Chapter 6: The First Mission ( Arc 1 )
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After arriving the home, Sia didn't idle around anymore and focus on her studying. 

Although she didn't study for two months, that didn't mean her grades weren't good. They are above average person like 5th or 6th. At lowest, it will be 8th. She didn't sudy hard later because there was no one who appreciate her work and effort.

' I just have to study hard now '

' Who knows, maybe I will get 1st grade '

A happy thought across her mind and chuckled.

The study didn't seem as hard as she thought. Since it is final exam, you just have to review the revisions and problems that teachers talk about most last two months. After all, all lessons have been completed and the basics were in her mind. She just have to study a little bit. 

Just like that, her three days went by studying,          eating, sleeping like a normal person. Sometimes, she chatted with little eva since it is a little boring. However, eva only replied a little and randomly.

'' Ha, it's boring ''

'' What should I do? ''

'' Hey, Little Eva? Are you there? ''

Little Eva: ...

'' Hello? Are you there? ''

Little Eva: " Host, please talk to me when you want to do missions. I will tell you details later''

A 5 inch square hologram appeared before her and vanished in a second after she finished the sentence.

'' Huh? okay, Sure. ''

' Is it in error again? '

' Can I even trust this system? '

Sia lamented her sudden choice in the hospital.

Sia looked around her desk and found the bank card. After staring intently for a while, she opened her eyes in surprise as if she has remembered something important.

'' Ah, that's right. I can do it while I'm boring right? ''

The day before the exam,

 Sia is studying her and reviewing her lessons in the morning since it is tomorrow, the exam.

'' Buzz.... Buzz...Buzz... ''

Sia tried to ignored it. But, it rang for many times. At last, Sia gave up and picked up the phone.

' Who is it to call me early morning? '

'' Hello, who is it? ''

Her tone was in a polite manner despite her angry mind.

A middle-aged man's voice came from the speaker.

'' Hello. It's me, your father ''

Sia hands suddenly stopped from writing.

'' Yes, father. What's the matter? ''

'' The apartment and the school is a little far right? How do you plan to go? ''

' I even forgot about that matter '

'' No, I haven't decided yet ''

'' Shall I assign you a driver? Although there are many taxis and the bus station near that building, you must know your safety is more important. So, how about it? ''

' It sounds logical and resonable. As expected of a businessman, but. '

'' No, it's okay. I can just go from the bus station. ''

' Speaking of bus station, ___ '

'' Still, wouldn't it be more better to go with your own driver instead? ''

'' No, it 's okay ''

'' Then, how about we do it instead? ''

' Seriously, why is he so presistent? '

'' I heard that you used bike for a few years in home to go to school ''

'' So, how about I send a new bike? Wouldn't it be better? ''

' Father, do you think that and this are the same '

' And, this is also near the main street and there are a lot of vehicles accidents and crowds and also many congestions.'

' How do you want me to ride a bicycle in those ? '

'' No, father. It's okay ''

'' And, also you don't have to transfer money to my bank account. ''

' I'm going to say this a while ago '

' I just noticed when I tried to buy bandage from the convenice store yesterday. Seeing how the part timer sees me with sparkling eyes and checking results proved to be true. Although I'm shamelessly staying in the apartment that my father bought. I'm still 15. So, I need more time to make money. Study, study.... '

'' If you're talking about money, you don't have to worry. Call me whenever you're out of money ''

' You're my what? ATM? I'm not interested though '

'' Father, I mean you don't have to fill my account but instead you should fill the black card since I will be using my daily necessities from that card anyway ''

' Of course. It's a lie though '

'' Hmm. Ok. But, don't argue about the bicycle with me anymore. I will send a new one right away. You can keep it or use it whatever ''

Sia: →_→

' Why ask though? '

'' Okay, Father. Is there other things? ''

'' No, it's all. Sleep early tonight. ''

'' Yes, bye father ''

Sia hung up quickly after she said those words and quickly shut the phone power and threw away to the bed. She continued her studying.

' So annoying '

The first day of the exam,

 Sia wore the new school uniform that has prepared for her and went to the 1st floor.

Winter has came, so she also wore a coat,on top of that, she even wear stockings.

' Who in their right mind wear skirt in this weather? '

Sia went outside to go to the bus stop.

'' Wait, you ''

Sia heard a shout calling to someone. Since there isn't anyone, she turned her head if it that someone was her.

'' Me? ''

Sia saw the secruity guard man that she saw when she arrived here first time. He can't be

called middle aged man. He has full of wrinkles and the face is slightly pale and older.

'' Yeah, you. Your father has just sent you a bicycle in the parking area yesterday. He said to go to school with that. I'm gonna tell you yesterday when you came down. But, you didn't. Anyway, I'm gonna send this message ''

'' Ah, Thanks ''

Sia replied with a rather polite smile.

'' Anyway, I'm gonna go now ''

The old guard left quickly.

' Should I ride a bicycle? '

Sia looked at the busy street ahead.

After hesitating for a bit, she looked at her watch which wore on her left wrist.

Watch: 7:35 am

' Whatever, I'm gonna take a bus today. If it isn't okay, then I will ride a bicycle tomorrow '

She waited at the bus stop nearly thirty minutes. At 8 o'clock, the bus arrived.

' Although 8 am is early, it is still crowded in the bus. Thankfully, I still get a seat '

'' Hey, what are yo doing? ''

'' Don't push me ''

'' Is there any empty seat? ''

'' Ha, you $@$%@# ''

Sia opened her phone, put on the earphones and ignored the noise. She has only one thought when taking bus.

' I'm gonna ride a bicycle tomorrow '

' Surely '

Sia: π __ π

In 8:20, the bus stopped at the stop.

Sia arrived safely thanks to her back seat and not so anti-social skills.

Sia had a long sigh after arriving at stop.

' If one ride is so exhausting, in the future, Never. Never '

Sia walked for a while and arrived the school gate. There are many cars going in and going out.

' Prestigious high school, I see. I didn't get use to this school no matter how many times I attend '

' It disappeared quickly in my memories. Is it because the school is big? '

Sia showed her student ID card to gate keeper and went to school building. There are many grades. And there is one building for each grade.

' It is quite troublesome to walk '

'  The school is so big. They even have university by their name in the area. And how wide and long is the area? 20 acres or more? Thanks to that, I had to see my twin brothers in the upcoming year. Well, only for a year. That will be the last '

Sia reached her school entrance depsite her long thoughts.

' Familiar entrance ,

 Familiar hallway,

 Familiar stairs,

 Familiar corridor, and last...

 A familiar door '

Sia opened the door and entered the classroom.

'' Click ''

Sia walked to her own seat which was at the front of the last row. There are five seats in a row. Sia sat her own seat which was not noticeably situated the second from the left.

Sia felt a few gazes towards her.

' Do the news leak out that I jump from the building? Well, even if it leaked out, it will only be small since it is new year. And, also I didn't jump from a high and popular tall building. Only mere unpopulated five-storeyed building'

' They probably must be thinking that why should I get the chance to take the test even after not attending for 14 days consecutively '

' Study, study... '

Sia put her thoughts into the trash bin immediately and start reviewing her lessons.

Soon, there are no gazes upon her and only mere chitchatting.

James Darwin stood at the school entrance and looked upon the tall building.

' Final Exam, Huh? '

James entered the school and went to his class quickly with a rucksack wearing on one shoulder.

He opened the classroom door. There are boys and girls who noticed and welcomed him.

'' Hello, James ''

'' James, Good morning ''

'' Hey, how about the exam? ''

'' James, how are you__''

'' Hey, guys. I'm okay. As for the exam, do you even need to ask? ''

James broke free from the crowd and went to his seat. When he sat down, he noticed a familiar girl from the corner of the eyes. She is sitting in front of the seat beside him.

'' Hm? ''

After staring for a while,

' Ah, apartment girl '

' Wait? She's in my class.

Didn't I ask her if she had met me before, right? '

' Why did she say no? '

' Am I not popular? '

James looked at the one girl randomly and she blushed as soon as she met his eyes.

' That's not the case '

' It's the final exam anyway. We won't be seeing other next year maybe '

Sia didn't notice the stare of James who had been staring this and that and engrossed in her studies. At 9 am, the test begins.

It is like normal test, just more strict and be careful.

As for the studies, Sia passed quickly.

After the test,

' It's quite easy '

She ate her lunch at the canteen and also didn't care about the gazes and gossips around her. There is also her sister in the class. She just didn't make eye contact with her even in the slightest and also be careful around her. 

' Although it is 21st centuy, since it is high-class school, social networks are also important, especially for high years like us. So, girls and boys who knew I am the illegitimate daughter of Loreins family tried to avoid me. Even if they can't, they just bear with it. Of course, there are a few who talk to me. But, only a few '

Sia finished her lunch quickly and returned to the class. She just review her next subject.

' Study, you have to study '

After the test,

' Today subjects are easy. I have to work hard tomorrow '

 Sia quickly packed her books and left the class. There are classes left who would like to study subjects for the next test. 

'Although I want to, it's basically a guide. So, even if I didn't understand while working at a home, I can just ask my class teacher on phone. So, I will just study from the house '

The test finished at 3 p.m.

Although she took the bus, the people seem less crowded since it is morning.

' Is it because it isn't 5 p.m yet '

Sia reached her apartment building safely.

Sia looked around the parking site as soon as she arrived.

' He said around here '

' Ah, there it is '

As soon as she saw that, her mind went blank.

' Seriously, pink? '

' Well, as long as I can ride '

Sia checked the bicycle and returned to her building after seeing nothing wrong.

' Should I wake up 6 ? '

The next morning,

Sia woke up 6:30 and prepared to go school.

She finished at 7 a.m and head out to school with her bicycle.

Although the street is not so busy and her riding skills are good, it took 50 minutes to reach to school.

' Safety is more important. I arrived early anyway '

The second day of exam, particularly nothing happened except for a few whispers and she passed the tests with ease.

And, the last day of the exam went easily.

The last day, after the exam,

' The last day, I'm gonna eat fried chicken to congratulate myself, too. Although, my balance will be a little less after that. I'm gonna find a job later. '

Sia congratulated herself by fried chicken:only leg, and with soda and simple meal. After that, she sleep early for that night to relive her stress and exhaustion.

She woke up at 8 next morning.

' Although it 's quite late, it's good '

After waking up and eating breakfast, Sia faced with a big problem.

' Now, what should I do? '

' Ah, that's right. There's mission. Is the system dead now? '

'' Little Eva, I want to do mission ''

After she said that and wait for a while,

' That's right, it must be de__ '

Before she finished her thought, she fell into the black hole from the ground.

'' Puf.. ''

' A familiar sensation '

'' Can you just send me a message when you're gonna do something like that? ''

It is not balck like when she arrived for the first time. It was white and the ground is glass mirror that she can even see herself.

Little Eva: '' I'm sorry, host. We cannot carelessly use our intervention to send a message to you when you haven't complete even one mission. And, also even if you can complete missions, we cannot communicate for longer in your world. ''

'' So, basically you're saying call me only when you do mission and don't call if you don't. Am i right? ''

Little Eva: " Although I don't quite understand the meaning behind the sentence, as expected, host is so smart. Basically, Yes ''

' Why are you acting cute in this sentence? '

' As expected, system is so calculative and useless. Of course, for me, till now. I'll have to see in mission '

Little Eva: —__—"

Little Eva: '' Host, you haven't turn off the thoughts mode? ''

''Then, turn it off ''

Sia said it bluntly.

Little Eva: '' Host, let's look at your status screen first since there will be free points since you're newcomer ''

Suddenly, a hologram at the height of half the adult showed up before her eyes.

『        

                               Status       

                         Name: Sia Amel

                         Missions: 0/5

                           Physique: 4

                      Intelligence: 5                       

                                Agility: 5

                               Charm: 4

                                   Luck: 4

                        Soul power: 12

                            Skills: ( None )           

                    Soul skills: ( None )    

                Bonus attributes:  3

                    Hidden reward: 0/5              

                                                                          』                                

'' Why is my charm and luck 4? And also what are soul skills and  hidden reward? ''

Little Eva: '' Firstly, host, we measure your status by measuring your soul. So, this is the status of your soul. No one can change it. And, about soul skills, I have mentioned you before that you will receive attributes points and skills as rewards after completing missions right? ''

'' Hmm? ''

Little Eva: '' That's right. Skills are the abilities that you will learn in the world and can only use in mission worlds whereas the soul skills are skills that can be used in your world and in mission world. For the hidden reward, it means you can claim it when you finished 5 missions ''

'' Hmm. And also what does soul power do? ''

Little Eva: '' If your soul power is strong, mission world body that the host will possess will be slighty stronger and healthier than others. When you are beaten or poisoned, it can lessen your pain a little ''

Sia flinched at the last sentence.

'' Can I do the mission now? ''

Little Eva: '' Okay, host. You'll be dizzy for a while. Please bear with it ''

'' Wait, wait.. ''

Sia saw the bonus attributes and tried to stop but she couldn't even get a chance.

Sia's vision became blurred and dizziness came into her head and her eyes closed slowly.

After a while, she can feel her fingers moving and she can smell something like herbs and medicines. She moved her eyelids slowly and saw the luxurious ceiling which was colored with pink. 

' Ah... my head '

' Seriously, pink again? '

She tried to support herself and sat on the bed to get the plot. But, the moment she moved, her head felt like a ten thousand kilogram stone pressing and her hands gone wimp and fell . She tried a few times. In the end, she cannot get up. She just stayed on the bed with slight headache troubling her. And, also her mouth felt dry.

' There must be something wrong with this body '

'' Little Eva ''

She had to use her all strength to even get this miniscule voice.

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. Do you gonna accept the plot now? ''

'' No, check my body first. I feel like there is something wrong with my body ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. Wait a second ''

Little Eva: '' Host, you are poisoned ''

' Is this even E-grade difficulty? '

1