Chapter 38
207 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You have nowhere left to run bitch.” 

Rose had been cornered at the end of the hallway on the second floor. Three lovers’ smirked at her as they slowly approached.

“Heeh? I am not the one who happily has sex for money… from where I am standing, you guys are the bitches around here.” 

“Even in this situation, you dare open that big mouth of yours. I wonder how long that will last once we are through with you.”

“If that is supposed to be a threat, then please bring me a man with balls to issue it. Hearing it from bitches makes me lose interest.” 

“That’s it!” One lover yelled as he walked towards her.

‘I am scared… Someone, please help me… George,’ Rose pleaded in her mind when through the window a figure jumped through, causing the glass to shatter loudly.

“George!?” 

George jumped through the window after Aaron told him exactly where she was.

“Rose! Are you okay? You haven’t been hurt have you?” he said in a panic.

“I am fine… It will take more than these guys to scare me.” She said with a smile

“Thank goodness…” he said before embarrassing her in a hug.

Meanwhile, 

“Did he jump through the window?”

“Impossible… Don’t you know what floor we are on?”

“Are you saying? That I imagined it! You saw it too, right?”

“Enough with this bickering… Attack you, idiots.” 

George released his hug and turned around.

“Attack!? Whom are you attacking? You couldn’t possibly be talking about my Rose right.”

Rose didn’t feel a thing because the killing intent was directed at the three. As far as she was concerned George was simply asking questions in a deep angry voice, however, those three felt it.

They each felt like a giant rock was placed on their chest. They found it hard to breathe, to move, to think. 

Their whole world flashed before their eyes before they fainted onto the floor.

“What are they doing?” George asked with a puzzled face

“I think they fainted,” Rose replied.

“Eh?” George replied. He couldn’t understand why they would faint but he didn’t question it either. Rose on the other hand had an idea but saw no reason to tell him

He picked up the three before escorting Rose downstairs.

“You know… My room is on the floor below.”

“I don’t think this is the right time to…” he stuttered 

“I am just teasing. You’re so cute when you stutter like that.” She replied

George’s face when bright red from her teasing. He couldn’t bring himself to look her in the eye as they walked down the staircase.

***

The noble knights rushed into the hall.

“Hold them down. Anyone with the sleep spell should cast it on them.” Charley instructed 

“Charley?” Catherin uttered in amazement 

“What the hell are you doing here? What happened to the mercenaries who were guarding this place?” Zain asked in a panic 

“Those guys we meet outside? We sent them on their way to meet their ancestors.”

“Eh?” Zain he replied as Charley rushed him

‘So fast!’ Zain thought before swinging his sword

“If you are going to move that slowly then you really are underestimating me.” He said before grabbing Zain’s hand and throwing him over his shoulder.

He twisted his hand and disarmed a screaming Zain.

“I need a sleep spell.” He cried before another noble knight came to cast it on Zain.

It took them only two minutes to suppress all the lovers in the room. The girls were in utter shock.

They couldn’t believe what was happening in front of their eyes.

“Aaron… What is happening with Colin?” Charley asked

“All the enemies have already been dealt with. Looks like he got the teachers to send some staff members here.”

“Good. We will tie them up before heading to the noble district.”

“Tie them up? What do you mean by that? Do you have any idea what they did to us? They humiliated us… Kill Them Now!” one noblewoman uttered

“I agree” Shelley uttered before glaring at the unconscious Max. 

Some of the other noblewomen began to suggest the same thing, especially those of higher rank who felt extreme humiliation. 

‘A lowly lover of a lowly noblewoman dare to disrespect me. To suggest that I be sold as a slave. I will have him executed.’ 

Such thoughts were running through the minds of those women.

Charley opened his mouth to speak but it was Rose who spoke first.

“What are you idiots talking about!?” she yelled 

“You! A low-born noble dares to call me an idiot?” One daughter of Earl yelled

“Humph… What is an earl’s daughter, compared to royalty” she replied

“Eh? What do you mean by that?”

“The kingdoms law clearly states that the fates of all prisoners of war or conflict belong to the crown. By ordering the noble knights to execute prisoners they have captured, you are defying that law. If I remember correctly, defying such a law is called… Treason.”

“Wait a minute… I never…”

“Never what? Knew? I doubt such a thing will matter… Ignorance is no excuse… If I were you, I would shut my mouth and let the noble knights handle the situation.”

The earl’s daughter had no reply and simply averted her eyes.

‘Are you kidding me? These idiots didn’t even spend one moment to thank the noble knights for saving their worthless lives. Looks like I am going to have to abandon my original plan. Luckily a new opportunity has presented itself.’ 

Ever since Rose decided that she would become George’s wife, she had been hard at work, trying to figure out a way to have the marriage decree removed, for the sake of their future son.

She befriend the princess and her aids, where she found out that it was actually the nobles who pushed for the decree to remain in place. 

The royal family was already on board in having the decree removed.

It was at that time that she formulated a plan. If it was impossible to remove the decree, then what about the stigma, noblewomen had toward noble knights. 

If they could see the benefits of being with a noble knight, then even if the decree stood in place, the lives of noble knights would improve. 

However, she ran into a problem. The lovers were blinding the women from seeing the worth of a noble knight.

Her constant bashing of lovers in public was intended to prove that they were indeed worthless. If she could get some of the noblewomen to see this, she hoped it would ripple out, to the others as well. This plan was not showing any results at first but she didn't mind it because she had little over two years to see it through.

'Now that it has come down to this… The best option is to have the noble knights contribute to defending the royal family in this coup.'

She did not doubt that the nobles behind this coup were also the ones who blocked the royal family from reversing the marriage decree.

If the noble knights contributed greatly and those nobles were removed, there would be no stopping the reversal of the decree.

“You guys should hurry up.” She uttered as soon as teachers arrived to take custody of the captured lovers.

“Will you be alright?” George asked.

“Don’t worry about me. Right now you guys need to protect the royal family.” She uttered while looking at Charley, who understood what she meant.

“We are moving out!” Charley yelled.

Rose waved her hand as she watched George head off to battle.

‘Come back safely’ she prayed.

6