Chapter 34
110 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Congratulations on your engagement,” I yelled

Right now, I am having lunch with Takashi and his childhood friend Minako.

I just found out that she is going to marry Takanori and couldn’t wait to congratulate her.

“Eh? You are getting married?” Takashi asked

If looks could kill, Minako’s glare at me would be enough to destroy the entire Japanese Defense Forces.

“Nothing has been set in stone. It is just a proposal… I fully intend to stop it at any cost.” She replied

“Come on now… Why don’t you give Takanori a try? You might just fall in love with him.”

“I have no interest in that clueless boy. If anything, isn’t he the type of guy you usually sleep with?”

Sparks flew between us. Her ability to choose words that insult you without directly insulting you still amazes me.

“What are you saying Minako-san? I already have a boyfriend.” I uttered before squeezing Takashi’s arm between my boobs as I got closer to him.

This clearly made her angry, but I found myself enjoying the glare.

Dense Takashi, who was sitting between us and deep in thought spoke up, “Hmm… considering your father’s personality, I doubt you will be able to convince him easily, or has he changed since the last time I saw him?”

“No.” She replied with a sad expression. “He is as stubborn as ever. I will need a pretty good argument to break this off… Wait! What if you pretended to be my boyfriend?” she suggested

‘As if I am going to let that fly!’

“I understand your situation but I feel uncomfortable lending my boyfriend for such a scheme. If you want, I can help you find some other guy to play the part.”

“I have no interest in the boys that made you spread your leg like a common prostitute.”

“Minako!” Takashi yelled.

Looks like she didn’t choose her words carefully there and it ended up upsetting Takashi, “That was an uncalled-for remark. Apologize to Hinata.”

The moment he uttered those words, Minako's facial expression went blank. She was clearly shocked at his anger and probably more shocked at his request.

 ‘What do I do here? I really want to see her apologize but I doubt she will. If it continues like this it might cause a rift between the two. That might a good thing for the short term but what if Takashi blames me for it later on? For better or worse, she is his childhood friend. If he ends up regretting having a rift formed between them, the obvious person to blame is me. ’

“That’s okay Takashi. Minako is under a lot pressure and probably misspoke.”

“Hinata…”

“It’s okay… Really” I pleaded."I am sorry if i said something to upset you Minako..." i said to her.

“Tch…” Minako uttered before leaving without saying goodbye to us.

That was the last time she was seen on school grounds. Takashi tried to get in contact with her but failed. 

I don't know if I should be happy or worried about the situation. As it stands, only time will tell.

***

It was one week before Christmas and I was doing some last bit of Christmas shopping when I heard some interesting news.

“You guys are dating?”

“Keep it down Hinata. You are disturbing the other shoppers.” Haruko reprimanded.

I quickly bowed my head and apologized to everyone near before calmly asking the same question.

“Yeah. It is thanks to Takashi.”

“What do you mean?”

“We ran into him last week while he was shopping. He was some friends who are at another school and we hit it off.”

“What!? This is the first time I am hearing about these so-called friends of his.”

“Well, that is understandable. They go to a super fancy private school and hardly ever meet up with him. It was pure luck that we met.”

“Super fancy school? Don’t tell me you are… Ouch!” I uttered as Haruko pinched my cheeks hard.

“How long have we known each other? Why would assume that I am some gold-digging whore.”

“I am sorry…”

“Geez… I beginning to wonder just what inspired me to become friends with you.”

“Hmm… maybe it's my boobs… Ouch… Sorry…”

“Are you two always like this?” Taniko asked when she and Kurumi came over with some clothes they had chosen.

“Only when this person is in a good mood. She always says annoying things.” Haruko complained, but I couldn’t argue with what she said.

My life at the moment was at an all-time high. My father arrived earlier than I expected and was in a good mood himself. He spoiled Madoka and me with presents and trips to theme parks in the days that led up to Christmas.

As far as I was concerned, nothing could destroy this happiness.

“Hello, is this Hinata-chan?”

“Eh? Ah… Yes. Who is this?”

“This is Takashi’s mother”

Eh? Did she just say she was Takashi’s mother? Why is she calling me?’

“Yes! Hello! Umm…”

“Are you busy?”

“No! I am free!”

“Good. I am currently at the café Toki-Toki. Do you know it?”

“Yes… I am familiar with the place.”

“Excellent. We will be waiting for you to arrive.”

'We? Is she with Takashi?'

“Umm... Are you with Takashi?”

“No... I am with Hirokumi Sensei. Don’t keep us waiting… Hinata-chan.” She spoke before cutting the call.

I felt like my heart had stopped. I desperately tried to catch my breath, as my vision began to go blurry. As far as phone calls go, this is probably the worst phone call I could get on Christmas Eve.

3