Heart a blaze.
59 9 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have conquered lands with strength, I conquered it's people with wisdom, and now those that were dying to kill me are dying for me, willingly, It's only natural that only the strongest, the wisest and most charismatic of their times, are fit to be crowned emperor to my legacy, and were they to be lacking, this signifies the end of our empire"- extract from the founding emperor's will.



...


I went toward the boulder, intending to pick up it's ashes then bury their remains somewhere.


However, all I found is the arrow that killed it, it was of a dark red color, with rune-like lines adorning it's shaft. Its arrowhead had a boney like color to it.


"Thank you for your gift, you shall burn even in death."


I bid my farewell to it's soul, then I went back my way, it was an eventless, short travel that lasted a few minutes.


As I walked out of the forest, I saw all my cousins and the knights we bought with us sitting around a campfire, a few were guarding around.


Today was a windy day, even more so that the sun has set and darkness shrouded the earth. A late autumn day, soon a new year will start and then the cycle continues.


Just like a man that died in autumn, came back struggling in the harsh winter, then lived through the soothing spring that applauded for its success with joy and carnivals, then came the dry, hot summer where the sun was at its strongest, the man's entire being burned, burned with undying fire, he claimed to be immortal, only to die once more during autumn.


It started raining, as I looked from afar as the campfire kept on growing smaller, until it was extinguished by the never ending rain.


Each took cover quickly, the knights in their tents while my cousins in their carriages.


I too ran to my carriage, hoping for a better tomorrow, I dozed off in my sleep.


...


The next day, I heard that a few knights caught a cold, weak to not danger them yet the claimed it to be a nuisance. I agreed with them as i ve never caught a cold, i did not know how it felt.


Few days passed in the blink of an eye.


We were a few minutes away from the capital, through its walls could be seen even from here, and the moment i laid my eyes upon it's high walls, i knew that the scholars and book did it no justice.


Simply a magnificent work of miraculous civil engineering.


It was said that millions go in and out daily, though it was not crowded as there were many openings and exits, 32 great gates, a few of medium size and thousands smaller ones.


We passed through a medium gate specially for the convenience of vessel nobles.


As we passed through the crowded yet orderly streets, I gazed around and marvelled of how prosperous, clean it was.


Even the poorest were well dressed, with healthy complexions. I assume they are well fed, though there were a few exceptions.


Evier was a well known city, scholars described it as a flourishing heaven of freedom, slavery was illegal, and while it was not free of corruption it had at least a good strectured order, it had all kinds of schools, from those where they pursue the arcane truth to those where they pray to gods and godesses.


I remember reading a book about governance written by the founder of the versar household, in which he said:


 "<when i was young i used to be a sheepherder from rural places, all i did was to guide sheep across the plains where good herb lays, looked out for danger, and they followed me like the obedient sheep they are, when i goverend my tirettory i found out that guiding sheep and man is almost the same, only a man is harder to satisfy>"


The people here were given rights, they had food and clothes, they were free, they were protected from wars and fire, they had education free for all.


They relied upon the mountain to live well, for those that desired more climbed atop the mountain, but rarely were there people daring to usurp the great mountain.


 ...


In front of us is a manor that spans a few miles. It's grand and luxurious, with magnificent gardens, fountains and all kinds of flowers.


I heard that the manor had as many windows as there are days in a year, and that in each day the sun shines through a different window.


 Then we were each guided into their own guest room.


I looked out of the window, in a daze I kept on thinking of how beautiful the clouds were. Today was a sunny day, well past noon and only a warm sunlight remains, it's beautiful.


I felt breathless, suffocated so I ran toward the window intending to open it. I tried harder and harder. It was stuck, I tried once more, then it opened.


I was sent flying toward the desk, my back hit it's edges, it was painful, I felt the air go out of my lungs, it was then that I realized that I wasn't suffocating.


I felt the cool air massaging my body, as i walked step by step toward the window, and when i reached it i found a pigeon, it's back was of a creamy brown like color, just like a coffee where you put too much milk, it's chest and face were of a bluey black color. It was bigger than the usual one, and more courageous


It had small wooden branches stacked on top of each other, a semblance of a semi finished nest.


And when it saw me, it flapped its wings in outrage and annoyance.


As I looked toward the flying bird it flew higher and higher until it seemingly merged with the clouds.


I took my head down, looked toward the garden, it was diverse, all kinds of flowers were one close to the other.


Violet, red, white black and blue, it was an enchanting piece of art, then my gaze moved toward a yellow figure. From this height it looked no more different than a weird exotic flower, however it moved once and once again, they were dancing or so I thought.


I hated the color yellow, even more so a so bright yellow, yet i can't take my eyes from them as if i were bewitched my irises followed their every movement, step, as if they were dancing yet at the same time walking it had a bizarre unorderly feeling to it, yet at the same time as if they were a graceful butterfly.


Maybe my gaze was too intense or maybe it was the last step of their dance, they turned toward my direction, a light bow then they lightly took their hat off as a form of greetings, then as if a besst freed from it's chains, their watery blue hair was freed from it's restraints.


Haze all clouding up in my mind in the daze of the why, and what am I feeling, I left those questions for later, then I tipped my hat in return.


Then a light applaus to signify my enjoyment.


I felt as if they were murmuring something with a light smile, however I was too far away to hear what they might ve said.


...


Pov:???


"We will meet soon, soon"



Here is ourrr loveee interest! I lost inspiration halfway through yesterday so I just waited for it to come back! Sorry i broke my promisee hehe






2