chapter 39
539 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What are you doing?” Nina yelled as her lover had just killed the father of her son.

It all started after the loud explosion. The lovers’ attitude changed in an instance, as 3 mercenaries entered the room with swords in hand.

“What is the meaning of this?” Mark yelled, only to be stabbed in the heart by James who had a sickening smile on his face.  

“James!?” Mark spoke softly, before collapsing to the floor.

“What are doing James?” Nina yelled 

 “Oh, God… Do you ever shut up bitch?” he said before slapping her hard. Nina fell to the ground in shock at what had just happened.

The noble knights didn't react to what was happening.

The confused look on everyone's face made James laughed before declaring, “This is a coup. The royal family is being overthrown and we are part of it.” He proudly said.

“What nonsense are you talking about?” The woman who just spoke was Elizabeth. The legal wife of Henry O'Brien, father of Aaron O'Brien.

She had long blond hair and blue eyes, which made her feel more superior to other women. She often bullied Henry’s other wife and mother of Aaron, whenever she visited the domain.

“It is not nonsense, Elizabeth.” Her first lover uttered

“House, Maverick, Gabriel, and Bennett have been planning this for a long time and we have been part of it.” Her second lover added

“In exchange for money, power, and noble titles, we have been helping them prepare for this day.” Her third lover explained

 “House Bennett, Gabriel, and Maverick… It can't be…” she uttered in shock.

“But it is...” it was Rosalie K. Lancaster’s lover, Smith, who said those words.

“Wait a minute, I don’t understand… Even if what you say is true, why are you treating us like this?”

“Do you really need to ask? Do you think any of us loved any you? Don’t be ridiculous.” He uttered before laughing out loud.

“What are you saying!?” one noble lady yelled

“It was all an act. As if we can fall in love with garbage like you.” James uttered, as he coldly stared at Nina. “The only thing you bitches were good for is razing the capital for this coup and nothing more.”

“Even if one of us did fall in love with one of you. It would be pointless as you are unable to give us a child to inherit our upcoming noble titles.” One lover added

“That’s right. We have to think of the future you know. Ugly women who can’t even produce a son have no value in our future kingdom.” Another uttered

“Don’t worry, I hear where you are going, many men will pay for garbage like you.”

“Where we are going? What are you talking about?” a noble lady asked with a pale complexion on her face.

“Didn’t we tell you? You are going to be sold as slaves by the mercenaries we have hired. Probably right after they have had their fun with you.”

“You bastards…” Elizabeth yelled before slapping one of her lovers in the face.

“You bitch… Still think you are all that?” The lover angrily replied before swinging his sword, but before it could hit her, it was caught between two fingers.

“Noah… I have been in contact with my son.” Henry uttered while holding the sword in his fingers. “Colin is leading the others against the attackers and is asking for our assistance.”

This information surprised Colin for a moment before he asked

“What does he want us to do?”

“They have just finished securing the academy and are on their way to secure the noble district and the royal palace. They want us to take care of the other areas.”

“Understood. Any combat instructions?”

“The mercenaries and kingdom knights can be killed but the lovers have to be captured alive. Something about an international incident if we just blindly kill them.”

“Is that so?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” James roared in anger.

The lovers were agitated by how the two noble knights were talking as nothing noteworthy was happening. They were so agitated that they didn’t notice the change in the expression of the only three mercenaries in the room.

‘This is bad, really bad. That guy caught that sword swing like it was nothing.’

‘The atmosphere these guys are giving is totally different from before. It's almost like they are completely different people.’

‘We have to escape. Right now or else we.’

In an instant those three were dead. Lex Dragonfire, the father of George Dragonfire was first to move.

Ten days before arriving in the capital he got a letter from George’s fiancé Rose. It was a simple letter of greetings, in which she expressed her happiness in being engaged to his son. 

Lex wasn’t going to allow these people to threaten a bright future that awaited his son, even if it cost him his life.

His legal wife looked on in shock as Lex used nothing more than his hands to behead the mercenaries.

“Monsters!” one lover screamed, but before any of them could react to the situation, they were all knocked out.

“Hmm… Is it just me or were these guys kind of weak?” one knight commented

“Well… They are lovers, after all, I doubt they have had much combat training. The mercenaries and kingdom knights might prove a bigger threat.” Another concluded

Only time would tell just how wrong he was. It wasn’t that they were weak, the noble knights were just too strong. 

A B-rank adventurer is strong but cannot be compared to an S-rank. That was the difference here.

“Even so. They were…”  

“Leave the chatter for later, we are moving out,” Colin uttered. 

As someone who won Rokuken 3 years in a roll, he had a lot of respect among the noble knights present. They may not be in the academy anymore but they were still going to follow his instructions.

“Where are you going? You can't leave us defenseless!” Rosalie yelled

“We have to perform our noble duty to protect the kingdom. You do realize that preventing us from doing so could be considered treason.” David coldly replied back

With those parting words, the noble knights unleashed their skills on the oblivious mercenaries and kingdom knights.

5