Chapter 34
200 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A mercenary is a greedy person. There wasn’t anything he wouldn’t do for money. Murder, rape, kidnap. Nothing was off the table as long as the client had the cash to pay for it.

Hex, however, found himself in an unusual situation. The woman who straddle him offered no coin for a job that was as risky as a blind man fighting a dragon.

She wanted to expand her kingdom but there was a problem. Her kingdom was an island.

It is kind of hard to expand when there is nowhere to expand to. 

The solution she came up with was to conquer a kingdom on the mainland. Up north, such an act would no doubt not be overlooked by the empire, but down south was a different story.

She didn’t even need to think about the possible target for conquest. After all, it was already being conquered, all that was left was the final nail in the coffin.

“You want me to help you conquer the kingdom of Eleadia?”

“Yes.” A soft voice answered. The beauty that stood before him was the Queen of the twin islands. Queen Josephine.

Long red hair, deep blue eyes, and beautiful pink lips. Her face was truly a masterpiece, and if that was not all her curvy figure with big boobs sealed her sexiness.

“An interesting job you have there your majesty but, how exactly do you expect mercenaries to conquer a kingdom?”

While mercenaries did fight in wars, they simply made up the numbers. It is not like they fought an entire army on their own.

“I have been devising a plan for a while now. True, mercenaries couldn’t capture a kingdom under normal circumstances.”

“Hooo…”

She smiled after seeing his interest.

“The reason is simple. The nature of war prevents such a thing. You would usually fight battle after battle before a victor was determined but what if you could reduce that to one battle.”

“I see… Yes, if you could reduce it to a single battle then you could win a war with just mercenaries.”

“I am glad that you agree.”

“Can I hear this plan of yours?”

“Does that mean you accept my proposal?”

“A mercenary never accepts anything, until a price has been set.”

“And what price would you accept?”

“Half of all the kingdom's wealth.”

“No.”

“A straight answer.” He spoke. 

Hex looked closely at her sexy body. As a man, he had gone to many brothels but never had he seen such a sexy aura.

“One third.”

“Hmm?”

“One third of all the wealth in the noble district of the capital.”

“Only one third?”

“Should this plan fell I intend to lick my losses with the rest.”

“Is that so? I see… However, that is still a bit…”

Before he could finish his sentence. Josephine stood up and undid the strings that held up her dress, allowing it to fall to the floor.

“You were saying?”

Hex found himself enchanted by the sexy woman who now stood naked before him. True, what she was proposing allowed her to rip all the rewards with no risk or effort on her part but…

It’s not every day that you can say that you fucked a queen, he thought. Especially a queen as beautiful as her.

***

The crowd grew louder and louder as the knights marched by in the commoner’s district.

The Eleadia festival was underway.

“This is amazing…” a child remarked

“Long live Eleadia” An old lady cheered

It was indeed a festival filled with joy and pleasure. Well, not for everyone.

“Humph… Can you hear those ugly commoners? Causing such a commotion?” One noble lady uttered

“Indeed. To think we can hear them all the way out here.” Another uttered.

The academy may have closed for the semester but the female noble students didn’t leave for their homes.

The reason was simple. There was no reason to return to their family territories as their households were all in the capital to enjoy the festival. Unlike their male counterparts, the women were allowed to choose whether to join their families or stay at the academy. 

Most choose the second option.

Going home will just give their mothers a chance to complain about every small detail, the thought, or worse they may be asked to consider marriage with an undesirable person.

The very thought caused them to shun any attempt to rejoin their families. As far as they were concerned, they were not going to waste their youth with such pointless worries. 

On top of that, there was the invitations high ranking and single ladies received from the lower-ranked noblewomen with noble knights.

They were hosting picnic and tea parties everyday. The idea was first suggested by their lovers and soon enough they agreed with the idea.

They were going to celebrate the festival from the comfort of the academy.

“Oi… My glass is empty.” One lady shouted before a noble knight swiftly appeared and poured a cold grape juice into her cup.

“Your drink, my lady.”

“Humph…” she replied.

The noble’s knights with partners were working as butlers at every event. There wasn’t a day that they didn’t serve as butlers during the day and at night, they would wait outside their dorm rooms as their partners made love to their lovers.

Colin looked on as he returned from the Labyrinth.

He felt frustration at the sight before his eyes but not hopelessness. Before she left to perform her duties as princess, he had held a discussion with the princess.

“I can’t explain anything yet but the royal family is looking to overturn the marriage decree for noble knights.”

“Is that true?”

“It is, however, in order to do that we will need the help of the noble knights in the future… Colin, I know it is a lot to ask but will you be willing to lend us your strength?”

“Hmm… If there is anything I can do then I will.”

“Thank you...” She said cheerfully 

Teresa. I am counting on you. He thought

“Will look at that. They really are a clueless bunch.” A voice spoke out.

Colin turned around and saw Rose B. Hensley and her partner George Dragonfire approach.

“George, Rose.”

“Yo, princess knight.”

“Princess Knight?” Colin replied with a puzzled look at the nickname she had given him. 

“You fought for the princess right? Hence, princess knight.”

“Stop teasing him,” George uttered

“I am not teasing him. I am just stating a fact. The only one I will tease is you.” She said before giving him a kiss.

“You two, really are in…”

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Before Colin could finish his words. A large explosion rocked the capital.

6