Chapter 9
133 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Suspicious” (Selma)

“Very suspicious… What was suspicious again?” (Rania)

“Why was he preventing that young demon girl from speaking? It was almost as if he sensed us spying on him.”

“Come on, that is not possible. First of all our power is divine. There is no opposing it or detecting it.”

“Even if you say that… It was still weird. I wonder what he was hiding.”

The goddesses were not all-knowing beings. If they didn’t see it with their own eyes then they had no record of it. That being said, one could not lie to a goddess. If they needed to find out what happened before they need only ask someone who was there.

“Hmm… Maybe he has a lover he doesn’t want Delphi to know about.”

“Be serious. I can’t shake the feeling that he is hiding something important.”

“You’re just imagining it. However, if you think that is the case, we could always summon him here and ask him directly.”

“Hmm… Delphi… What do you think about this?”

“I don’t know what you want me to say…”

“Tsk…” Selma uttered

“This is boring… I think I will take a quick bath.” Rania said

“I think I will join you. There is nothing to see here.”

Selma paused and looked at Delphi before leaving the room. Delphi stared on as the demon king's sister left his office. Now alone she closed her eyes and reached out to him.

***

Before he could sit down the demon king felt a familiar presence. It was one that he felt often, but he could never mistake it.

“Delphi?” His eyes open wide when she appeared before him.

“It has been a while, yes?”

“Yes, it has.” He said before taking a knee before her. “Welcome back my goddess.”

She smiled when she heard those words, and reached her hands out to him.

“There is not much time. May I have a word with you?”

“I will always hear your words, my goddess. Have a seat here.”

They held hands as they sat on the couch. They gazed into each other’s eyes like long-lost lovers who had reunited.

“Is there something you wanted to discuss?”

“It is about the negotiations with the humans. What are you planning exactly?”

He closed his eyes for a moment before speaking again. “The elder demons are waiting until the humans lose the next game to negotiate the selling of one of their kingdoms to us demons.”

He couldn't lie before a goddess and said the truth.

It was now her turn to open her eyes wide, “What are you saying? My sisters will never allow such a thing.”

“And why will it not be allowed? It is not like we are attacking the humans. We are asking for a trade. Land for mana.”

It pained her to admit it but what he was saying was truthful. Nothing was preventing one race from selling land to another.

However, should such a deal be put forward and accepted, humanity that already sees her as evil incarnated will absolutely hate her even more than they do now.

She wasn’t really concerned about how they viewed her, but…

That human hero will surely suffer a backlash from it. That princess has secured a chance for him to survive but this kind of deal will absolutely result in his death one way or another.

“Is something the matter Delphi? You look troubled by something else.”

“The humans have summoned heroes. I am sure you have heard about it.”

“I have. Some of those heroes travel here as delegates after all.”

“Then you must realize that there is one that has my divine protection…”

“You wish for me to offer him shelter?”

“Is it possible?”

"The hatred of humans by demons hasn’t wavered over the centuries. I know that it pains you see the fate of your heroes; especially the one who fled here…”

“You didn’t have a choice at that time… the elder demons had cornered you into a tight spot.. I told you, that you don’t need to bring that up again.”

“Even if you say that. Because I am weak, you have to suffer the pain of having your heroes curse your name. I don’t like it. I want it to stop but…”

The room went quiet.

“I know you are doing your best. I have faith in you.”

“Delphi!?”

“Look at those eyes. They haven’t changed since that time I first met you.”

“There you go, teasing me again.” He said before blushing.

“My sisters will be back soon, so I must take my leave.”

“Already?”

“Yes…” she replied as she stood up and walked to the center of the room. She paused and thought for a moment before turning back to face him.

“What were you talking about with your sister earlier…”

“You saw that?”

She nodded at his question.

“It seemed like you didn’t want her to say something.”

“I guess I can’t hide anything from you.” His words made her uneasy. “I wanted it to be a surprise but I am working on a way to have the demons accept the goods for mana. To achieve that, I am working with a human in a human kingdom.”

“What…!?”

“Furthermore, I am helping your hero.”

“Are you the reason the human princess is protecting him?”

“Princess? …umm no …I have no dealing with a princess, or at least I don’t think so. My contact is male”

“Do you know his name?”

“umm... Randall Capricorn”

“Ah…”

“You know of him?”

“Yes, he supported the princess's idea of turning the hero into a slave rather than killing him.”

“That is my contact. I am keeping this hash-hash as you can understand. I wanted to surprise you so.”

“I understand and thank you. It is a wonderful surprise even if I have ruined it.”

“All I want to see is your lovely smile Delphi.”

With those words, the goddess vanished like fog while blushing. She returned to the divine realm and changed the screen to Nakimo.

She smiled when she saw him and thought,

Just hold on a little longer. Unlike before, this time there is hope. Even if you still hate me, as long as you survive and live a happy long life, i will be happy.

As he felt the goddess gaze leave the room the demon king summoned his status screen.

Name: ###### ######

Level: 350/400

Title: Demon King

Class: Berserker

Attributes: Wind, Earth, Dark, Lighting

HP: 4 million/4 million

MP: 1 billion/1 billion

Skills: Chant-less Magic, Quick Magic, HP Recovery, MP Transfer, Slash King, Rage Fighter, Power up, Counter-Strike, Berserker Mode, Demon Eyes, Demon Claws, Rapid Dash, Kings Grip, Shadow Clone, Teleportation

Unique Skill: Mao [Gives one command over demons and the power to rebel against the goddess]

“I am sorry Delphi, but I can’t forgive the humans or your sisters. When my plan is over, both of them will be gone, and you and I will rule over the rest as god and goddess.

6