chapter 28
260 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was lunchtime and Colin was being scolded by Charley.

“Oi… What did I tell you about getting involved with royalty?”

Despite their attempts to keep their interactions with Colin low, rumors of the princess and her friends being seen hanging around him were spreading.

“Even if you say that… It is not like I can reject an offer from the princess and a duke’s daughter…”

“You should have made something up. You are lucky that rumor is being overshadowed by the gossip.”

The gossip Charley was talking about, involved a young noblewoman who had taken a liking to her noble knight.

The gossip spoke ill of Rose. It condemned her and questioned her nobility. Well, that was only natural.

Unable to physically harm her, the lovers resorted to spreading ill rumors about her through their clients.

Their clients, being the silly stupid little girls that they were, couldn’t tell that they were being used.

For the lovers, this was the best plan they could come up with but unfortunately for them, their target was Rose. She wasn’t one to care about gossip. Even when the few friends that she had, begun to shun her, she simply shrugged her shoulders and went, “Whatever.”

This infuriated some of the lovers who resorted to taking it out on the noble knights of their clients.

“What the hell was that!?” Colin and Charley’s attention was grabbed by a young noblewoman screaming.

It was Shelley L. Silver. The fiancé to Colin’s friend Archie.

“I told you to get a 100 percent in my assignment and you bring me a 96. What stupidity is this?”

“The professor doesn’t give a grade higher than 96. I can’t possibly change that.”

“Are you talking back at me?” She yelled before throwing the paper in his face.

“Don’t get angry Shelley. It will ruin that beautiful face of yours.”

“Max” she replied as she embraced the lover she had recently acquired

Max while consoling her smirked at Archie

“How about I help you release some of the tension you are feeling tonight?”

“You mean…” She said with an embarrassed face

“You don’t want to?”

“No-no… Nothing like that…”

“Then it is agreed.”

“Yes…”

“Great…”

“How stupid…” A voice interrupted. The voice that spoke belonged to Rose

“Huh!? Did you say something, Rose?”

“Nothing, Shelley”

Rose and Shelley were not only classmates but also roommates. They shared a few words when they first came to the academy but nothing more. They would often keep to themselves and out of each other’s business.

“If you have something to say then say it. I don’t like people not making themselves clear.” Shelley uttered with a glare

“It nothing. I just find it really strange whenever I see how easily noble girls are manipulated by their so-called lovers. I mean…You were blushing like a silly little girl just because he uttered some foolish words to you. What the hell. Aren’t you paying him to do that?”

“Shut it!”

“He doesn’t like you, sweetheart. Remove all that money you are giving him and he will drop you faster than you can blink.”

“Humph…you are just jealous that the ape you fell in love with, can’t compare to my lover.”

Rose broke into laughter before replying, “Me? Jealous of that thing next to you? Be real. Lover this…lover that. What don’t we just call them for what they really are? Male prostitutes.”

“You!!!”

“Shelley…Don’t let her words get to you. As long as you and I know our love is real then what she says doesn’t matter.”

“Max!?”

“Are you serious?” Rose uttered.

Perhaps because she could no longer torment George. Rose found herself enjoying the confrontation she was having with Shelley and her lover.

She showed a dangerous smile before asking, “If that is the case…. Then, why don’t you quit being a lover, find a job, and properly date Shelley then?”

Max found himself in an impossible position. Shelley was looking as if she expected him to accept Rose's suggestion. However, he was not going to do such a silly thing. The only reason the lovers even bothered with these silly noble girls was because of the money they earned from them. Remove that and there wasn’t any reason to stick around.

Max was desperately trying to think of a way to get out of this when, ding dong, the academy bell rang.

“Talk about saved by the bell. We should finish our little discussion later.” Rose uttered as she smirked in Max’s direction before leaving

“Umm…Max.” Shelley began to utter.

“You should go to class now Shelley. I don’t want you to be late for your lesson.”

“Ah…Sure…” She replied with a smile. The silly girl fell for his well-practiced smile.

As the crowds went on their way, Colin and Charley resumed their private chat

“A lot of weird things have been happening ever since, you first-years arrived.”

“Is that so?” Colin replied to his question

“Excuse me” a voice spoke behind them.

They both looked at the young noblewoman who called out to them with puzzled expressions on their faces. It was extremely uncommon for a noble lady to call out noble knights in public.

“Is one of you by chance Colin?”

...She knows my name? Colin thought as he studied the girl from head to toe before glancing at Charley who simply shook his head as if to say, ‘no idea what is happening here.’

“I am Colin… How may I be of service?”

“Umm… Could you book the tea room this weekend? I would like to have a word with you.”

“Eh? Umm… Sure… I mean yes. I will make the arrangements.”

“Really? Then I wait for you to tell me the details later…” she said before running off.

“Like I said…Things have gotten weird since you guy came to the school.”

“Is that so?” was the only reply Colin could give.

7