ever bruning flame
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Conquer oneself, for the mind is very fickle, it would play you, with thoughts and more thoughts, with an eerie silence and slowly as the doors closes, as the thought of how weak you are, how fragile you are fills your mind, you either die, break into pieces, into nothingness, or forge yourself into the one you always aspired to be

...

It rained and rained, tears of the sky, spirts and man, as water fell into earth, soil and dirt to mud.

Only that the sky cried yesterday, the spirits yesterday.

And man, today. 

as I look down, to be graced by the sight of a starving fire, fire seeking to devour all there is.

Burning, burning the fresh, moist wooden houses, all that can be lit, whether it's wood, barrels, children and animals.

As the freshening air turned into a suffocating smoke, enclosing all their hopes, into a dark, somber disappear.

Their cries, of pain, agony and misery as if a symphonie further enchanting they, the knights in armor, further awakening their desires to kill, to slaughter and slaughter.

In such a craze that they willingly forsake every semblance of civility, in hope of finding themselves in this chaotic place, in hope of not losing themselves, they forsake all that can be given, all that they have.

Whether it's their humanity, sympathie, or, the roles they used to play, the respectful, generous and kind knights in shining armor.

Yet now that i look, they did not lose their humanity, rather it was freed, freed from all shackles.

For humanity, is what we mankind have, for its the only thing we have.

I ask, and ask why the slaughter? Why slaughter each other, don't you treasure life, isn't life sacred? 

My questions, untold, unheard were not to be answered by anyone, other than myself.

Only this time i did not have an answer.

And so i voiced my questions.

"What do we do?"

The triplets, in agreement with each other, replied.

"You the captain, you choose"

They spoke the same words, yet as i look into their eyes, i see mockery from one pair, as if a devil enjoying a play.

Indifference from another.

And indecisiveness in the last one.

I look into Fnior.

"We should stop this slaughter, we should go, go and help these people, in hope of less people dying"

Holding his hammer, ready to move, yet he did not move, still in place.

Still waiting for my word.

...

What use is there to soldiers that do not follow orders? What use is an army that does not follow a strict hierarchy? 

...

I looked into the last one, and asked, what are we to do? 

She did not respond, so i asked once more.

"What are we to do?"

Still, once more she did not answer.

I looked into her eyes and saw the passion, almost fanatic look, as if an artist saw a piece of sublime perfection, engrossed in it such that they no longer mind what happens in this plane.

So i turned toward the only one i can rely on, and asked myself the question.

This time, seeking an answer, seeking something that i do not have.

If you seek an answer, a solution, and nowhere to find one, simply create one.

I, i want to save them.

Why do you want to do so?

I do not know.

Then, why do you want to save them?

I do not know.

Then whats the point of saving them? 

There is no point in saving them.

...

And so, i took my arrow, and bow.

And like usual the arrow was knocked into place, and the rest of the mouvements came into place, i pulled back the string.

As smooth as an ever flowing river.

I looked ahead of me, within this sea of fire, of the dying, the dead, the cries of misery and cruel laughter, i found nothing.

I looked up, today was a good day, the sun was bright and warm, the sky, cloudless, like a free, blue bird.

It was midday.

This day is beautiful, just like everyday.

I, wish for it to rain, i wish for the fire and smoke to begone.

And so i let free my arrow, as it flew into space, toward the great sun, all fire and smoke heed to it's command, followed it, and in their embrace the arrow flew higher and higher.

I looked down once more, no matter what they, man, beast and children alike, in daze, some went to their knees calling savior, some other stood their place, with swords raised, others with expressions of fear.

My empty gaze, devoid of life, of emotions, i do not understand, i do not understand them, nor do i understand myself.

Resolute, determined? No, simply i of now, cannot feel.

I cannot feel, and this feeling of emptiness, does scare me.

...

I looked as he fired an arrow, no as if a god's will to light a starry river of fire toward the burning sun.

The arrow climbed higher and higher, such as i doubt if it will soon reach the highest of heaven.

Soon, the sky, sun and what's beyond were died, obstructed in a crimson haze, a crimson of unmatched beauty.

Yet as i look into his face, i see eyes full of life, full of life.

Eyes so pretty that i question, is it fair to have him own all this beauty? Is it fair? 

It's not, but i guess, life itself was never fair.

I looked below once more, the scene of chaos, of tranquility, here, all feelings and thoughts were liberated, the cries, the fooly and lunaticy, ah how diverse we humans can get.

I wished to paint such a picture on the modt luxurious of canvas, with the most treasured of paints, and the hands of a deity.

For i believe no mortal can capture such scene.

Yet i did not have paint, nor canvas to paint on, i do not even paint.

And so, all i did was engrave this scene in the deepest parts of my heart, to be never forgotten.

...

It, finally rained, rained a sea of flame, and bright crimson droplets fell from the highest of heavens.

Only this time, all it touched turned into ashes, man beasts and plants alike, even the earth and soil burnt to ashes.

eventually all that was left was a sea of ashes, that in turn birthed a crimson crystal.

A crystal of unmatched grace.

Who dictates that fire can only burn? That a river is made of water, and that it only rains droplets of water?

The burning fire turned into a gentle fire, me and my crew remained unharmed.

Ha ha haha ha ja

0