Arrow of fire.
67 15 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lately, my dreams were so lifelike, I travelled through space and time and it felt as if I was not a single entity but rather many. it made me wonder what is real? Are they real? And if I am I real?-???



...


The garden was huge yet carefully tended, on each side of the road An array of blooming flowers, luscious fruit, exotic foliage scattered in a marvelous way, with a circular fountain that lays in the middle.


I was tending my horse Marianne, as it was resting its head upon my shoulder.


it's only a few years back then that I got it. It was a very young horse of Saharan breed, It was almost fully black colored, apart from a half circle mark on its forehead.


Back then it was only a small filly that behaved in an odd way, it did not let me touch it' other when i was cleaning it, now though we have grown accustomed to each other.


Soon it will also have it's aspect ceremony.


As I was reminiscing about the past, I had lost sense of what was around me, until I turned my head and found a butler standing a few feets away.


bowing with one hand on his lower back while the other close to his chest, he was trembling, visible from his shaking legs.


"What brings you in?"


"Young lord, you are asked by Lord Viere to meet him at his study."


I called for one of my few trusted servants, and friend, Janne, asking her to take care of Marianne, to which she unsurprisingly answered with great joy, after all both ladies are close friends.


I then asked the butler to lead the way.


The current lord, Abraham Sunserpent was a strict stoic man, he was fair, at least in my impression, he did his job well, and that's all to it.


In a few minutes, we reached our destination, where I found 3 of my cousins there. Our family was a small one, though we know of each other, precisely we grew up together as we are of the same age.


I greeted them, then I stood in silence, as talking right now would not only be disrespectful but also bothersome, as they are each imensed in their own thoughts.


Even slow footsteps sounded from the study, and then an old yet robust man dressed in a butler suite opened the doors, stepped to the side then made a symbolic bow.


"Please enter," he said with a gesture.


We did so. What greeted us was a man of short stature, thick eyebrows, piercing eyes as if he wanted to burn a hole through you, his head was square shaped, he had a stern look.


"Younglings, next week will be the one where you get your aspects, As the law dictates, you are to do so at the capital city Enar, as such is an act of loyalty. Through keep in mind that there are no useless aspects, only an useless user"


And that was all there was to it. 


...


Today was a good sunny day for a late autumn one. As I looked up into the sky, I saw the sun embraced by thin misty clouds, it was a beautiful sight to behold.


We were on our way, each in their own carriage accompanied with a dozen armored knights, atop it was a flag waving proudly showing a burning sun with a serpent outlining its edges.


A symbol of how glorious this household once was.


As i looked up to the sky, i saw a dying sun slowly but surely it's going below the horizon until it's no longer seen, I tried to reach upto it, to hold it in my palms, yet it choose to ignore my will, after a few minutes only a fragment of pale light remained.


I heard cheers of knights, I looked around and found that they had already started a camp. While one of my knights was walking toward my carriage just as he was about to reach me, I took my bow and arrows and stepped out.


He stepped aside, a slight bow.


"Young lor..."


"Bob, I will go on a walk around the forest by myself" 


"But the forest is filled with dangerous beasts!" 


"I'll only walk the outskirts, there won't be a need for guards accompanying me" 


Saying so I started walking, I went into the forest as I kept walking, I felt exhausted from all the travels, from all the worries, whenever I felt this way, I took my bow and kept on shooting and shooting arrows, and today is no different.


I walked deep into the forest. I found a small lake. It was mostly covered with shadowing tall trees, it's water was clear, beautiful, atop it lay fiery red flowers unmoving.


And as if to charm it's witness to bring them in its depth and to let them willingly die, drowning in its embrace, it appeared peaceful yet bizarrely bewitching.


I was in a daze, to which i woke up from in a few seconds, reminding myself that only the living can admire its beauty, i took my eyes away, then as if magnetized, i looked toward the far end of the lake, which lay a huge boulder, and atop it shines the last few rays of light of today's setting sun. 


a figure of a wolf, fur scarlet like flames as if ignited by sun fire ,dancing wildly, it's dying, injured in too many places it's blood is drying yet it is still bleeding, it's breath faint, weak but in a steady rhymes, red eyes piercing into my very soul.


I took my bow, an arrow, then I pulled the string. It felt natural as if this is how it's supposed to be done, everything was in it's perfect place.


I've done this many times, the same set of movements, the same technique, the same bow and arrow, but I always thought it to be lacking, empty of feelings, my arrows were lifeless, but today I felt as if I granted them life.


I looked into it's eyes, i was ready to shoot and both of us knew that were i to do so it would die, however all i ve seen were readiness to die, its eyes told me of how tired it was, it's accepted death and so there is no saving for it.


...


It was born during the night of a full moon, the moon was red so it's fur became red, dawn came and rays of sunlight welcomed it's birth with a gentle embrace, it liked the warmness of the sun, so it's fur burned with undying fire.


...


There is no saving for you, for you are the one who gave up on life, you are tired, you wish to rest, so let me put you to rest.


And so I fired my arrow, it burned with the gentleness of a dying sun, it was the warmest sun, warming it's cold body, re-igniting it's flames.


For he who loved the warmness of the sun, birthed through it's light, died in it's light.


And so it burned for one last time, with a strong howl it faded into ashes.


Hello, i learned how to use it now haha, well this is the mc of this story.

2