CHapter 40
193 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hmm…” 

“Something the matter? Hex.” Marvin asked.

“No… I thought I sensed something coming from the noble district, but it must have been my imagination.” He replied

Hex and three dukes, along with their sons were inside the castle grounds. With most of the capital under their control, taking the castle was the last step of the coup.

“Heh?” Anthony uttered when he saw Catherin fighting nearby. She and her brother, along with other knights were fending off mercenaries that had laid siege to the castle.  

Anthony had a sinister smile on his face as he looked on, meanwhile, Hex had a frown.

‘Why are they having trouble subduing them? No… The real question should be on the skill level of that girl. Where did she learn to fight like that?’ he thought

“Nikon. Handel the situation over there.” Hex commanded one of his subordinates

“Understood…”

“Wait. I would like to join him.” Anthony uttered

“This is no time for games Anthony. We need to keep moving.”his father yelled

“Let him have his fun,” Marvin spoke

“Thank you for understanding, Duke Marvin,” Anthony spoke before heading off. 

“I wish you wouldn’t interfere in my personal affairs.” Luther reprimanded Marvin

“What exactly is the problem here? You know the interest that boy has in that girl. Let him have his fun for today.” He replied before walking off with a smile on his face.

As far as Duke Marvin was concerned, today was indeed a glorious day. He was in arms reach of becoming a King.

With Hex leading the way they barged into the throne room.

“Your majesty… I see that you have been waiting for me.” Marvin uttered with a sickening smile.

***

Back in the courtyard, Anthony and Catherin crossed blades.

“You traitor… I will have your head for treason.”

“Interesting words from someone on the losing side… If I were you, rather than speaking nonsense, I would be begging on my knees for mercy.”

“Who would ever beg you?” She uttered as she swung her sword at him but he blocked it easily before smiling.

In his mind… Anthony thought himself to be her superior in close combat, however, he failed to notice her left fist, which landed a direct hit on his chest. 

Anthony stumbled backward before collapsing onto his knees. Catherin had always been the better fighter, however, after receiving lessons from Colin her fighting power could no longer be compared to his.

“You bitch! What did you do?” he asked with a glare

“As if I have time to explain my new fighting style to a traitor.” She said, before going for the finishing blow but Nikon intervene.

“I don’t need your help,” Anthony yelled

“Don’t act like a spoiled brat on the battlefield, besides… I have already finished having my fun with the other one.” He said with a smile.

 Catherin turned her head and found her brother bleeding on the ground.

“Brother” she yelled as she attempted to go to his aide, but Nikon’s appeared in front of her and unleashed a sideways strike with his sword... making her jump backward.

“Come now, little girl… Show me your skill…” he taunted 

Catherin didn’t hesitate. She channeled magic through her body and lunged at him. Her attacks were swift. She attempted to either stab or slash Nikon, but he either blocked or dodged her attacks.

‘Hmm… Her skills are not half bad but she clearly lacks experience, furthermore, her desperation to reach her brother is causing her to make mistakes…’ he thought before declaring.

“This is your lucky day girl… I have decided to make you my woman.”

“Bastard! What did you say?” Anthony angrily shouted

“It’s not every day that you run into a pretty girl that can fight… I would be a fool if I left a treasure like her for a spoiled brat like you.”

“You better watch your words mercenary. Have you forgotten who pays you?”

“Of course not. We mercenaries never betray a client.”

“That’s right! You work for us…”

“Hmm… Are you sure about that?” he asked with a smile

“Eh?”

“Looks like you have been played,” Catherin spoke uttered

“What do you mean?” Anthony yelled 

“If I had to guess… Someone has been pulling your strings from the very beginning. The mercenaries were already hired to overthrow the royal family long before you ever made contact with them.”

“Oooooh… Smart, Can fight, and is intelligent. You are the full package girl.” Nikon praise 

“I don’t need praise from a low life like you. < Eight Thrust Strike >” 

Catherin unleashed her trump card. Eight thrusts that aimed at eight different spots on Nikon’s body. If even one connected, it would leave a devastating blow on the armor-less Nikon.

‘What!?’ she thought as Nikon countered all eight strikes. ‘Only Colin and my father have countered that skill. Is this guy that strong?’

Nikon then used his skill, < Swift Strike Disarm > to send Catherin’s sword flying out of her hand, before grabbing her by the hair and slamming her face-first onto the floor. 

“Ooops… I didn’t mean to use so much force. Ahhh… You’re bleeding, but it looks like the cut isn’t that deep. I will have a healer look at it later.” He said as he firmly held her head down.

“Get your hands off her, Bastard!” Anthony roared as he charged, but the other mercenaries knocked him down to he kness before pointing a dagger at his neck.

“Don’t be like that… In exchange I will show you something nice…” he uttered with a dirty look on his face.

“Wait… What are you doing?” Catherin asked

“Isn’t it obvious? I am going to make you mine right here…”

Catherin’s face went pale as she realized what he meant.

“No… Stop!” she screamed as she struggled to break free.

Nikon laughed with excitement. “Don’t worry… I will make you feel good.”

“Stop! Stop!” she yelled

“Scream all you want but no one is going to save you…” Nikon spoke but then he felt a sudden chill down his spine. The last time he felt it was when Hex seriously tried to kill him for disobeying one of his commands.

‘Why am I feeling this chill?’ he thought, “Oi… You guys.” He began to speak but stopped when he noticed the dead bodies of his comrades.

“You bastard!” Nikon yelled as he charged the boy wearing an academy uniform. His rage fueled his attack, however, there was also a bit of hesitation. His instincts were screaming for him to flee, not fight.

He pushed past those doubts and lunched forward before dodging a diagonal strike from the boy. Thinking an opening had appeared he active his < Swift Strike Stab > and aimed for the boy’s heart, but…

‘Is that magic? How? The only person who fights like this is Hex-sama’ he thought as a lighting magic attack came his way.

“Ahhhhhh” he yelled as the attack connected. The electric shock numbed his movements, making him unable to move. “You fucker…” he yelled before a cold blade cut through his neck.

7