Chapter 32
218 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was early morning and the usually empty area at the academy was full. No, it was overflowing with people. Usually, only students would be allowed attendance but some horny noblemen managed to bribe their way in.

The reason for this was simple. They were all expecting the princess of their kingdom to humiliate herself by kneeling naked.

Their minds went wild just by imaging the scene unfold before their very eyes and they were not alone. Several boys joined them in thinking of such a sight and next to them the girls already began to bad talk the princess in hash voices.

“Do you think Teresa-sama will go through it?”

“She has no choice. If she doesn’t then the royal family’s reputation will take a major hit.”

“But I heard that Alexander-sama will pardon her.”

“I will not accept such a thing. Even if it means jumping into the area and stripping her naked myself.”

“Don’t talk nonsense. You wouldn't have the guts to do such a thing.”

“Humph… In the first place, I shouldn't be put in a situation where I have to act.”

“Backtracking are we?”

“Humph… Think whatever you want.”

The crowd was full of such conversations as Princess Teresa, Catherin and Helen all gathered around Colin.

“Tch… They have some nerve to speak like that. They are naturally assuming that Coin will lose.” Catherin complained

“Well. I assume their confidence comes from Alexandra being a great fighter... This battle might be a hard one, but i will do my best.” Colin replied only to have the girls give him wry smiles.

They all knew the truth. If anything Teresa now found herself worried that Colin would accidentally kill Alexander.

Helen, who noticed this tried to put her at ease.

“I heard that he was wearing a special magical armor from the north, so I doubt he will suffer many injuries.”

Catherin looked annoyed while Teresa was relieved when she heard that. 

As for Colin, he had a confused look on his face. He was failing to understand why she would say such a thing.

“What I mean is that you shouldn’t hold back in this battle. Even if he is a son of a duke.”

Why would I hold back? He thought.

Helen's attempt to explain her earlier words just made him even more confused than he already was.

“Helen was worried that his noble rank might intimidate you into holding back,” Teresa explained.

“I have no reason to hold back. I am fighting for you after all. I will not bring dishonor on you by doing such a thing.”

Teresa blushed when she heard those words. She was so embarrassed that she had to turn away from him.

“What are you saying?” she stammered. 

Eh? Did I say something wrong? He asked himself

'Competitors. Make your way to the arena'. – Announcer 

“Looks like it is time,” Colin uttered before he began to walk.

“Wait” Teresa uttered before grabbing hold of his right hand. She wrapped a blue piece of cloth around his wrist. “It is a custom for noblewomen to do this for their champions as a good luck charm. Please come back victorious and hand it back to me.”

Colin was surprised by what had just happened. It took him a while to respond with, “I will.” 

He uttered those two simple words before heading off.

***

The crowd roared as the two competitors entered.

“You can do it, Alexander.” The boys shouted 

“Alexander-sama*” the cheering girls screamed 

“Strip that bitch naked.” Some noblemen uttered, not knowing of the three sets of eyes that watch over them.

“Take note of those noblemen who uttered those words.”

“Yes, your majesty” Keith uttered

“I can't believe that you came,” Victor complained

“I had to see it for myself. While I trust both of you deeply. I still want to see it for myself.”

“Hmm… I understand but think of the work you are giving the royal knights. Especially since the festival will be starting shortly.”

“I have faith in my knights and especially in my knight’s commander.”

“Flattery was never your strong point, your majesty.”

“Humph… Rather than talk about my flattery, care to explain what you’re holding in your hand?” she asked with a glare

“It is a betting slip.”

“I thought so. Care to explain why you are disobeying a royal order?”

“Perhaps I can give more insight into that, your majesty,” Keith replies. “We recently infiltrated the underground gambling dens. It just so happens that they were taking bets for this duel.”

“And you placed bets on the noble knight…”

“Yes. The bets were so one-sided that the gambling den had to change the betting method.”

“Oh…”

“Rather than simply betting on the winner, you had to also specify how much time will not pass before the victory. I took Victor’s assessment of how things will play out and issued agents to make bets. The payout from multiple wins will cripple them.”

“I see… That is a brilliant idea, however, I assume that there are some tickets for me as well?” she answered with a grin.

Both Keith and Victor diverted their eyes before nodding. They knew that their queen would ask such a thing. They have been with her for so long that it would be shocking if they didn’t.

“Excellent… Now, how much time did you give?”

“Five,” Victor replied

“Five? Minutes?” The Queen asked.

“Seconds.” He answered

Just as the Queen was coming to terms with what she had just heard, she heard the announcer speak.

“And it is over. Alexander-sama has been knocked out by the noble knight Colin in under 5 seconds. Can you believe it? I can’t.”

***

Rewinding just a bit. As the queen and her aids chatted away. 

Colin and Alexander, both entered the arena.

Alexander smirked as he looked at the armor-less Colin.

First I will humiliate that bastard and then that bitchy princess too. Alexander thought    

Colin on the other hand simply stared at the blue thing that was wrapped around his wrist.

“Oi… you bastard,” Alexander shouted. “You have some nerve coming to face the great me without any armor. Think you are hot shit just because the princess showed you a little kindness? Don’t kid yourself, that bitch is just playing with you. She is nothing more than a slut and I am going to put her in her place today. If you live today then maybe…”

“Don’t call her that!” Colin uttered with an angry expression.

“What?”

“Don’t call her a bitch.” He said.

To Colin and most knights, a woman who treated them with respect and kindness was far from being a bitch. They knew what a bitch looked like. Their very life involved dealing with them daily after all. 

Colin felt anger at the fact that someone tried to place Teresa on the same level as them.

“I will call that whore whatever I want. She is going to be my property soon. I will treat her any way I want and there is nothing a bastard noble knight like you can do about it.”

BEGIN! – announcer 

It happened in a blink of an eye. Alexander never saw it coming. In fact, in the whole arena, only two people knew what had just happened. One was the knight commander and the other was his daughter.

Only they could see Colin charge towards Alexander and land a punch, squarely on his chest. The impact from which sent him flying into the arena wall and knocking him out.

'And it is over. Alexander-sama has been knocked out by the noble knight Colin in under 5 seconds. Can you believe it? I can’t.' – announcer 

8