Chapter 49 I need a Hero
832 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The demons’ hero.”

“Does that mean that we have been deceived all this time?”

“What are we going to do?”

“We have to retreat…”

The volunteers and the adventurers were in a panic after witnessing the conversation that was happening.

Their fears were enough to send Ermengarde into Ecstasy.

“Glorious… Simply Glorious… I can already feel it… the despair, the fear, the anger, the desperation…” she cried in excitement. “Hans…” she called out.

“Yes… Ermengarde-sama”

“You have done well… As promised, I will make you one of us… A true demon.” She declared

His eyes opened wide before he took a knee before her.

“Hans!” Euphemia screamed. Despite everything that has happened it seemed that she still had hope that it was all a lie.

< Demon Blood Transfer >” 

Ermengarde activated the skill that turned someone into a demon. This was the second time she was using it on Hans. 

His hair turned silver, as bat wings grew on his back. His once smooth skin turned into scales before a horn appeared on his forehead. 

He roared…

Siraye and Louise were taken aback by his appearance. There was no trace of the man they had married. The thing that was in front of them now was nothing more than a monster.

“Behold… The hero of the demons… Demise.”

“Demise!? Is that my new name? Ermengarde-sama?”

“It is… It is a name that will be feared by all.”

“Understood… Then from henceforth, I shall be called Demise.”

“Excellent” she uttered before applauding happily, “...and now for your first task.” She said before turning her attention to the allied army.

“Understood… All forces… In the name of Ermengarde-sama… ATTACK!” he commanded 

The demons behind Ermengarde roared before giant demonic worms appeared from the ground, west of the allied army. 

Large columns of demons emerged from their mouths. Heading straight for the Jarodor army.

“We have to retreat!” General Kith shouted

General David was thinking of the same thing but, ‘They have outsmarted and outplayed us. I doubt they will allow us to leave so easily.’

“Oi… Kith… Leave the defense to me. Meet up with East flank with the princess and take lady Euphemia with you.”

“You… What are saying?”

“Indeed… What are you saying? The east flank is already mine.” Ermengarde uttered with an evil smile

“Eh?” General David uttered before turning to the king of the elves.

“Father… Don’t tell me.”

“Fire!” he uttered, ignoring his daughter's words.

The elven archers let loose their arrows and rained them on the allied army.

“Father! Stop this at once.”

“You dare to order your king!” he uttered in an angry voice, before drawing out his sword. “The only one who commands the elven army is I. If you feel that I am unfit to command them, then draw your sword and claim the throne.”

“Father!?”

He swung his sword towards Siraye who dogged at the last second… suffering a slight injury on her shoulder.

“Father?” she cried

“Kovar is in effect Siraye. Draw your sword.”

Kovar is a challenge issued to the ruler of the elven people. Only a member of the royal family can issue the challenge and once in effect, it cannot be withdrawn until one party dies.

“I never…”

“It's too late to back out now… Fight me or die where you stand.” He yelled before charging at her again.

Ermengarde looked at them with her purple eyes. She was enjoying the show that was unfolding before her very eyes. 

‘This might be my greatest masterpiece. The chaos that is unfolding here is simply magnificent’ she thought, as she sexually touched herself.

“We need to form a diamond defense formation. All supporting mages in the center. Anyone to week willed to fight will provide support as well. I don’t want to risk breaking the chain of defense with weak willed people.” General David cried

“I agree with your decision. I will organize the guilds, but if we don’t stop the elven arrows, it will be pointless.” Felix replied

“Bishop Martin, can you do something about that?” General Kith asked

“If I work with the other priests, we will be able to make a barrier.” He replied

“Do it…”

“Ho!” Ermengarde uttered as a lightly green barrier was erected.

“It is holding. The attacks aren’t coming in.” one knight shouted

“Good. This will by us some time to recognize.” General David uttered

“How long will it last? Bishop Martin.” Louise asked 

“Thirty minutes, however, if you can reduce the number of attacks, it might last longer.”

“How exactly are we supposed to do that?” General Kith asked

“This barrier prevents attacks and people coming in, but not the other way round.”

No one had ever heard of such a barrier before. It was a trump card kept secret by the holy kingdom.

Louise and General Kith both had the same thought, ‘Why didn’t use it before?’ However, after remembering the situation they were in, it was probably better that they had never told anyone about it.

“In other words.” General David uttered with a smile, “Oi… Anyone who can use long-ranged attacks target those elves behind us. We will clear a path for escape.”

“Escape? There will be no escape… < Demonic Ray >” Ermengarde uttered

She opened his mouth before unleashing an attack that shattered the barrier.

“Impossible…” Bishop Martin cried with a pale expression

“You fools… Your fate is already sealed. You will all die here… Except it.” Demon Hero Demise shouted

“Watch out, magic arrows!” an adventurer cried

Magic arrows fired by the elves rain on them. Causing expulsions in the center of the formation...

“Princess Louise, look out!” General Kith shouted as he shielded her from an exploding arrow using his shield.

“General Kith, are you okay?” she asked

“The bloodied general stood up. His shield was no longer useful. He cast it aside before answering, “I am still alive princess, but I wonder how long that will last.”

Their numbers were dwindling. This was no longer a fight but a one-sided massacre. 

“Hans!!!” A voice yelled

Water gushed out from the earth into the sky. On the very top of the gushing water, Euphemia stood. 

She was using the power her mother had given her. The accessory around her neck glowed brightly.

“Hans! I will save you. < Spiral Water Strike >

This was her ultimate attack. Spiraling water raced at incredible speed towards Ermengarde, However, Hans stood in-between Ermengarde and the attack.

“Hans! Move!” She cried

Despite her warning. He didn’t even blink.  

“No!” she yelled before redirecting the attack.

“What are you doing Euphemia?” Louise shouted

With tears running down her face Euphemia failed to respond to her question.

“How foolish… Hans” Ermengarde uttered

Hans flapped his wings and flew fast towards Euphemia. He grabbed her by the neck and began to chock her.

“Hans… Please… Stop… Remember who you are… Remember me.” Euphemia pleaded

“I remember who you are. You were that clingy annoying girl who I could get rid of because I need Princess Louise and Siraye.”

Euphemias’ eyes widened when she heard that.

“Did you think I had any love for you? Sorry to disappoint you but you were nothing more than an eyesore, and now, you dare look down on Ermengarde-sama…. None but the demon king is allowed to stand above her…”

“In that case… Don’t mind me, I’m just flying through.” 

Demise had no idea how it happened but a human was flying past him. He had never seen this human before but Euphemia had.

‘What is he doing here?’ she thought.

He is going after Ermengarde-sama. I have to stop him,’ Demise thought, however, before he could do anything, he felt the impact of an attack he never saw coming. 

He was sent flying eastwards by one of the humans' attacks. Euphemia, who had been let go by Demise, began to fall to the ground. 

However, she did not panic. She watched on as the human continued his flight towards Ermengarde as a barrier was erected around her.

‘Is this his doing?’ she thought.

Ermengarde watched as the humans flew downwards to the floor before making a sharp turn towards her.

‘Fool’ she thought before stretching her hand, “< Demon Lord, Three Layer Shield >

Three circular magical barriers blacked the humans’ path.

“This is a barrier technique that the demon king personally taught me. A foolish human like you has no chance of…” she began to boast, however, right before her eyes, the human broke the first layer with a glowing right punch. The second layer was broken by a left glowing punch. The human twisted and tuned, destroying the third layer with a spinning kick before finally kicking Ermengarde in the face and sending her flying into the blood-stained city wall.

The battlefield fell silent for a moment. 

The demons who just saw their abyss king be sent flying were puzzled and confused about what to do next.

Should they continue the attack, or should they help Ermengarde?

“Who is that guy?” General Kith asked

It was Princess Louise who answered his question. 

“He looks different but there is no doubt in my mind… That’s Edwin… The king of Highland.”

 

Announcement
Thanks for reading my novel. Sorry for the slow release, I am currently relaying on my phone to type new chapters for my novels as the cafe I use closed down temporarily. Please bare with it for now... and thanks once again for reading my work...

25