Chapter 3
41 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has passed since the death of Oscar's father, one long emotional week. Since his death, Amar didn't see Oscar smile once. The family were eating launch when Oscar lifted his head from the food and looked at his mother.

"Mother, before father took his last breath he said to ask you about some scrolls, what kind of scrolls are they?" Oscar asked his mother.

"Those scrolls hold the katas and sword techniques of the Adachi clan and something which your father said you may or may not have." Amar answered her son's question, which created more unanswered ones.

"What is this thing that I may have?" Oscar asked.

"I don't know son, your father didn't tell me, but everything is in those scrolls. Follow me" Amar said as she stood up and went inside the bedroom with Oscar and Lily behind her. She suddenly stopped in the middle of the room, bend down, and took out a wooden plank. Inside the floor were several japanese scrolls.

"Here is where your father kept them, and this one is the thing I told you about." Amar said while picking up a scroll and handing it to Oscar. He also saw two katana-like sword just shorter.

"You can read the scroll after launch, up until you start your training again." Amar said.

"Mother, what kind of sword is that?" Oscar asked, pointing at the peculiar sword. When Amari saw it, she smiled.

"Your father was going to give it to you after the hunting trip, he was so excited to teach you all his sword techniques. Anyway, it's called a wakizashi, it's similar to a katana just shorter. You can use this until you get taller." Amar explained. After that they went back to finish their launch.

After launch was over, Amari and Lily went outside to get a bit of sunlight, while Oscar went to his room to rest and read the scroll. He opened it and observed how long it was. After that, he started reading it.'Most shinobi have something inside of the called chakra. This chakra can make the impossible, possible. For most normal shinobi clans, this chakra  strengthens your blows and makes you faster than normal humans. But, for special clans, like the Adachi clan, that chakra can correlate with two of the five basic elements, wind and lightning, but most of the Adachi clan only get one of those two elements, and only in some rare case does someone have both. Now, don't expect to go around controlling or even creating said elements but you will get some advantages most shinobi don't. For example with water, your chakra makes you more flexible and fluid, with fire more explosive and stronger, with earth more tough and sturdy, with wind faster, finally lightning gives you better reflexes, the ability to sense other humans and sense when something lethal or hurtful to the user came his way. To unlock your chakra you have to search deep inside your subconscious and find your mindscape. When you find it, you will unlock your chakra and your element. Sometimes you unlock one element and later down your life unlock another one, but like I said, it's very rare. To unlock it, you usually need one or two months.'   Oscar finished reading and needed a few minutes to process this information, after that he tried to unlock his chakra. After ten minutes of straight meditation he concluded that it was indeed hard and will take time. He decided to read the rest of the scroll, it explained how to further progress the abilities that wind and lightning came with.

3 Weeks Later

Oscar, for the first time since his father's death was happy, for two reasons. One, he will finally be able to take the bandages off and start training, however those wounds did scar him forever. But that's trivial compare to the second reason, he finally unlocked his chakra! And sooner than normal. After he read the scroll that day, he explained to his mother and sister what chakra is and what it did. And he helped Lily unlock it too, but she still couldn't. He also discovered that that his element is lightning. He found it fascinating how he could sense when his mother and sister, and how his increased reflexes helped him dodge his sister during sparing sessions. His sensing range as of now was five meters. Though he would have to increase the radius of his sensing and his speed to be able to keep up with his reflexes and intuition of danger. That was 3 days ago, and since then, Oscar and Lily practiced the martial art of the Adachi clan, it focused on letting the enemy attack and counter attacking. And to top it all off, with his element, the potential this martial art skyrocketed.

Oscar went to take a bath after today's physical part of his training. The poor rarely showered, but the Adachi family took water from a lake near the forest and poured it in a home made bath tub. After bathing, Oscar looked at his scars on his shoulder and arm.

'Those are the scars of my failure to protect myself and father, that will never happened again. With chakra I am superior to normal humans' Oscar thought arrogantly. Since him unlocking chakra, he became more arrogant and angry at normal people. For glaring at his family, hurting his sister and thinking they are better when infact, him and his sister were far superior to them. His sister didn't think like that though, she wanted them to accept them as normal people. He didn't like that, but his sister would soon find out how wrong she was.

'You will see them for the bastards that they are' Oscar thought angrily. After calming down, he went to the kitchen to eat launch.

"Brother, do you want to go for a walk around town and then go train in the forest?" Lily asked. 

"Sorry Lily, I have to go hunting, when I finish I will join you for training" Oscar said. Lily looked sad but accepted the answer.

"Ok brother, see you later" Lily said and left the house.

"I am sorry son, that you have to go hunt just so we can eat." Amar said apologetically. These last few days she felt useless as she couldn't find a job due to her color and gender.

"It's not your fault those bastards in town don't like our kind" Oscar hissed with venom and cold eyes

"Anyway I have to go mother" Oscar said as he waved her goodbye.

2 Hours Later

Hunting was good, he was able to kill 3 rabbits. He couldn't anything bigger as he could not carry it back home. As he was going back home he saw his sister.

'What the hell is she doing so deep in the woods, we don't usually train this deep.' Oscar thought. As he was about to drop from the tree to go talk to his sister, he noticed six people following her and by the look on his sister's face she knew they were behind her. He looked closer and saw the faces of her followers, three of them he recognized as the ones he beat up, but the other three older boys, around 13 years old, he didn't.

'Can I kill them here? Or am I going to get caught?' Oscar thought. A few second later he concluded that he could kill them, and then put the bodies deeper in the forest for the wolves to eat. But the problem was how he was going to kill them? Fortunately for him he always carries his shinobi equipment and weapons on him while hunting. A few minutes passed and he came up with a plan.

Lily was scared, even though she is training, she doesn't have chakra and the kids trailing her were bigger, stronger and had the advantage in numbers. Then she turned around.

"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?" Lily asked.

"The little monkey slut can speak. We came here for some pay back for what your brother did to me. And I brought my older brothers with me." The one with a broken nose said. After hearing that she started running and the other boys followed in pursuit

"YOU CAN'T OUT RUN US BITCH!" One of the older boys said. Well he was wrong about that as she was started gaining ground.

As Lily past a big bush, a hand came from within, grabbed her and with another hand shut her mouth.

"Shhhhhh" Oscar whispered while having his index finger infront of his mother, she nodded. He let go of her mouth and sighed in reliefe.

"Thank god brother!" Lily whispered. She was so glad her brother was here to save her.

"Lily stay here and don't move, whatever you hear or see, stay hidden." Oscar ordered her and she nodded. After that, he went up in the tree.

'At least she is safe. Now to deal with these worms' Oscar thought.

The six boys stopped running when the girl suddenly disappeared.

"Let's spread out and search for her" One of them said. They all nodded and started searching for her.

Oscar leaped from one tree to another so he could be directly above the most isolated boy. As the boy passed right under him, Oscar jumped down from the tree with his wakizashi in both hands, facing horizontally down, and piercing the upper back of his target, which went straight through the heart, killing him immediately. The body dropped with a thud, Oscar's ice cold eyes watching the body with disdain, as if it wasn't even human. With a closer look, Oscar noticed that it was one of the brothers of the guy whose nose he broke.

'I told you bastards not to come near my family again, now you will suffer the consequences.' Oscar thought darkly while dragging the bodyin a bush. He waited for a few minutes for his next target to com. He is coming indeed, or at least was, before receiving two shuriken in his forehead. He put the body next to the previous one.

When suddenly, he sensed two people from behind him. Thanks to his enhanced reflexes he was able to dodge a punch to the head by going one step to the left, pulling his wakizashi out, turning around and thrusting it in the boy's throat. Oscar could see the life leaving his target's eyes and could hear the gurgling he was making by attempting to breath. The next second, he could see a hand holding a rock aiming for his head while screaming. But fortunately for Oscar, Lily came to his rescue in speeds he has not seen her use before, kunai at hand, piercing the boys throat. After a few seconds she looked at her bloodied hands and started panicking, when a hand came to grab her, but Oscar threw a kunai and the tip was sticking on the other side of the teen's hand. The teen feel on the floor screaming and crying out of pain, when the boy with the broken nose wrapped his one arm around Lily's throat while the other hand was holding a stick at her throat in a threatening way. Immediately Oscar pulled his wakizashi out and pointed it at the screaming boy's head.

"Let my sister go, now." Oscar said, releasing massive amounts of killing intent, making the boy on the floor tremble in fear, but the other guy held strong.

"Lower your sword and I will let your sister go" the boy negotiated. At that moment Oscar felt something in his chakra change, he felt lighter and quicker and in that moment he was lowering his sword, while the boy lowered his guard and smiled. In that moment, Oscar rushed at the boy with speed he never knew was possible and in an instant was infront of him, kunai in hand, he thrusted it in the boys brain because Lily was shorter than the boy, so he didn't have to worry about accidently hitting his sister. Oscar saw the last boy start running, he didn't chase him though, as there was ninja wire in the direction he was headed and he had to learn it the hard way,  by multiple cuts around his thighs. When he fell down, Oscar rushed him and opted to struggle him instead of using his weapons. Why you may ask?

'I still don't feel a thing, even when I use my hands' Oscar thought. He then went back towards his sister.

"Don't worry sister, I will always protect you" Oscar said as lovingly as he could covered in blood. His sister shook her head.

"No brother, I want to protect myself and be the one to protect you for once, now that I unlocked my chakra." Lily said her voice filled with determination. He was very proud of her.

"And you were right brother, they will never accept me" Lily said angrily. Oscar then hugged her tightly.

"But I will always accept you, don't ever forget that." Oscar said and Lily nodded.

 

Please comment to tell me what you guys think so far.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1