Chapter 1: Not-so-normal Day
277 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

July 24th 1991 

I was waiting for the grocer to turn his head but it was taking a very long time today. He must know I’ve been taking a few whenever he goes inside. I don’t get the problem, I used to ask but no one really cares to give some random orphan food in the street. Plus I’ve found it to be pretty interesting to swipe stuff with magic. They can’t really blame me if they didn’t see me doing it. The grocer though, he’s been suspicious of me recently. I can’t say I blame him though I’ve been setting more traps and inconveniences lately. Just yesterday I made his wife turn purple, temporarily of course. He can’t really tell anybody because by now people think he’s a little crazy.

This time though, I’m aiming for the biggest prize I can get. I’ve seen the grocers wife splitting the cash they get at the end of everyday, and I should attempt it, but with the grocers increased alarm it’s hard to do so. I carefully get closer to the open window behind the grocers stall, peeking through the window looking for wherever the cash is held. Aha, it’s there alright. In a glass jar balancing on the edge of the table. Let’s see here. I have to either get the jar or somehow get the money separately. Let’s set off a trick and hopefully the distraction will be enough to swipe the cash. 

Suddenly a yell is heard with lots of cursing accompanying it. I reach out my hand and grab the jar through the window. I start running. Shit I can hear the grocer behind me, taking a look confirms it, he’s covered in juice and apple pieces but he is chasing me like a bull. Where do I go where do I go where do I go, Got it. I dash left into an alley and pour the cash into my shirt, chucking the bottle as hard as I can behind me. I hear the crash of the glass and take another turn in the alley diving behind a bunch of crates. 

I look through a hole in the crate in front of me but I don’t see the grocer or anyone anywhere. So I waited, and waited, and waited. After around an hour no one came down this way and I stuffed the money into my pockets. I should bail on this town now. Brushing myself off I see a letter on the ground. Picking it up I  look a the address. ‘To Nathan Peverell, Behind 1134 Sardon shop at 11:56 am’ Looking at my location I was in fact right next to the back door of the sardon general store. Opening the letter I looked at the contents. ‘We have chosen Nathan Peverell to have a scholarship to Ilvermorny, To follow up the scholarship program designated for you will be found at the tallest peak of Mount Greylock on July 25. It’s a bit odd, because a long time ago I ran away from there. Not Mount Greylock, a cottage that used to be near there. Luckily the town I’m in now isn’t that far, so I think I can get to it soon. 

6