Chapter 35
173 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Archie watched on with a bottle in his hand as his partner Shelley fed her lover Max a strawberry.

“Do you want another one?” she asked

“Sure.” He replied

They were currently at a picnic with other noblewomen who noble knights serving them as they played with their partners.

This situation was really strange in Archie’s eyes. Charley was the first to point out the oddness of what was happening.

Why were their partners doing this? Hosting a large-scale party like this every day? It was unheard of.

When they heard that their lovers suggested it, Charley got even more puzzled.

The reason was simple, hosting these kinds of parties cost a lot of money and the noble knights were forking the bill. This came after the noblewomen all agreed to suspend all payments to them for three whole months.

Then even signed a contract and everything.

Charley found out that this was the work of the lovers but couldn’t figure out why. It made no sense.

If they didn’t pay their partners for three months, odds were that they, in turn, couldn't hire the lovers... and yet it was the lovers who suggested it.

Furthermore, their attitude changed. It was common for lovers to edge their partners to taunt them but there was no sign of that. If anything, apart from having sex with their partners in their dorm room every night, they were being civil.

Charley felt that something was clearly wrong with this picture. Every noble knight did as well.

As Charley serviced Catherin, Zain, and Zain’s childhood friend Susan or Sue, he saw Colin talking to his friend.

He hadn’t had a chance to talk to him after his duel with Alexander. In the few moments that he saw Colin, he notice a change in him. He was constantly watching the noble knights who had partners.

Something in his expression told Charley that something had happened but what was it.

It was wishful thinking but Charley hoped that he somehow managed to convince the princess to lobby on behalf of the noble knights to overturn the marriage decree.

Having the future Queen herself support such a move would bring new hope to an otherwise hapless attempt to change it.

As looked on...

BOOOOOOOOOOM

He too heard a loud explosion.

After a while, teacher's arrived and ordered all the students to head back to their dorms. The lovers were ordered off the campus and back to their guild.

The teacher’s panic voices told Charley that something was seriously wrong.

“Why do we have to end this party so suddenly because of one big bang?” Catherin complained

“There is no need to complain, Catherin, I will see you sooner than you expect.”
His words alarmed Charley. Unlike the dumb and naïve Catherin, he could feel certain malice in the manner he uttered those words. Upon looking at the other lovers’ expressions, he could see nothing but evil intentions on them.

***

Noah Frederic had arrived in the capital as instructed by his wife Nina Maccabaeus Frederick.

She was attending a function housed by one of her friends during the festival. It was an event where married women brought their lovers and socialized and for the first time, their noble knights had been invited, not a guest, however.

“You call this service you lazy swine.” A noble lady uttered as she poured hot coco on the head of her bowing partner.
Noah looked on as his friend, David Lancaster, the father of Archie was treated in such a manner.

David was an unfortunate noble knight in the sense that his partner was Rosalie. While most noblewomen were content with meeting their noble knights between three to five times a year. Rosalie made it an almost monthly affair.

With the same adventure party each time, she would ride to his territory in a carriage.

Her visits were never to acquire more money but rather to fulfill some sick fantasy. At least that was the opinion of one of the female adventures who made up the party.

She would berate his attempts at service.

She would walk with him on a leash while insulting the town folks of his domain.

She even went as far as have him run alone side her carriage as she had sex with her lover inside.

This particular act made the female adventure look down on noble knights.

Yes, David was indeed an unlucky noble knight.

“Why aren’t you paying attention to me?” Nina asked with a glare

“My apologies,” Noah replied

“Humph… It would be wise to not anger me Noah or I will not help you out.”

“Eh?”

“From that stupid face you are making, I take it that you don’t know what has been happening with your son.” She said before smirking

“What do you mean?”

“You son became a noble dog, recently.”

“Eh?”

“You might be unfamiliar with the term as it is a recent thing among the noblewomen at the academy. It simply means that no noblewoman will agree to be his partner.”

“What? How?”

“Apparently he dueled with a son of a duke. What kind of stupidity is that?”

Noah was in utter shock and Nina was loving every bit of it.

“Too bad that useless wife of yours didn’t give you another son.”

Upon hearing those words, Noah glared at Nina while emitting a killing intent. Nina shrieked at first but once noticing her friend’s eyes on her she recomposed herself before standing up.

“You dare glare at me?” she shouted before slapping him. “Don’t you realize the situation you are in?”

If Colin couldn’t find a partner at the academy his only option was to find an old unmarried or widowed noblewoman.

This kind of arrangement was expensive as hell and would require Nina to handle the negotiations.

“Oi… Why aren’t you answering me?”

Noah was deep in thought. This was the only way to ensure that Colin found a partner.

“Tch… If you don’t need my help then…”

“Wait… I…”

“Huh… aren’t you forgetting something.” She said while pointing at the floor. “Dog begs while on all fours, right?”

“That totally right.” One drunk noblewoman shouted

“Dogs beg on their knees.” Another added

“Don’t forget to make him lick your shoes,” Rosalie added as well.

“That right… Beg while licking my shoes. Perhaps then I will forgive your earlier mistake.” She said with a smirk

“I…” Noah uttered when.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

A large explosion erupted near them, shaking the room violently.

***

“Are you really going forward with it?” Teresa uttered with excitement

“Yes” her mother answered

Queen Charlotte, Victor, and Keith were having a private meeting with Teresa, Catherin, and Helen.

“Our investigation has concluded that with support from the noble knights, the royal family will finally have the power to challenge the nobles,” Keith said

“That being said, with how the noble knights have been treated up to now, getting them to side with the very same royal family that put them in this situation will be challenging. I am counting on you with negotiations.” Queen Charlotte spoke

“Me!?” Teresa cried in shock

“That noble knight of yours. Colin Frederick. I was thinking of having him marry you. What are your thoughts on that?”

She went red in embarrassment.

“What are you saying? You would have me make him my consort.”

“Actually, I was thinking of making him king.”

Despite her saying this there was little reaction from the three girls.

“Oh… Should I take it that you three have no issues with what I have said?”

“Well,” Teresa spoke before Helen intervened, “In the brief time we have spent with Colin he has proven himself capable of being in a leadership position.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes. It might be because noble knights handle all administrative duties in their domains. They have no hired help which makes them grasp a situation without information being distorted as it travels up the chain of command.”

“I see.”

“Furthermore,” Catherin began to speak. “His leadership qualities in military matters are also high. I myself have tested him by giving him the royal knights commander test.”

“Eh… When did you do that?”

“Last week father.”

“Oh? And what was the score?”

“Don’t know. The scholars are still pondering on some answers.”

“Eh? Explain.”

“60% of his answers were correct, however, the solution he came up with for the other questions is something that our own military has never thought of. They are running simulations with mock battles and so far his solution prove to be 60% to 70% more effective.”

“If that is the case then we cannot allow this information to leak out.” The queen uttered.

“Worry not. Hans is overseeing this, your majesty.”

“Good. Now back to my original question.”

“I have no problem with him being king,” Teresa uttered

“You don’t mind playing second to him?”

“Hmm… I don’t know why but I feel like he wouldn’t make me feel like I was playing second to him.”

“I know what you mean. Even when he is instructing me with the sword, he never shows any sign of looking down on me. If anything he encourages and motivates me to do my best.” Catherin added

“Right. Even when he is helping me in research. He is always open-minded and listens to my opinions… He truly is a wonderful man.”

“Does this mean that all three of you are willing to marry him?” Queen Charlotte asked and all three nodded before blushing.

“That is wonderful. Then…”

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

“What is that sound?”

A knight entered the room 12 minutes after the explosion.

“Reporting… Word has come from Vice Commander Hans that the nobles are revolting. It’s a coup.”
“What did you say?” Queen Charlotte yelled

***

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

“That must be the signal.” David W. Gabriel uttered

“Indeed it is. The mercenary Hex must be making his move.” Luther B. Maverick replied.

“The day has finally come. The day a new kingdom is born. Long live the King...” Marvin L. Bennett said with a smirk.

6