23:Library.
88 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the evening hours.

Song Lu returned from his work with a sweaty body and said while removing his brown coloured dirty clothes " How's your day Wei. Do interesting things happened "

Wang Wei replied with his eyes closed while practising Martial Arts " Nothing, I just strolled around the city and had lunch in one of the restaurants. Every dish is new, costly, tasty and exciting to me. "

Song Lu explained while putting his dirty dress into the basket to wash it afterwards " Haha that's how it will feel on your first day. After all, you still don't earn anything. So, later getting your job and earning something and living on your own will let you know the true face of city life. "

Wang Wei just answered back casually " whatever you say uncle song. " and continued to practice Martial Arts. Because his visit to the city to get some distance from the village and increase his strength while learning some craft to pass time and customize weapons himself. He is not here to get rich or live city life for the rest of his life. He will only live here for about seven to eight years.

Song Lu just sighed slightly and grumbled ' Kids these days' while getting into the bathroom with a towel in underwear. He freshened up inside the bathroom with cool water and came out within few minutes.

Song Lu came out and said with care in his tone and wrinkled face. His lower body was covered in a towel and his upper body is showing off his rock-like muscles and Abs " Wang Wei stops practising Martial Arts always. Give rest to your body. "

Song Lu thought ( Anyway what are you practising on Strengthening the realm with sitting in a position like that. Does he try to impress me with his hard work? )

So Song Lu asked Wang Wei directly " So what are you practising sitting in one place like that. Do you think of yourself in the Acquired realm? Snap out of it, wake up to reality. "

Wang Wei broke out in cold sweat and taught ( I got arrogant and lost my caution. It could have been fatal in some situations and mainly, I need a separate house to avoid unnecessary troubles. First of all, I have to give believable excuses. )

So Wang Wei said with a proud smile " Uncle I'm practising my family secret Martial Arts Eagle Eye and getting familiar with it. "

Song Lu accepted the excuse without much fuss. Because he doesn't think his friend's son at the age of ten achieved Acquired realm and practising his essence. So, he replied " Ok don't overwork yourself. Now come on let's cook for dinner. "

Wang Wei asked with a puzzled expression " Why don't we just buy in the store. It's not that expensive. "

Song Lu replied jokingly " With my salary. We can't eat at a restaurant all the time and it's not healthy to eat outside always. "

Wang Wei just nodded and followed Song Lu into the kitchen. In the kitchen, Song Lu ordered Wang Wei while handing out the apron to not spill anything on their clothes " Your work is looking after rice. See, if rice is cooked well and if the rice is cooked take it from the stove. I will cook meat with some vegetables in meantime. Do you get it? "

Wang Wei nodded and proceeded to cook rice with some clean water in the pot. Song Lu also busies himself with cutting vegetables, adding spices, cleaning mutton meat and cooking them. So, there's occasional talk between them and the rest of the time were spend cooking.

The kitchen is not big, it's moderate and comfy and glowed in golden colour from the fire used for cooking in stove.

----------------------------------

An hour later.

Wang Wei and Song Lu moved the dishes to the hall and placed them on a small table. The table is a small distance from the window where you can see a street with a night sky.

After placing down everything Wang Wei and Song Lu washed the face with cool water and wiped them with a dry white towel. They sat down on the ground laid their legs under the table to sit comfy while their back bent against the bed end.

But Wang Wei stood up and bought a bottle of juice from the water pot. Where he put the bottle of juice to keep it cool even on hot days.

After that, he sat down and used chopsticks to blend curry with rice and ate it slowly by chewing. Song Lu smiled and he also ate along with Wang Wei. They finished the dinner in few minutes.

At last Wang Wei put two cups and poured some juice for himself and uncle Song Lu. As they are relaxing in the moonlight watching the people move here and there each with their unique stories till the cup is empty.

At this time Wang Wei asked Song Lu " Uncle where's a library. I looked around the city and couldn't find it. "

Song Lu said while looking at the moon and leaning his back against the bed " Ha you are different from other children like your dad said. You can't find a library. That's because only the privileged rich and certain people can enjoy it. The library is inside the inner city. To enter the inner city you have to pay 2 silver coins and to enter the library."

" You need 1 gold coin. Even with a gold coin, you can't enter the library. Because you need some recommendations from people with prestigious positions in society. So forget about that for now. Because you don't have two of these things. "

Wang Wei sighed sadly about this unfair situation for people from backward societies without any support. At least he has and knows these details from his uncle. Other people have to work hard for this information alone in this accursed noble privileged empire.

Wang Wei replied with a wry smile " Thanks for your information uncle. I will try that in future. "

Uncle Song Lu thought for a while and told " There's still a one-way. But it's harder and has very hard requirements. Do you want to hear it? "

1