Prologue: Before Reincarnation
583 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, time to die.”

 

That is the final exchange I had with the people who killed my cat, Fluffy.

So why did I just kill someone for killing my cat? Well, that’s obvious.

My cat, Fluffy, is my only friend and family.

 

So here’s the abridged version.

I was abandoned at the church door and raised and educated by a priest who has a chip on his shoulder and is a part-time military sergeant whenever I do something mischievous. He was a great educator and a wonderful academic for a religious person. I was never restricted with any of my interests, and he encouraged me to learn a lot.

 

Then, everything changed after I became a full-fledged adult. Not even a day after being one, I was immediately kicked out.

 

After getting kicked out by my adoptive father-figure, Father Raphael, I had to make something of myself with only a single change of clothes, a week's worth of cash, and a phone.

 

So without any support I live through dumpster-diving and sleeping under a bridge. That’s where I met Fluffy who bit my hand after trying to steal my dinner.

 

He looked like the only toy I own. So I might have given him most of whatever I scavenged. He’s also quite clean and fat for some alley cat. So after bribing him with whatever food I could manage for the day, I made sure he gets first dibs.

 

That was the start of our friendship. I would scavenge for food and he’d wait at the place I would squat for the night. Then we will share whatever I could scavenge. It continued until I was able to save money to rent an apartment after taking any job that would hire me. It was tough especially for a homeless orphan who can only rent the cheapest apartment in the worst neighborhood.

 

The house we lived in was a hovel that I had to fix. From the cracked concrete floor to the leaky roof. Fluffy and I lived for almost a decade of peace with some minor disturbances. I was able to use all the skills I learned from Father Raphael.

 

My daily routine was the same every day. I worked at a bakery in the morning, construction midday, as a bouncer and bartender at night, and as a delivery boy during the weekends. Fluffy on the other hand will guard the house against rats and terrorize the neighbors in his free time.

 

Well, that’s where things went wrong. Apparently, he ate someone’s bird. It was a prized bird of some gang member or something. I didn’t know much about the person.

 

However, one night after I came home from work I saw Fluffy hung on my door frame with a note telling me to “put a leash on your fuck!ng cat”. I was overwhelmed with grief and rage my mind exploded in white. I found myself shooting Fluffy’s murderer.

 

As I try to recall what happened, I was able to see flashbacks of pretending to deliver a pizza, then bashing the person who answered with a crowbar. Then I stole a gun from an inhabitant of that house before killing every soul inside.

 

 

“Revenge is served.”

“I should find somewhere to live.”

 

 

While I was planning an empty joyless future without Fluffy, karma came in the form of a 10-wheeler truck. The only thing I remember was the front of the truck before everything turned white. I should've snuggled Fluffy’s taxidermy more before executing my revenge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, I’m dead.”

 

“Ha! You’re a real freak.” (Voice)

 

“I heard that!”

 

“I know. Thanks for killing that b@stard.” (Voice)

 

“No problem disembodied voice that I cannot find the source. Where are you, why am I here, and what’s your grudge with that guy? You can answer in any particular order.”

 

“Well he killed me, you’re here because I brought you here, and I’m down here by the way.” (Voice)

 

 

I realized that the voice was coming from below. Looking down I saw Fluffy licking his adorable berries.

 

 

“I might be hallucinating or something.”

 

“Hey dumba$s. We’ve been together for so long. You should’ve at least questioned why I’m smarter than other common cats, and why I’ve lived with you for seven years excluding the time I’m not with you and still quite sprightly.” (Fluffy)

 

“Well, you know I never question such stuff. As long as you’re fluffy and happy.”

 

*Snuggle*

 

“Yeah, that’s what I liked about you. That and you’re loyal to a fault. So here’s the thing, I’m the follower of an Evil God and I want to at least repay my debt. So I’ll send you to a world my master manages and gift you with some abilities so you can do whatever you want there.” (Fluffy)

 

“You’re an angel or demon creature? And why would I want to live in a world managed by an Evil God? Why don’t I give you a belly rub for eternity.”

 

“First thing I’m a Cat Demon. Also, my master is not an Evil God because she’s just rampaging and destroying things. Yeah, that’s the spot. She’s an Evil God because she doesn’t do her job properly and collect devotion and create more worlds. Now rub my ears. She’s too busy being a slacker---Meouch!!! That hurts! Anyway, she does her job by making us, her followers do the managing. You can rub my tummy again.” (Fluffy)

 

“So you’re Fluffy the Cat Demon and you manage the world where I’m from? ---Why did you choose to die then? And why would I want to live in another unmanaged world? Also shouldn’t you be smart enough to think that eating that bird is not going to end well?”

 

“Hahaha! The bird looked yummy, duh. And I would’ve just used another cat’s body so I wouldn’t really die. Stop! I’m going to bite your fingers. You’ve wasted a perfectly good life. And you were pretty good at guessing my nickname is Fluffy. You are quite the talented groomer too. However, you should have guessed it’s Fluffy00004206---” (Fluffy)

 

“You would have just changed bodies? Huh. You are also a bit soft in the head. Also please tell me why I would want to live in an unmanaged world.”

 

“Eh? Because it’s a fun fantasy world and you shouldn’t have died yet… especially if a Follower of a God is involved. So I’m sending you to another world until you live your natural life, like what should’ve happened. But that’s not going to happen so I’ll send you to a different world. Okay? Bye-bye!” (Fluffy)

 

“What about the eternity of belly-rubs!!!”

 

 

Woosh.

 

Then, everything turned black.

 

 

“Oh you’ll be a Cait Sith by the way and I’ll put in some bonus. Since we’re buds I’ll send you into a world with fantasy and RPG elements. Say [Status Open] once you wake up okay.” (Fluffy)

 

And that was the final thing I remember.

 

 

AN: So Here’s the first chapter. Enjoy. Don’t forget to like and share. Check my profile for links and stuff.

20