chapter 12
131 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Announcing the arrival of the heroes.” A voice cried out

The heroes, who were now released from their delegation duties were now in the kingdom of Helena.

Hero Soshiro, accompanied by Princess Aria Mallard Heartland entered the hall along with Hero Taiku, who was accompanied by Princess Emerald Capricorn.

Loud applause greeted their arrival. Helena was to act as the last base for the heroes before the goddess games.

This was arranged by the Queen of Helena.

“Welcome heroes to Helena.” The king uttered to them

“Thank you, your majesty.” All four replied in unison

“If you need anything, please tell Prime Minister Randall over there.”

“We are most grateful for your generosity.” Princess Emerald replied

“No problem. You had a long journey, it is the least we can do for you.”

“You took kind, your majesty.” Princess Aria replied before presenting a letter, “We come bearing a letter from Queen Helen, to is majesty.”

“Uhh” The king uttered as he felt a chill down his spine

The king and queen didn’t love one another but they weren’t enemies per se. The king wanted more power but not to the extent that he would rule over Helena. While the queen wanted the status quo to remain. Not only did she think that a two-system rule would only cause problems, but her husband also wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shade.

Easy to control and manipulate. She could never allow such a fool to have power.

“I will read it in my chambers.” He replied as a maid took the letter from the princess.

The king let out a cough to calm his nerves before declaring, “Let the banquet for the heroes begin.”

All the nobles raised a voice of cheer along with their cups as the banquet officially began.

“Princess Sofia and Lady Susan. It is an honor to see you once again.”

Princess Emerald greeted the two as she and Princess Aria allowed the noble to associate with the heroes.

They had in recent months become the heroes’ fiancés.

Sofia hid behind Susan when the two arrived.

“Still as timid as ever, Sofia.” Princess Aria uttered

“I don’t want to hear that that from you two bullies.” She replied before puffing her cheeks

“Ho my… we don’t bully you on purpose you know? You are just so adorable when you are teased.”

“Stop teasing me already. I am a future queen.”

“A future queen wouldn’t be hiding behind her sister.”

“Humph…” Sofia replied, much to the amusement of Princess Emerald and Princess Aria.

“Enough, teasing of my sister,” Susan spoke. “How are the negotiations going?”

“They haven’t even begun.” Princess Emerald

“What!” Susan uttered in shock

“It seems the demon king is buying for time. Queen Helen believes he will only enter negotiations after or during the next goddess games.” Princess Aria clarified

“Hmm… That does make sense. If the demons want to corner us in negotiations, waiting until the games will be their best option. What of the heroes? How is their training going?”

“Well. We gathered all the best adventures in the land to teach them various skills and magic. Thanks to your mother coming up with the idea of using the demons' tactics against them. The heroes were able to refill their mana in the demon continent, every time they ran out.”

“As expected of Queen Helen. She foresaw the demons' tactics and used them against them.” Princess Emerald praised

“Thank you for the compliments. I am sure my mother will be honored in hearing about them. Now then, I heard you got engaged to the heroes. How is that going?”

As they talked on, Sofia began to think to herself.

Humph… they make fun of me but treat her with respect. I will remember this humiliation. When my plans finally come together, I will make you all regret treating me like this. I swear it.

It was while she was thinking that when the sound of a crashing tray was heard.

“Oi… Is that you Nakimo? How dare bump into me.”

The person who just shouted was none other than Hero Soshiro. He glared at the lifeless doll that was Nakimo.

“I am talking to you bastard” he shouted before kicking Nakimo as he attempted to pick up the tray he had dropped.
The kick was strong enough to have Nakimo bump into Hero Taiku.

“Get away from me worm. A small air blast spell he cast, sent Nakimo flying into the air before slamming on the floor, face first.

“Oi… I heard that the reason the human race is in this pitiful state is because of your worthless goddess.” Hero Soshiro uttered as he approached Nakimo

“Oi… I am talking to you.” He shouted before stomping on his back. “Don’t you think, you owe these people an apology? Because of your worthless goddess, people are suffering. Have you no shame as a Japanese? Come on, apologies.”

A crowd of cheering nobles gathered around them.

“Come on bastard. Apologize”

“Hero Soshiro! Stop this behavior at once.” Susan cried as she made her way through the crowd.

“Ha! But he is just some ugly bastard. Why do you care what happens to him.”

“I am responsible for him. Now get off him.”

“Nope!”

“Hero Soshiro!”

“If you really want me to let him go, then beg me to.”

“Eh?”

“You heard me. Get on your knees and beg me.”

4