few seconds he got a hold of himself, but what they didn't notice is the two wolves coming from behind them. The first one attacked Akira, but due to his training he noticed the attack, dodged, and thrusted a kunai in the head of said wolf. But the same could not be said for Oscar, unfortunately he was still inexperienced, that's why they were still hunting deer and rabbits, and not wolves. Anyway, the wolf attacked Oscar and bit him on the left shoulder savagely, but just as quickly as it attacked, the next moment it laid down on the forest floor with a kunai in it's head. Oscar took the kunai out of his first kill and as soon as he did that the pack that were feasting on the deer attacked them.

"STAY BEHIND ME SON" Akira ordered his son. Oscar felt something inside him, something new, something primal. He couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, he could ask father later. So, Oscar obeyed his father and went behind him, still with the bloodied kunai at hand incase he needed to use it again.

The first wolf that attacked, found itself embedded with a shuriken in it's head, courtesy to Akira, though now that wolves were much closer he couldn't use shuriken, so he took out his katana, a wolf leaped at him, Akira dodged to the right and brought his sword downwards to strike the wolf where he would have been. The wolf was decapitated, but while he did dodge and killed the wolf, another wolf attacked Oscar but Oscar didn't react in time, so he got bit on his left forearm and screamed in pain while he tried to penetrate the wolf's skull, but because of the severe pain he was in he could only hit the wolf on it's back. It didn't die but it fell on the ground and out of desperation the wolf also bit Oscars left desperation. It didn't have enough time to bit more because Oscar stabbed the wolf on the head this time, this time dead. But he didn't see another wolf that was two meters away from killing him, but neither did the wolf see a kunai searing through the air and into it's head.

Oscar turned to his right to see his dad killing the last wolf by driving his katana into it's brain.

"OSCAR, ARE YOU HURT" Akira asked frantically.

"I was bit, but it's not life threatening" Oscar answered. Akira rushed to his son's side to see if he was right,

'Thank god, he is not in any immediate danger. But still, I should have protected him better' Akira thought, blaming himself for his son's injuries. Oscar saw his father's saddened face.

"It's not your fault father, so don't blame yourself" Oscar said.

"I am sorry son, I will do everything to prote-" Akira was cut off by a wolf, lunging for his throat. The wolf bit Akira's throat, though not the whole throat, Akira knew he would die here. But before the wolf could continue, Oscar leaped at it, and stabbing in on the head repeatedly while shouting his lungs out. After a few seconds, he came to, and rushed to his father's side.

"NO NO NO NO DAAAAAD. HOW CAN I HELP PLEASE TELL ME!?!?!" Oscar shouted, while holding his father's bleeding form.

"Protect, you- your sister and mother and ask your mother for the scrolls, and know that I love you and I am proud of you. Goodbye son." Akira said his final words and stopped breathing. Oscar took a minute to comprehend what just happened, when he understood that his father is gone is started crying and screaming to the heavens. That day, something broke inside of him, and he would never be the same.

Oscar stayed by his father's side for an hour before standing up, taking his body and the katana towards the house. It took three hours to arrive to the house because he was carrying his father's body and he was also injured. He didn't know why he didn't encounter any animals, but he would later come to know that it was because he was emitting a lot of killing intent, so the animals stayed away from him.

When he arrived at the front door of his house he knocked, and while the door was opening he fell to the floor, losing consciousness. When he woke up the sunlight was beaming inside the window, he looked down at his body to see bandages wrapped around his leg, shoulder and hand.

'I guess mother treated my wounds.' Oscar thought. Back in Africa, his mother used to be a healer and treated most of the wounds in the village she lived in, that's how she knew so much about the human body.

Oscar tried to stand up, only to hiss in pain. After a few minutes he heard crying in the living room, so he stood up not caring about the pain and opened the door, only to see his crying mother hugging a sleeping Lily with tear marks on her cheeks, so he deduced she cried herself to sleep.

'Don't worry, I will protect you with everything I've got, and anyone who gets in the way, will die.' Oscar thought darkly. That's when his mother saw him, gently leaving Lily to sleep on the couch and hugged Oscar. Oscar couldn't control the tears.

"Shhh, let it all out, it's okay, you are safe now" Amar said to her crying son. After a few minutes of crying Oscar sniffed and asked his mother where is his father's body.

"I buried him just outside the forest, I am so sorry you had to go through that." Amar answered apologetically.

"It's not your fault mother, I should have been stronger and I will." Oscar said with determination. 

"Well, you will have to wait at least one month to start your usual training" Amar ordered. Oscar was about to complain but was cut off.

"And I will NOT take no for an answer, do you understand?!" Amar asked raising her voice a bit, waking Lily up from her sleep. Lily saw her brother and rushed at him and hugged him, and despite the pain he was in, Oscar stayed there for a couple of minutes hugging his crying sister.

"Do you feel better now" Oscar asked and Lily nodded.

"Why don't you go to sleep sister? I will wake you up when launch is ready." Oscar asked.

"Okay brother." Lily said. When Lily went inside the bedroom, Oscar looked at his mother.

"Mother, how are we going to eat in the month I will need to recover?" Oscar asked.

"Don't worry son, there is enough food to last us a few weeks if we use it wisely. And you will not be hunting until you recover" Amar answered. 

"What happened son?" Amar asked, holding back her tears. So, Oscar sat on the couch and explained exactly what happened. When he finished he was on the verge of tears, while his mother was crying and hugging her son.

"Don't worry honey, we will get through this, that I promise you." Amar reassured.

 

Please comment and tell me what you think so far.

1