chapter 29
210 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Princess Teresa, Catherin, and Helen were enjoying tea in the princesses’ room.

“Are you still pouting?” Catherin teased Teresa

“I have no idea of what you are talking about,” she replied.

Helen and Catherine couldn’t help but giggle at their friend’s failure to hide her pout.

Unlike the other two, Teresa had to be extra careful about her interactions with Colin. This meant that unlike the other two, she hardly saw him and their constant comments on their interaction with him made her jealous.

“Are you sure?” Helen asked

“I am.”

“Then there is no need to ask you to help Colin and me with our research.”

“Eh? What do you mean?”

“Nothing…I just figured that the three of us will have an easier time doing the research. That is all…But if you are not…”

“Wait a minute…As a princess, I must ensure that the future of this kingdom is secure. Researching magic and future technology could be considered as one of my duties.”

“Heh?”

“What? Have I said something wrong?”

“No…I just wish you were more open with your emotions. That’s all…”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. What about you Catherine? Are you going to invite the princess to watch over your training with Colin?”

“Eh? The princess wouldn’t want to be bothered with that…”

“I would!”

Silence fell on the room when she screamed that…

“I mean…I need to ensure that the future royal knights are capable of serving the crown.”

“…”

“…”

“Say something you two.”

“Tsundere?”

“I am not tsundere!”

“Alright tsundere. However, our interaction with Colin has attracted some unwanted attention.” Helen uttered

“Hmm…I hope this doesn’t result in something bad for Colin.” Teresa said

“I wish I could be optimistic but those three fools will probably do something,” Catherin concluded

“You think so? After the incident in the Labyrinth, wouldn’t they keep a low profile?”

“Normally yes, but we are talking about those three fools. Even if their fathers warn them not to do anything, they will probably do it anyway.”

“Is there anything we can do?”

“If we knew what they were planning we might be able to come up with a counter but those idiots are unbelievably unpredictable,” Helen replied

“True…I could have never imagined that they would attempt to kill the princess in the Labyrinth.” Catherin uttered

Princess Teresa upon hearing Catherin’s words remembered what happened in the Labyrinth. She remembered the fear she had, and the relief felt when Colin brought her to safety.

She remembered the back he showed her as he led the way. He uttered no words but in Teresa’s mind, it was almost like he was saying, “leave it to me.”

“Ara…Ara. Are you blushing?” Catherine teased

“I am not!” she replied before her friends giggled again

As they giggled they could have never imagined that a week before their discussion, those three idiots were indeed planning something.

***

One week earlier.

“Did you hear the rumors?” Alexander asked his friends

The three boys were keeping a low profile as instructed by Alexander’s father. This, however, didn’t mean that they were unaware of the gossip that was happening at school.

“I heard. Hmm… It pisses me off. Why would Catherine do such a thing? Doesn’t she know the implications of doing such a thing?” Anthony uttered

Maybe this wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t try and kill the princess, Leo thought. He wouldn’t dare say that to his friends' faces as he knew that only trouble would come from it.

“It won’t be long before we become laughing stocks.” Alexander angrily said before slamming his fist on the table.

He wasn’t wrong. If word got out that his potential fiancé was preferring the company of a lowly noble knight, his reputation would most definitely take a hit.

If there were one thing lower-born nobles loved more than being acquainted with higher nobles, it was to watch the downfall of the said higher noble.

They would spread every ill rumor they heard behind his back and mock him at every turn.

Alexander and Anthony were not only unpopular but also hated by other noble children.

They always assumed this to be nothing more than jealously but in reality, their pompous attitude was the real reason. The only reason other noble children put up with them was because of their families' orders.

“We need to take care of this before it gets out of hand,” Anthony suggested

“How?”

“Have you two forgotten what Lord Marvin instructed us?” Leo asked.

“Shut up Leo! My father will understand. This is about my family honor after all.” Alexander replied while glaring at him.

“There is no need to worry Leo. I believe I have come up with a full-proof plan that will not put us in any danger.”

Isn’t that what you said about the assassination attempt? Leo thought

“What is it, Anthony? How can we make those fools pay for making us look bad.”

“The person in question is a noble knight. Then all we need to do is…”

6