Chapter 33
215 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The crowd went into an uproar. In less than 5 seconds, Colin had won the match.

“It’s rigged. This match is rigged.” One noble shouted before his friend shouted as well, “My money! I bet everything on this!”

The nobles were yapping away and the female students were joining them. 

“He must have cheated somehow.”

“That’s right… There is no way a noble knight could beat Alexander-sama.”

“He is a cheater!”

Surprisingly, the male students were not uttering anything. If anything, they were confused.

As males, they would focus more on fighting with swords, spears, and other close combat weapons.

They clearly felt something was off. They couldn't think of any cheating method that would allow someone to beat someone else who was equipped with magic armor.

If such a thing existed, there was no way a lowly noble knight would be able to afford it and they would have had their family purchase it for them a long time ago. On top of that, they knew of Alexander’s personality. That guy wouldn’t take a fall for anyone, not even royalty. His ego was just that big.

Lastly, they knew that noble knights entered the Labyrinth on a regular basis. Adding all these facts together, they couldn’t help but wonder.

Isn’t this guy just way too strong?

Colin, who was the only noble knight present hadpaid no attention to what the crowd was saying or the puzzled look on the male students. Instead, he stared at the unconscious Alexander with a blink expression.

Why did I get angry when he bad-mouthed the princess? Anger is a useless emotion in battle and yet… He pondered 

“Ar~re, Ar~re… I guess this is where I step in.” Victor uttered before he leaped into the air and landed on the ground.

“Isn’t that the Royal Knights Commander?” some student cried out loud 

“Hear me… I have watched this match from start to finish and deem that no violation had taken place. This was a just battle won by this noble knight, fair and square.”

“No way! He must have cheated.” One noble shouted.

“Are you doubting my eyes?” Victor replied with a glare, causing the noble to back down but his friend who bet a large fortune on the outcome spoke up next.

“Then... this was a setup from the very beginning.”

“Are you accusing the son and heir of Duke Bennett of taking a fall? If so, perhaps you and I should raise the issue with Duke Bennett.”

“Heee” The noble screeched. Going against house Bennett was more dangerous than going up against the royal family

With that, the crowd was silent. Victor now turned his attention to Colin. He placed his hand on his shoulder, snapping him back to reality.

“Isn’t there something you need to do now?” he asked before glancing at the blue item on his wrist.

Colin quickly turned around and saw the worried expression on Teresa’s face. He began to walk towards her.

I don’t know why I was angry but… 

He thought as he got closer. He looked at her face that was now giving a bright smile. He looked at the smiling faces of Catherin and Helen  as well.

It doesn’t feel like it was a bad thing to do.

Once he got near them he simply uttered, “I won”

Again he uttered two simple words but those were then enough for the three of them.

“Congratulations” Helen uttered

“You need to teach me that technique some time,” Catherin said

Teresa froze for a moment. She was unsure of what to say to him before finally speaking, “Welcome back.”

***

When news of his son’s defeat finally reached his ears, Marvin L. Bennett was filled with rage.

Because Victor had made an appearance he assumed that the Queen had done something to ensure Colin’s victory.

 “That bitch! Just who the hell does she think she is? How dare she embarrasses my son and I.” He yelled

“We are still gathering information on what happened but so far nothing unusual can be reported. As far as we know no illegal method was used.” David W. Gabriel said

“Don’t give me that crap. That bitch planned this from the very beginning.”

Upon hearing those words, David began to worry.

Planned this from the very beginning? If that was true then perhaps I am on the wrong side.

If such a plan truly existed, while its outcome wouldn’t change the political situation, it would imply that the Queen was not someone to be taken lightly. 

What if she already knows our plans?

The door behind David opened and in came Luther B. Maverick but he was not alone. 

The person who followed him gave off an aura that was more intimidating than that of the royal commander.

“You are finally here, mercenary Hex,” Marvin said before smiling 

“Yes. My men have taken up positions in and outside the capital.”

“Good,” Marvin replied before turning his attention to Luther.

“Our Kingdom knights have also taken up positions. Most of them are have entered the capital under disguise as normal citizens. The merchant guild will arm them when the time comes. Furthermore, the twin lovers’ guild has declared its readiness.”

“Good. The kingdom knights will take control of the commerce section. A small part of the forces will join the twin lovers at the academy and take it over. That just leaves the mercenaries to capture the noble district and the castle.”

“Understood. My men are ready.”

“I hope so. This coup cannot fail… I am betting my life on this.”

“Do not worry Duke Marvin. My men are well trained.”

“Good… Here…”

“This is?”

“A list of the noble who support me. Your men can plunder any house in the noble district, except for those. The twin lover’s guild will provide additional support. I hear that they have managed to gather most of the lower noblewomen in one spot. Do with them as you please.”

“Is that really alright?”

“Humph… My new kingdom doesn’t need women like them. I was originally going to kill them all, but it seems to be such a waste.”

“Understood. My men will be most pleased.”

As Hex left Duke Marvin’s estate. A sinister smile fell on his face as he ripped the list to pieces.

That fool really has no idea that he is being played for a fool. Got to hand it to that queen of the twin islands. She truly is a demon in disguise.

8